[Insert Artist’s Name Here]: I just don’t get them.

Laughs in the greatest punk band that ever existed. Aka the Ramones. Other than that; mostly agreed. Speaking of punk and someone I absolutely LOATHE on every measurable level; the Sex Pistols :poop:

I should agree but I kind of don't :unsure:

I've always loved this one:

I. Don't. Know. Man.

Not sure The Ramones were

a) skilled enough
b) crafty enough
c) pretentious enough :LOL:

to intentionally write a Pop song. If it happened it was accidental.

And I certainly don't hear the Pop Music of their time in their Punk Rock. :idk

Here are the Top 40 songs from 1978. If anyone hears The Ramones in any of this you have better
ears than I do. :LOL:

There is definitely cringe-worthy material here. :facepalm

Screenshot 2023-09-19 at 15-53-40 Top 100 Hits of 1978_Top 100 Songs of 1978 Music Outfitters.png

I. Don't. Know. Man.

Not sure The Ramones were

a) skilled enough
b) crafty enough
c) pretentious enough :LOL:

to intentionally write a Pop song. If it happened it was accidental.

And I certainly don't hear the Pop Music of their time in their Punk Rock. :idk
You know what bubblegum pop is, right? That is the pop influence in the Ramones. I didn't know we were talking pop punk with pop that was exactingly specific to their timeframe vs. a punk band influenced by pop music throughout history.

:idk

Most of the music I listened to in high school was not in the Top 40. We had other radio stations that played the “good” stuff.

Here are the Top 40 songs from 1978.

Which point of 1978? I remember those radio years well since it was always on in work back then. This was the time when I think Payola was at its peak. For 2-3 years it seems a different album would completely dominate the charts before being replaced by a different one almost overnight. I clearly remember each of these having a months long period where at least 2-3 songs off the album were in ridiculously constant rotation.

Fly Like An Eagle
Hotel California
Frampton Comes Alive
Rumors
Saturday Night Fever

Back