New Andy Timmons / Keeley Muse Driver

gearJunkie

Shredder

Screenshot_20240123-181034_1.png

Last edited:
I really thought I wouldn't need this pedal since I have two of the Keeley Super AT Mod. I bought the first one and like both settings so much to use with my HSS guitars that I bought a second pedal so I can have them set two different ways. I am very curious about the germanium side of this pedal. I am guessing that if I find a good deal on one of these used, I will probably own it.

I had one of the Keeley Germanium Super Phat Mods for a hot minute. If the RK side of the drive is anything like that, this is a killer pedal.
It is quite possible that is what the germanium side sounds like.

I am a big fan of the Keeley Red Dirt pedal. I have an early one as well as a mini. I also have the Red Dirt Germanium. I am getting the difference between these pedals is probably pretty representative of the difference between the sides of the new pedal.

Got to listen to the demo last night, that’s a killer low gain OD. The different amounts of compression and low end available between those switches should make it work awesome for just about any pickup. If I ever go back to a normal pedalboard, this is probably gonna be one of the first OD pedals I try as my lower gain thing.

D

I just noticed that the vendor I bought the pedal from still has one listed at the same price. I bought it from ProAudioStar. It is listed as an open box item. I have purchased several pedals from them like this and they all looked new when I got them.

Got the MUSE. IMHO, if you have the Super AT Mod, you are not missing anything. I put one of my AT Mods next to it and dialed them in to sound the same. The knobs were close, this is probably tolerance of the pots. I then flipped the drive switch. It didn't have the effect that I thought it was gong to have. It actually thinned out the bottom end a bit and seemed to not have as much punch. It isn't as touch sensitive, which I expected. The difference is pretty subtle to be honest. If you don't have a Super AT Mod and wanted to get one, buy it. The AT sides are the same and sound the same.

I opened it up because I typically peel the serial number stickers off of Keeley pedals and then stick them to the inside of the cover plate. Everything in the pedal is surface mount. There is no ability to run a battery in them. There are two stacked boards in it. The screws were really freaking tight and hard to get out. The pedal size is bigger with the new enclosures. It has top jacks instead of the side jacks on the old enclosures.

I happened to have a Wampler Euphoria on the desk that also more recently purchased. I tried one of these quite a while ago and really disliked it. I had seen the video that Brian made on how to run it and why a lot of people have issues getting the sounds they like out of it. The video made a lot of sense and made me think not knowing how the pedal was designed was probably why I hated it. I didn't know how to run it. I was surprised at how much I really like this pedal now. Since the pedal was right there, why not compare it. Well, this kind of pains me to say since I have 2 Super AT Mod pedals and now the MUSE, I was able to duplicate every sound in both the Keeley pedals with the Euphoria and in many of the cases I liked the Euphoria better....

Back