NGD: Majesty Spice Melange!

Sexy As Fuck GIF by BuzzFeed

Y'all are too nice, I really appreciate the kind words as I'm starting to settle into SHOCK MODE with how sweet this guitar is. Once in a lifetime guitar right here.

I‘m guessing it’s a roasted neck? Kinda odd they glossed it, it almost looks scalloped in some of the pics from the shine!
I'm not 100% sure if they roasted it before stain and poly - definitely obvious how many pieces of wood went into the neck, had to have taken eons to work on it!. I do believe ALL the Majesty necks are glossed, you have to get a JP model for plain roasted.

It does really look scalloped in those pics, but obviously is not. The thing captures light like crazy.

Thank you everyone!:banana:rawk:beer

Since I'm a card carrying member of the . . .
JiveTurkey.png

. . . I was able to tune her down to D and rebalance the trem with relative ease. Ended up with 4/64" - 3/64" action, a double twat hair (DTH) of relief, and no buzz. Gives me room to reduce all of that when I have time.

Needed the instruction pamphlet to familiarize myself with the controls, when was the last time I looked at one of those?? The Piezo is cool as shit so far, just using a normal mono cable and primarily using it for cleaner intros. I think the mag boost is too high, which is an easier adjustment than my Sabre.

The neck pickup is grunty, definitely the most of any I've had - loving both of 'em. Does look like the bridge pu is about 7" from the strings, will need to see if that's ideal for me.

Couldn't be happier with this baby!!! Really need to downsize, I sense a bunch of guitars leaning into irrelevancy . . .

Thank you everyone!:banana:rawk:beer

Since I'm a card carrying member of the . . .
View attachment 10782
. . . I was able to tune her down to D and rebalance the trem with relative ease. Ended up with 4/64" - 3/64" action, a double twat hair (DTH) of relief, and no buzz. Gives me room to reduce all of that when I have time.

Needed the instruction pamphlet to familiarize myself with the controls, when was the last time I looked at one of those?? The Piezo is cool as shit so far, just using a normal mono cable and primarily using it for cleaner intros. I think the mag boost is too high, which is an easier adjustment than my Sabre.

The neck pickup is grunty, definitely the most of any I've had - loving both of 'em. Does look like the bridge pu is about 7" from the strings, will need to see if that's ideal for me.

Couldn't be happier with this baby!!! Really need to downsize, I sense a bunch of guitars leaning into irrelevancy . . .
Be careful on admitting those credentials publicly! Part of the post-graduate program is showing up after work one day to a sub $300 RG in police tape yellow with a Sears Catalog Guitar FloydTM where your FINAL-final exam will be to make it work like an original Floyd does!

Absolutely beautiful but I’m a little put off that a guitar this expensive comes in a soft shell case. :idk
Don't let that worry you, It's a VERY protective case. It's not a gig bag, it's very well reinforced. And I got a nice discount, too :banana But then "nice" is always relative when referring to a discount. Could've always been more nicer :unsure:

A little story about my Enchanted Forest...

The 2nd day I had it I broke the high e string. WTF?? Turns out there was a teeny burr somewhere in the area where the string crosses the saddle, which some abrasive cord from Stew Mac took care of. But as I investigated the issue, I noticed those saddles have no recess to keep the string centered. Which I honestly think is a poor design. And I never thought to mention it before you bought yours, because honestly I've since forgotten about it.

Reason being, the strings will eventually wear in a slight groove in the saddle. At least mine have. But when they're new, you have to make sure the string is centered before you tune it up to its final pitch. No big deal, as long as you notice it. Get a little tension on the string, move it to the center, then finish bringing it up to pitch.

Mine now fall into the center due to that slight groove, but you still need to check that the string is in that spot each time you change strings. I say all this because I noticed your high e isn't centered, so you may want to take care of that, before it gets used to that spot, so to speak.

Back when I was dealing with that burr, and my saddles were new, I thought you might actually be able to push the string across the saddle doing a bend, but that doesn't happen. Maybe if one were to drop way down to say 8's, and/or drop the tuning, but staying with 10's it's never been an issue.

But I still think those saddles need a recess.

Back