NDSP Quad Cortex

They are using the lexicon trademark in their communication…what does that mean?
If that means they use their expertise…and if they will also do that for verbs….im gonna dance the hoelahoep on the table ;)

They are using the lexicon trademark in their communication…what does that mean?
If that means they use their expertise…and if they will also do that for verbs….im gonna dance the hoelahoep on the table ;)
It’s the PCM 70 circular delay I think they are referring too
But lexicon reverbs would certainly be a welcome addition as well

It’s the PCM 70 circular delay I think they are referring too
But lexicon reverbs would certainly be a welcome addition as well
I know…but was use of their actual trademark mean…they are not explicit about Marshall/fender amps…they are with lexicon…
No way they use trademark without some underlying agreement with lexicon.

I know…but was use of their actual trademark mean…they are not explicit about Marshall/fender amps…they are with lexicon…
No way they use trademark without some underlying agreement with lexicon.
Screenshot_20240604-175712.jpg

Nah. It's the same with amps, except that the circular delay is inspired by

We’ll get another anime short at the very least.

As unoriginal as that was, it blows my mind that they spent creative resources and money on an animated video that promotes.....nothing. All that just for brand awareness, but they're already a pretty well-defined brand.

As unoriginal as that was, it blows my mind that they spent creative resources and money on an animated video that promotes.....nothing. All that just for brand awareness, but they're already a pretty well-defined brand.
I just want the mini and hope it has the same stuff
Although even amps and cab block / captures would be pretty damn cool
Sans Effects

I just want the mini and hope it has the same stuff
Although even amps and cab block / captures would be pretty damn cool
Sans Effects

My hope for a mini would be basically the same device, but just chopping off the bottom row of footswitches. Same screen, same power, same IO, but even smaller. Would almost be the perfect desktop modeler imo. It might not cut the price down enough though to get in that $1k range. All a matter of compromise I suppose though.

My hope for a mini would be basically the same device, but just chopping off the bottom row of footswitches. Same screen, same power, same IO, but even smaller. Would almost be the perfect desktop modeler imo. It might not cut the price down enough though to get in that $1k range. All a matter of compromise I suppose though.
I think 100% they have one here’s a Reddit post , so much for NDA

just got back from NAMM and I can assure you that there is something very freaking cool coming shortly... we all had to sign a nondisclosure before they let us look but I can tell you that it is amazing and small...

On the one hand, yes - the top row of footswitches is almost too difficult to use (as footswitches) anyway.

On the other hand... I wouldn't want to give up the top row of encoders, and the screen really wouldn't be the "same" without them. The hybrid encoder/switches feel really good as encoders in their own right, so if you replace them with something else, you're giving up 5 switches for... almost nothing. Even sitting on a desk, they lend a bit of utility value.

The problem with designing a "mini" is that the existing model is already so small, and damn near perfect as is. Everything will come down to finding ways to cut costs (i.e. less DSP power.)

Sans Effects
I get that the QC effects suite is relatively lackluster, but no effects means building a board with outboard FX, programming presets across multiple units, programming MIDI to keep everything in sync... IMO it all starts to defeat the purpose of going modeler/MFX in the first place. Almost easier to just dive in and learn Fractal inside and out. (I said "almost" LOL.)

OK, let the games begin. ;) For me personally, "Unified add/change device screens" is huge. (Why were these ever different to begin with?)

For a lot of people, "Multiple MIDI Messages per footswitch/expression" will be crucial. (I don't use enough outboard gear to be affected, but I totally get it.) It's still not clear whether those messages have an "awareness" as to whether the switch was pressed as a Scene vs. Stomp event, though.
Side chaining is going to be sweet. I've been wanting that for a while now.

I have Plini and Gojira, so this update should have a lot of content for me to kick around, too.

And folders for captures? Another big QoL wish for me.

I'll definitely get use from the MIDI update also... Pretty stoked for 3 actually.

On the one hand, yes - the top row of footswitches is almost too difficult to use (as footswitches) anyway.

On the other hand... I wouldn't want to give up the top row of encoders, and the screen really wouldn't be the "same" without them. The hybrid encoder/switches feel really good as encoders in their own right, so if you replace them with something else, you're giving up 5 switches for... almost nothing. Even sitting on a desk, they lend a bit of utility value.

The problem with designing a "mini" is that the existing model is already so small, and damn near perfect as is. Everything will come down to finding ways to cut costs (i.e. less DSP power.)
I have posted this mock up before that Doug loved on the QC forum and I think for me this is their best and most familiar option that retains
Most of the the GUI
You get a slightly smaller screen , so maybe you can’t view the path and the block controls simultaneously no biggie
You still have the switch combo to do preset / scene / stomp
Maybe no Hybrid mode
No ability to make captures but you can load them
Bank up / down switches
A 4 presets / 4 scene / 4 stomp.
Would it appeal to everyone probably not , but I think it would be a nice contender
IMG_0996.jpeg

I have posted this mock up before that Doug loved on the QC forum and I think for me this is their best and most familiar option that retains
Most of the the GUI
You get a slightly smaller screen , so maybe you can’t view the path and the block controls simultaneously no biggie
You still have the switch combo to do preset / scene / stomp
Maybe no Hybrid mode
No ability to make captures but you can load them
Bank up / down switches
A 4 presets / 4 scene / 4 stomp.
Would it appeal to everyone probably not , but I think it would be a nice contender
View attachment 23666
Inb4 another stolen product design 🤣🤣

Back