NDSP Quad Cortex

HOLY CRAP

Try this with your QC, especially in stereo.

Add the "Mind Hall" reverb. Crank the decay up to 100% or super close. Huge difference between 95 and 100%. Crank the damping way up to like 90%. Mix around 30%.

Then play some minor melodic stuff. It's insane.

HOLY CRAP

Try this with your QC, especially in stereo.

Add the "Mind Hall" reverb. Crank the decay up to 100% or super close. Huge difference between 95 and 100%. Crank the damping way up to like 90%. Mix around 30%.

Then play some minor melodic stuff. It's insane.

Is the decay not infinite when you do that?

EDIT: Ah! The dampening stops it doing that!

Last edited:
I can't help but wonder if the reason, behind the scenes, they aren't releasing this week is because they are still filming and editing the accompanying video. Lol.
Who knows? They ought to at least give people a heads-up etc. Some stuff the mods posted on the Discord seem to hint it might hit today but it depends how much you read into this sort of stuff.

Anyway, regardless if it drops today or 2 weeks for now, can't wait for that sidechain noise gate to make its way into the QC.

What will this do?
You can put the noise gate block in between the Amp block and the Cab but you can configure it to reference your dry input signal as it's coming into IN1 or IN2 (basically unaltered, clean signal) to trigger the gate on/off.

That's how the Zuul works (and similar noise gates that go in the effects loops of amps like the Rev G8, Lichtlaerm Key & Gate, ISP Decimator etc.) and I think it renders the best & cleanest gating results.

You can put the noise gate block in between the Amp block and the Cab but you can configure it to reference your dry input signal as it's coming into IN1 or IN2 (basically unaltered, clean signal) to trigger the gate on/off.

That's how the Zuul works (and similar noise gates that go in the effects loops of amps like the Rev G8, Lichtlaerm Key & Gate, ISP Decimator etc.) and I think it renders the best & cleanest gating results.

I was trying to figure out why there was a side chain to the gate on the Rabea demo but I think I understand now. I thought the clean from the gate was being sent to the doubler, which is placed after the amps and cab. But I get it now. DI is just triggering the gate for the doubler when the doubler is active.

Is the decay not infinite when you do that?

EDIT: Ah! The dampening stops it doing that!

Decay is either infinite or super close to it at 100%. If you back it down to 97% or so then it's like a 10-15 second decay, in between. So you can get these super long ambient reverbs that sound killer.

I also have the dual delay to do a really, really close version of the Halo effect. Mix at 63% (I think unity is 70% or something, not 50%), dotted 1/8 on one side and 1/4 on the other, cross feedback at 80%, overall feedback at 40%, high pass 80, low pass 3.5k, mod rate 0.7 and mod depth 60%. The only thing it's missing is diffusion, but it has that swirly stereo delay thing that sounds kind of like a reverb.

So updated wishlist items:

I think the analog delay is probably fine for what it is, although having a dual analog option would be killer.

Adding diffusion to the dual digital delay would be killer too.

Would love to see the tape delay adding the "width" feature from the analog delay, and against stereo would be awesome.

And then having a multi head tape echo model added, like a Space Echo. Especially if they can add in some stereo width to the delays.

So updated wishlist items:

I think the analog delay is probably fine for what it is, although having a dual analog option would be killer.

Adding diffusion to the dual digital delay would be killer too.

Would love to see the tape delay adding the "width" feature from the analog delay, and against stereo would be awesome.

And then having a multi head tape echo model added, like a Space Echo. Especially if they can add in some stereo width to the delays.
Question on the wah can you adjust the range like you can on fractal
So if you wanted to copy the setting for a Cantrell wah can you adjust the sweep say
374hz to 1740
If not that would be my big ticket wish list item a Wah engine that you can adjust
Sweep , inductors , drive / boost

So if you wanted to copy the setting for a Cantrell wah can you adjust the sweep say
374hz to 1740
If not that would be my big ticket wish list item a Wah engine that you can adjust

Looks like no, just a volume control.

374hz to 1740
You can adjust the range of the pedal's sweep, of course. But not the frequency range of the filtering. Wah selection and options are very limited compared with Line 6 and FAS.

You can adjust the range of the pedal's sweep, of course. But not the frequency range of the filtering. Wah selection and options are very limited compared with Line 6 and FAS.
Yes , I worded that wrong but you got it , I want to be able to set the Freq range
So that I can plug in the values and do something like a Slash or a Hammett wah

Who knows? They ought to at least give people a heads-up etc. Some stuff the mods posted on the Discord seem to hint it might hit today but it depends how much you read into this sort of stuff. […]

Too Late Reaction GIF by UbisoftGSA

Well shockingly I think we can say that they have missed their deadline asQ3 begins Monday
Hopefully it not to long a wait for QC owners
I don’t see anything on the Socials, so maybe next week we will get an update

Well shockingly I think we can say that they have missed their deadline asQ3 begins Monday
3.1.0 ahead of schedule!!

Last edited:
And they’re based in Europe (Finland) so no way in hell we see anything over the weekend.

Back