NDSP Quad Cortex

The other thing I don't know if they have yet ( they did not when I owned one ). is a momentary mode on the switches
so if you are doing something like "Unchained " you can quickly just step on/off the flanger or if you wanted to add a harmony quickly to a lead run step on/off pitch

Note that you can also map expression pedals to the level settings in the Input and Output blocks, if you want to skip the Volume block and save room on the grid. (The volume block has the Log/Linear switch, though, which is really handy.)

Y'know I was just now wondering if I could do a killswitch on the QC. I'm gonna check when I'm home if you can assign a pedal to the mute button on the output.

Y'know I was just now wondering if I could do a killswitch on the QC. I'm gonna check when I'm home if you can assign a pedal to the mute button on the output.
Yes you can! You can map to the SOLO button, too. And both of these can be set to be Scene-dependent with the same familiar (press and hold) UI. It's extremely useful stuff.

Last night I rediscovered the global cab sim bypass settings. Not unique to QC, but the presentation here is great.

It's been a real eye-opener having a factory reset QC in the room. I'm checking out all kinds of content I'd forgotten about. The preamp + power amp presets have some incredible captures in them.

@Warmart - QC's are on back order at Sweetwater (supposed to get more in Oct 7) and the demos are gone within 48 hours !!

Can't speak for the Nano. To me, that's not a stand alone. It's merely a pedal board add-on or a desktop accessory.....
not that it's a bad thing.
I'm good, got mine!

Had an "off night" last night where everything sounded like wet ass (where have I heard that before?:unsure:) but today at lunch I added over 20 presets from the "clohed" and damn if all but one weren't smoking! My 1st foray in downloading presets was 50/50, so I'm rather happy!

I have 4 banks of usable flavors already, and only one of them is a preset I made!

So easy to work with, what a change!

I'm good, got mine!

Had an "off night" last night where everything sounded like wet ass (where have I heard that before?:unsure:) but today at lunch I added over 20 presets from the "clohed" and damn if all but one weren't smoking! My 1st foray in downloading presets was 50/50, so I'm rather happy!

I have 4 banks of usable flavors already, and only one of them is a preset I made!

So easy to work with, what a change!
I think people really underestimate the fun factor of the QC , yes there are some this is silly moments but you just outlined the coolest part download 10 tones in like 20 seconds
Same w captures every amp under the sun is available and with so many captures available you can usually find a few great sounding ones

I think people really underestimate the fun factor of the QC , yes there are some this is silly moments but you just outlined the coolest part download 10 tones in like 20 seconds
Same w captures every amp under the sun is available and with so many captures available you can usually find a few great sounding ones
And some of them are (and yes, it's "early" with them) - are GODLY :eek: (or Devily:satan, if you prefer) tones!!! I mean the kind where your ass puckers immediately and you get a big old grin on your face, and suddenly, you can play without fucking up and you're not even trying.

Back