NDSP Quad Cortex

They should just put their time and effort in making the box what it was promised to be years ago on release. Add a ton more amps and effects.Foget a smaller one thats $500 less as that one will likely be not as promised as well.
You missed the advantages of a smaller unit though
A) they have already added a ton of content since I had one
B) I am not waiting for a desktop editor
C) it will probably ship w plug in compatibility
D) there is a wealth of captures out that there was not 3 years ago
E) they may use a different power supply

You missed the advantages of a smaller unit though
A) they have already added a ton of content since I had one
B) I am not waiting for a desktop editor
C) it will probably ship w plug in compatibility
D) there is a wealth of captures out that there was not 3 years ago
E) they may use a different power supply
Regarding B, the desktop editor was released month's ago. Supposedly it's very good? (I tested it for 2 minutes and haven't used it since. Editing on the QC is way more fun than editing on a PC.)

Regarding item E, nope.

[…] A) they have already added a ton of content since I had one […]
A ton?

Rock N Roll Wtf GIF by Zakk Wylde

If you counted the factory captures added since then, yes. That's objectively a lot. Truthfully, the amp/cabs/effects - to be fair, most were supposed to be in the unit at launch - were also provided somewhat regularly until they started plugin work in earnest a year or so ago.

I bought my QC too soon, apparently. Why this is relevant is anyone’s guess…
You were in the same group I was. We bought based on a different promise.
Now they want to sell more and are using a different promise….well, actually sort of the same promise…that plugins will be included.

Fool me once and I’ll just sell my QC while there are still hopeful people out there.
Fool me twice…..naaa, not gonna happen. It is a great design and concept though.

You were in the same group I was. We bought based on a different promise.
Now they want to sell more and are using a different promise….well, actually sort of the same promise…that plugins will be included.

Fool me once and I’ll just sell my QC while there are still hopeful people out there.
Fool me twice…..naaa, not gonna happen. It is a great design and concept though.
I get where you're coming from, but this isn't what I was questioning at all. I bought mine knowing full well what was and wasn't going to be delivered, so I never felt fooled as such. It's actually one of very few purchases I've ever made with zero buyer's remorse.

I just can't imagine any reason why NDSP would limit some "surprise" promotion to customers who purchased within a specific date range. Are they worried they'll reward someone who's been a loyal customer too long? I mean, no biggie, just weird is all.

Back