NDSP Quad Cortex

It's not looking good for v3.0 dropping before the end of the fiscal quarter...
since Q3 starts Monday , yep probably another week or 2 . Oh well you would rather they get it perfect . maybe they will surprise some folks and have the compatibility for SLO and Nameless X in v 3.0

since Q3 starts Monday , yep probably another week or 2 . Oh well you would rather they get it perfect . maybe they will surprise some folks and have the compatibility for SLO and Nameless X in v 3.0
Agreed. I'm certainly not in any hurry. It just seems odd when they set a date, miss it, and go quiet for the duration. A little internet chatter with more specific updates would be reassuring. Maybe that's happening somewhere else and I'm missing it? (I am not going to the Discord site LOL.)

Just for reference, this is their image:

iu-27.jpeg

:D

CEO & CTO

Jim Carrey Friends GIF

CMO

confused swag GIF

None whatsoever. Let's hope that's all we're dealing with. :unsure:

Yeah, Neural is certainly capable of dropping a dev update bringing a bunch of great news like “3.0 isn’t delayed, 3.1 is ahead of schedule!“ :ROFLMAO:

But who in their right mind is putting any stock in any timelines Neural gives for anything at this point?

As long as they don’t screw the pooch with the update, whether it drops this week or next to me is fairly trivial. It appears close, and they just need to get it right.

Last edited:
Yeah, Neural is certainly capable of dropping a dev update bringing a bunch of great news like the “3.0 isn’t delayed, rather 3.1 is ahead of schedule!“ :ROFLMAO:

But who in their right mind is putting any stock in any timelines Neural gives for anything at this point?

As long as they don’t screw the pooch with the update, whether it drops this week or next to me is fairly trivial. It’s appears close, and they just need to get it right.
You'd think they would have learned by now to NOT overpromise... even on a firmware date. Today's not over and we have tomorrow, but it's not looking good.

What I don't get is that they were clearly confident enough to show it at those Japan clinics with Rabea, and those were back in May.

Yeah, Neural is certainly capable of dropping a dev update bringing a bunch of great news like the “3.0 isn’t delayed, 3.1 is ahead of schedule!“ :ROFLMAO:

As long as they don’t screw the pooch with the update, whether it drops this week or next to me is fairly trivial. It appears close, and they just need to get it right.

Yeah, maybe it's easy to be zen as a current non-owner, but that's where I'm at too. Is missing a deadline going to surprise or infuriate anyone at this point? Like, this is going to be the proverbial straw?!?!

It's in beta. It'll leave beta soon. When it drops....ummm.....congrats on having Plini reverbs/delays available?

Here's what NDSP wrote a month ago:

We are extremely pleased to announce that after a successful internal beta, CorOS 3.0.0 has moved to closed beta with our extended beta testing team. This is the last phase before release.

We are hoping to still be on track to release by the end of the month, but beta testing can take an unpredictable amount of time, and we will not release the update until it is working perfectly. A lot of core functionality has changed in this update, so everything needs to be tested extremely thoroughly.

Nevertheless, CorOS 3.0.0 is running very well, and we are very excited to share it with you.

Thank you for your patience.

Here's what NDSP wrote a month ago:

We are extremely pleased to announce that after a successful internal beta, CorOS 3.0.0 has moved to closed beta with our extended beta testing team. This is the last phase before release.

We are hoping to still be on track to release by the end of the month, but beta testing can take an unpredictable amount of time, and we will not release the update until it is working perfectly. A lot of core functionality has changed in this update, so everything needs to be tested extremely thoroughly.

Nevertheless, CorOS 3.0.0 is running very well, and we are very excited to share it with you.

Thank you for your patience.
That definitely makes it seem like a soft deadline so I take back what I said. If you read between the lines it almost says it more than likely will not be Q2 but hopefully shortly after

None but if I was trying to turn public image about SOON and missing deadlines around, I wouldn't really really not want to be late, even just a couple days.
You'd think they would have learned by now to NOT overpromise... even on a firmware date. Today's not over and we have tomorrow, but it's not looking good.

I don’t know that Neural has an image problem. They are probably selling the shit out of QC’s. They have an early-adopter-online-gear-forums-discord-dweller reputation problem, but I doubt that represents more than 2% of their base at this point. We probably vastly overestimate how much they or their consumer base give a shit about our perception of their public perception.

I decided to build a preset last night that would run stereo effects into dual clean-ish amps.

Started out on the Axe 3 and dropping in a pair of amps and cabs in stereo, it sounded okay but not great. Was fighting some low end mud and some just generally weird tone. Not sure why, but I had liked these amps and cabs before without issues. Tried the Matchless Chieftain and DC30, then Vox AC30, Fender Deluxe, and JCM 800. Running effects into them it sounded really muddy and just off.

Flipped over to the QC to try the same thing. I dropped in the dual amps and stock cabs. Sounded thin so I flipped the phase on one side. Immediately sounded awesome and huge. I didn't touch any of the amp or cab settings, just sounded like what I wanted. Put a big modulated reverb and dual delay in front, and it sounded awesome. Didn't have to mess around at all.

Just wanted to throw that out there as an actual using the devices experience.

For the record I don't love or hate either company. I've thought about at times selling the QC and other times selling the Fractal. So I will sometimes swap them out to see if there's an obvious reason to sell one or the other.

What I don't get is that they were clearly confident enough to show it at those Japan clinics with Rabea, and those were back in May.

It's kind of wild they did a YouTube demo of new features using an internal beta. I haven't heard of any other companies doing that before. Line 6 for instance had NDC's in place for their closed betas, and that's even downstream of internal.

Reactions: LCW
I don’t know that Neural has an image problem. They are probably selling the shit out of QC’s. They have an early-adopter-online-gear-forums-discord-dweller reputation problem, but I doubt that represents more than 2% of their base at this point. We probably vastly overestimate how much they or their consumer base give a shit about our perception of their public perception.
My perception, after two three(!) years of ownership has been and remains: the QC is the coolest option on the market.

I apologize dudes, I’m in a semi-shit mood and need another cup of coffee. :ROFLMAO:

:beer
You're fine. I don't think you've said anything unreasonable.

Last edited:
Yeah, maybe it's easy to be zen as a current non-owner, but that's where I'm at too. Is missing a deadline going to surprise or infuriate anyone at this point? Like, this is going to be the proverbial straw?!?!

It's in beta. It'll leave beta soon. When it drops....ummm.....congrats on having Plini reverbs/delays available?

I’m gonna Venmo @mbenigni $5 to go towards the Plini plug so he has a reason to give a damn about the update at all. :ROFLMAO:

I’m with you though. It’s easy to be chill when you have no stake in the game. Until they get all my plugs ported and show some consistency on the native content front (which will be the final stress test for interest) the feeling I have watching this from afar…

Julie Andrews Spinning GIF by The Rodgers & Hammerstein Organization

Last edited:
Back