[Insert Artist’s Name Here]: I just don’t get them.

It’s not the music that bothers me as much as the culture.
I'm like Cartman when it comes to Hippies, be it culture and or their peace and love music

fukn-hippies-eric.gif

:D

I think the concept of jam bands is great but I think the musicians who I think "jam" the "hardest" prefer cohesive, purposeful song writing and structure. So as a whole it's a process that's at odds with how my favorite musicians have created, historically speaking.

Allman Brothers Band: Great jams. Still entertaining, still musically interesting.

Grateful Dead: Probably pretty groovy if you’re on the same drugs that they took on that night.

Same. When I hear anything from them, I immediately think “drunken boomer cookout.”
I don't even have any negative feelings towards them, it's not like I'm allergic to them. I just don't find their music, well, I almost can't even perceive it as music. It's just... some sounds, with some other sounds.

I’ll go first. Eric Clapton. I never cared for him or his material. What am I missing? What specific song or part would you say is Clapton in a nutshell and why?

Ok, some killer blues shredding on “Just Like a Prisoner.” I think I get him now in regards to his solo material. The whole time I was listening to this album (Behind the Sun) I kept thinking, that sounds like Joe Bonamassa or John Mayer. Being familiar with them both, I think I get it now.

Anything else I should be checking out?

Back