Neural DSP Nano Cortex

Can we talk about USB-C power? Like how does a device that requires 9v 600ma DC run on 5v USB supply? Does it consume less power in this mode? Can I run it off of my rechargeable power brick? Lots of jesting, yes. Thank you. 😊
9V at 600mA is 5.4W

Non-PD USB-C can supply up to 3A at 5V, or 15W, which is plenty.

PD USB-C can go much higher:

1727259988320.png

There's also USB PD 3.1 now which can provide up to 240W.

What its weird is the maximum input gain mismatch between the Nano and the Quad. The Nano states +10dBu, while the Quad (I didn´t find the info in its manual, but I heard it from MirrorProfiles, so I completely trust it) is +15 dBu.

That could lead to different behaviour/accuracy of the captures in both devices if the input gain is not compensated internally.

It would be great if someone could confirm those numbers.

What its weird is the maximum input gain mismatch between the Nano and the Quad. The Nano states +10dBu, while the Quad (I didn´t find the info in its manual, but I heard it from MirrorProfiles, so I completely trust it) is +15 dBu.

That could lead to different behaviour/accuracy of the captures in both devices if the input gain is not compensated internally.

It would be great if someone could confirm those numbers.

Quad

1727358734976.png

Well, obviously +60dB is NOT the maximum input gain. It could maybe be the maximum preamp gain (hence it´s in dB, instead of dBu).

Aparta from calling "max input gain" the info of the XLR outputs 1/2.

Not good tech info in the manual. It´s like made by a cheap chinese manufacturer.

And for another 100 you can get a Stomp.
Sometimes i wish that comments like that would be more thoughtful. I get it… but there ain’t no noobs here. I chose ACS1 any day over a stomp because I have reasons that you understand. This ain’t ToP. I mean this all in a friendly way.
Agreed… it’s two completely different products imo

Sometimes i wish that comments like that would be more thoughtful. I get it… but there ain’t no noobs here. I chose ACS1 any day over a stomp because I have reasons that you understand. This ain’t ToP. I mean this all in a friendly way.

I was really only bringing up the Stomp because we were in apples vs. spaceship territory already anyway.

Back