NDSP Quad Cortex

Neural DSP: Where every day brings a new gift.

Christmas Tree GIF
Perhaps this was posted in the wrong thread ?

Attachments

• IMG_1092.gif
    IMG_1092.gif
    670.5 KB · Views: 7
I also have the dual delay to do a really, really close version of the Halo effect. Mix at 63% (I think unity is 70% or something, not 50%), dotted 1/8 on one side and 1/4 on the other, cross feedback at 80%, overall feedback at 40%, high pass 80, low pass 3.5k, mod rate 0.7 and mod depth 60%. The only thing it's missing is diffusion, but it has that swirly stereo delay thing that sounds kind of like a reverb.
Diffusion isn’t how the Halo delay does its thing, just FYI.

And they’re based in Europe (Finland) so no way in hell we see anything over the weekend.
You say that like it's a bad thing!

But it's usually not a great idea to release something on Friday, only to find there's some critical issue that affects a lot of people that didn't turn up in testing. Does the QC support a firmware rollback nowadays?

Edit: anyone who downloaded it: there was a mistake caused by a lastminute chain…the parallel path (row nr2) was active…it shouldn’t have been, corrected in a new uploaded versions

I captured my supersonic 2 preamps, it’s poweramp, 2 drives: the dude & revivaldrive, made a delay that itches what I like from the Halo, and made a set up that outputs only preamp to 3/4 to go into a return af an amp, a feed to desk with cabsim and powersection at the mains.

Delay levels might be strange if you don’t have an expression pedal connected.
Switches should be in hybrid mode
The drives do different things depending on the scene
Scene E engages a loop of use in 4cm, if you have nothing there….silence ;)

Not suitable for chuggachugga, people doing jazz/bluesy stuff might enjoy it.

Last edited:
That’s it,
Diffusion isn’t how the Halo delay does its thing, just FYI.

I’m really tempted to get either a Halo or Dig just to have a good comparison point. I’m really impressed though with the dual delay. Competes well with the helix and fractal.

That’s it,

I’m really tempted to get either a Halo or Dig just to have a good comparison point. I’m really impressed though with the dual delay. Competes well with the helix and fractal.

The Dual Delay on the QC I thought was really good too. Arguably the best delay on the unit imo.

Quick and dirty sound test of the Dual Delay and Mind Hall reverb. Set up this patch in about two minutes, it's two of the Worship Tutorials free AC30 captures from the cloud in stereo, then running the Jewel comp into the Dual Delay and Mind Hall. Using an expression pedal to adjust the decay time kind of like a piano sustain pedal.

You say that like it's a bad thing!

But it's usually not a great idea to release something on Friday, only to find there's some critical issue that affects a lot of people that didn't turn up in testing. Does the QC support a firmware rollback nowadays?
Didn’t mean it in a bad way. Sorry you took it that way. Just realistic. Was hoping it would come out before end of June.

Quick and dirty sound test of the Dual Delay and Mind Hall reverb. Set up this patch in about two minutes, it's two of the Worship Tutorials free AC30 captures from the cloud in stereo, then running the Jewel comp into the Dual Delay and Mind Hall. Using an expression pedal to adjust the decay time kind of like a piano sustain pedal.

that sounds amazing

Tried the QC head to head vs. Tonocracy (mainly NAM captures). Comparing NAM vs. a capture of NAM (so not real amp), QC sounds a bit more bloated on the low end and brittle on the high end even after EQ, but close enough for rock n’ roll. NAM, though felt and sounded better all around. Both through same IR.

Then, I tried a few QC amp models and amp captures against similar NAM captures, and even though not apples to apples, the extra detail and better feel of NAM (and Tonocracy) was evident.

Just data. No judgement here lol. YMMV and of course QC offers much more.

Jewel Compressor is gorgeous in its own right.

Decided to capture my IRX again this time bypassing the power amp and cab sim and it sounds much better. Identical to the reference pedal.

Found when I was messing with the ToneX that I liked the tone of the IRX a lot as a clean pedal platform.

Also used the stock Bluesbreaker to dial in my Jackson Golden Boy Mini. Always found that pedal harsh. Took off the back and went back and forth compared to the BB drive model and tweaked the presence and tone trim pots until it was extremely close.

The I’ll set off and capture some of my existing pedals which I’ve been too lazy to do. Got the MXR sugar drive, CMB OD, Dynamic OD, 5150, Friedman Smallbox, and the Golden Boy BB style.

Maybe I’ll do some more clips later on.

Decided to capture my IRX again this time bypassing the power amp and cab sim and it sounds much better. Identical to the reference pedal.

Found when I was messing with the ToneX that I liked the tone of the IRX a lot as a clean pedal platform.

Also used the stock Bluesbreaker to dial in my Jackson Golden Boy Mini. Always found that pedal harsh. Took off the back and went back and forth compared to the BB drive model and tweaked the presence and tone trim pots until it was extremely close.

The I’ll set off and capture some of my existing pedals which I’ve been too lazy to do. Got the MXR sugar drive, CMB OD, Dynamic OD, 5150, Friedman Smallbox, and the Golden Boy BB style.

Maybe I’ll do some more clips later on.
You might end up in a simular set up as I run ;) ..only preamps (into cabs)…and the powersection included only in the path to foh/desk

You might end up in a simular set up as I run ;) ..only preamps (into cabs)…and the powersection included only in the path to foh/desk

I really like the power amp and cab I have going as that takes out 90% of fiddling running to studio monitors. I’m strongly thinking about getting a stereo amp and a second cab at some point…

I really like the power amp and cab I have going as that takes out 90% of fiddling running to studio monitors. I’m strongly thinking about getting a stereo amp and a second cab at some point…
….or a combo with an efx loop…assuming you got one side already covered..

….or a combo with an efx loop…assuming you got one side already covered..

That's what I'm coming from, but I wanted a better cab. Upgraded from Katana Artist to an Orange 1x12 cab. Got a Rocker 15 tube amp and a Blackstar Amped 1 solid state, and I really prefer the latter over the actual tube amp to be honest. The cab sounds great. I can find those 1x12 cabs all day long for $300-350 mint. Just need a stereo amp (or I guess another Blackstar...)

That's what I'm coming from, but I wanted a better cab. Upgraded from Katana Artist to an Orange 1x12 cab. Got a Rocker 15 tube amp and a Blackstar Amped 1 solid state, and I really prefer the latter over the actual tube amp to be honest. The cab sounds great. I can find those 1x12 cabs all day long for $300-350 mint. Just need a stereo amp (or I guess another Blackstar...)
Have you tried the Fender FR12 or FR10 by any chance? Wanted to get an idea on how they stack up with IRs vs traditional amp and cab

Last edited:
Tried the QC head to head vs. Tonocracy (mainly NAM captures). Comparing NAM vs. a capture of NAM (so not real amp), QC sounds a bit more bloated on the low end and brittle on the high end even after EQ, but close enough for rock n’ roll. NAM, though felt and sounded better all around. Both through same IR.

Then, I tried a few QC amp models and amp captures against similar NAM captures, and even though not apples to apples, the extra detail and better feel of NAM (and Tonocracy) was evident.

Just data. No judgement here lol. YMMV and of course QC offers much more.
Hmmm interesting

Back