OD pedal redundancy. What do I still "need"?

I may have something coming in the mail. Nothing new and shiny. A pedal I have
had a few times in the past and then stupid me gets rid it of it, and then I end up
thinking, "Yeah, that was fucking great and it does a thing nothing else does."

So Daddy is welcoming him back home. Probably to stay this time. Yup. For real. :beer

had a few times in the past and then stupid me gets rid it of it, and then I end up

So Daddy is welcoming him back home. Probably to stay this time. Yup. For real. :beer
Pedals are weird. Unless it's something super expensive; it makes the most sense to keep it if you love what it does...even if it falls out of favor with your ears.

...... unless you are exceedingly fickle like me. :facepalm

I am super happy with what I have, and have been using. I am going full Bob Zaod Mode and realizing
that if I have owned a particular thing several times maybe I should just stop. Not that Bob Mode is
ever stopping. :LOL:

About 15 years ago me and a buddy started compiling a list of EVERY available OD/Boost/Dist pedal (any one or combo of any) we could find that was available to buy. A dual or multi pedal counted as 1 for the sake of the list. I think the novelty and fun of it wore off after we got past 200. The whole niche went totally bonkers a long time ago. This pedal cracks me up. I want to believe I could challenge anyone to a blind test and they'd miss at least one. Probably an awesome pedal but come on!

71DTw4G8EUL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

...... unless you are exceedingly fickle like me. :facepalm

I am super happy with what I have, and have been using. I am going full Bob Zaod Mode and realizing
that if I have owned a particular thing several times maybe I should just stop. Not that Bob Mode is
ever stopping. :LOL:
Now see, I'm not as crazy as you folks that have bought the same pedal multiples times because you keep getting rid of it.:rofl
My problem is never let anything go!
But I was serious earlier, or at least I feel like I'm at a place where the pedals I have are great and I just need to enjoy what I have and keep making music with em.

Bonetender?

I don't think I am a Tonebender kind of guy, Drew. Coolest I had was the Deep Trip Hellbender. Or the
one I liked the most, and owned 2x but no longer have. :facepalm

More of a Fuzzface dude, I suppose.

About 15 years ago me and a buddy started compiling a list of EVERY available OD/Boost/Dist pedal (any one or combo of any) we could find that was available to buy. A dual or multi pedal counted as 1 for the sake of the list. I think the novelty and fun of it wore off after we got past 200. The whole niche went totally bonkers a long time ago. This pedal cracks me up. I want to believe I could challenge anyone to a blind test and they'd miss at least one. Probably an awesome pedal but come on!

71DTw4G8EUL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg
I own this guy and really, the 808, TS9, and TS10 circuit are hard to hear any difference between them. The TS7 is hard to call an OD circuit since it is so gain heavy. I had an original TS7 back when and it was basically a distortion pedal. The MSL circuit doesn't deviate too much from the TS10, just more low-end, which is noticeable. Never use the XR. The Keeley circuit is ok, just more mids.

The two settings on this pedal that stand out are the OD1 and the JHS circuits. JHS circuit is noticeably louder and more modern sounding and the OD1 is super tight and upper mid forward, plus the tone knob is bypassed on that setting.

So in a blind test I would likely hear the OD1, the TS7, and the JHS... everything else would be a toss-up!

I don't think I am a Tonebender kind of guy, Drew. Coolest I had was the Deep Trip Hellbender. Or the
one I liked the most, and owned 2x but no longer have. :facepalm

More of a Fuzzface dude, I suppose.

I just figured due to the recent SNS.

Grabbing that BD clone completed the circle for me, imo. (yeah right obviously)

Only blind spot I have currently is a fuzz. Carcosa is ok but my desire to use it is at a constant zero through no fault of it's own. If there was a mini Muff tone wicker; I'd be all about it. Whizz has given me low level Tumnus GAS but nothing that is really speaking to me currently.

Grabbing that BD clone completed the circle for me, imo. (yeah right obviously)

Only blind spot I have currently is a fuzz. Carcosa is ok but my desire to use it is at a constant zero through no fault of it's own. If there was a mini Muff tone wicker; I'd be all about it. Whizz has given me low level Tumnus GAS but nothing that is really speaking to me currently.

You might wanna check out the VS Audio Pandora. Designed to work great in a buffered environment (heck, it even has a buffer on its own), so no need to go through hoops dealing with those overly sensible "ooh-ooh-ooh, please don't use a pre-boost" princesses.
Quite high on my to-be-purchased list.

But what about Cornish, BK Butler, AnalogMan and original "vintage" 80s/90s MXR, Boss and Nobels????????

You might wanna check out the VS Audio Pandora. Designed to work great in a buffered environment (heck, it even has a buffer on its own), so no need to go through hoops dealing with those overly sensible "ooh-ooh-ooh, please don't use a pre-boost" princesses.
Quite high on my to-be-purchased list.

I'll give it a gander. Only fuzzes I have ever dug was that Danelectro Fuzz (peach fuzz clone iirc?) and the Tone Wicker Muff. Too messy sounding usually. But I appreciate hearing others play through them \m/
But what about Cornish, BK Butler, AnalogMan and original "vintage" 80s/90s MXR, Boss and Nobels????????
Waza BD is kinda on my radar.

I'll give it a gander. Only fuzzes I have ever dug was that Danelectro Fuzz (peach fuzz clone iirc?) and the Tone Wicker Muff. Too messy sounding usually. But I appreciate hearing others play through them \m/

Waza BD is kinda on my radar.
I got an Angry Driver which is interesting when you run it parallel.

Last edited:

I’d LOVE a Cornish pedal just to satisfy my Gilmour lust, but no way in hell am I dropping $800 on a fucking modified Big Muff or Tube Driver. Fortunately, Past FX seems hellbent on making some affordable options of them.

Back