NDSP Quad Cortex

Also heavily leaning towards selling the QC again. I put the QC on a board with a volume pedal and my wireless and set it up with my amp and then...I dunno it just feels so redundant with the Fractal which has way more power. I'm not gigging or anything, so it probably makes more sense to have an analog pedalboard with the tube amp, and then the modeler for direct to computer/monitors.

So don't give them any grace. Don't worry about whatever bullshit the marketing team decides to put out. Just worry about what the hardware does, or does not do, today.

Then again this forum has NINETY FOUR pages dedicated to a one-off line that Cliff typed in a response somewhere. If we aren't beating things to death, we're just well on the way towards it.
Not sure why you are getting so heated

🫠

Not sure why you are getting so heated

🫠

I don't think you have to be heated to totally disagree on this.
Folks have been going back and forth on the QC and Neural for the past 42 months.

42 months, huh? You have to wonder why they haven't replaced that damn power supply by now.
If they'd only ignore their own user base market research and pay more attention to forums
heavily populated by one of their competitors biased customers.....

:rofl

Can we talk about a brand introducing a new product with a major advertised feature flat out MISSING,
and with zero advance notice or explanations why? That's one of the blacker new product eyes in quite a while.
A headphone out is a major feature?

I think we can more equate your entire statement to the QC. It's been 3 plus years and it's still missing features.

We can create a list of QC missteps. I honestly challenge you to do the same with fractal. This isn't me fanboiing fractal. Just truly don't get the comparison. NDSP even went as far as collecting preorder money on essentially a false advertised unit with the promise of features coming "soon"

A headphone out is a major feature?

I think we can more equate your entire statement to the QC. It's been 3 plus years and it's still missing features.

We can create a list of QC missteps. I honestly challenge you to do the same with fractal. This isn't me fanboiing fractal. Just truly don't get the comparison. NDSP even went as far as collecting preorder money on essentially a false advertised unit with the promise of features coming "soon"
I will give anyone that Yes, the headphone was a major Fiasco , so was the missing shipments , the whole role out was not their finest moments
but that was one incident

Thats said I like some of NDSP models , like Mikah I actually owned one and liked it enough to consider purchasing a stomp version if and when that comes out .

I also think the new guy they have in marketing is a massive improvement .

but I tend to agree with you as far as if we look at what Fractal failed to deliver vs what Neural failed to deliver its a very different discussion

**sorry mongillio did not mean to quote you , @Achilles

I just encountered my first ever failure with my QC. Screen suddenly displayed a "Quad Cortex encountered an error - Will reboot in 4-5 seconds" message. Which it did. I'm hoping this is specific to one of the blocks I'm using (lots of weird dirt pedal captures in series), and not the start of a new trend. :O

EDIT: OK, the computer it's connected to is acting pretty wack as well. Maybe there's a... um... connection.

Last edited:
I just encountered my first ever failure with my QC. Screen suddenly displayed a "Quad Cortex encountered an error - Will reboot in 4-5 seconds" message. Which it did. I'm hoping this is specific to one of the blocks I'm using (lots of weird dirt pedal captures in series), and not the start of a new trend. :O

EDIT: OK, the computer it's connected to is acting pretty wack as well. Maybe there's a... um... connection.

Man, if anyone has earned a stress and pain-free QC experience..... it's you. Hope it's nothing but a one-off.

I remember being pleasantly surprised at how many QC noise and bug bullets I dodged during my time owning it.

OBVIOUSLY DOUG INFECTED YOUR PC WITH CORTEXOSIS

Also heavily leaning towards selling the QC again. I put the QC on a board with a volume pedal and my wireless and set it up with my amp and then...I dunno it just feels so redundant with the Fractal which has way more power. I'm not gigging or anything, so it probably makes more sense to have an analog pedalboard with the tube amp, and then the modeler for direct to computer/monitors.
The QC and Fractal are pretty redundant imo. Pick whichever works best for you and go with it.

Or this.

I mean yeah, it's another $200+ on top of the $1700. But if you want to fix the problem, there it is.
Is this the one you referenced a few months back?

1. Power supply: I can't say who it is, but it is NOT Line 6. (unless Line 6 is also coming out with their own power supply). It's a company that already has a number of existing pedalboard power supplies, and they're reputable.

Interested Saturday Night Live GIF by HULU

(Getting eBay ad ready…)

OBVIOUSLY DOUG INFECTED YOUR PC WITH CORTEXOSIS
I know you're only joking, but I want to clarify anyway: I'm guessing my rickety old PC with SSD at 95% capacity and a dodgy internet connection tripped up the QC - not the other way around. But who knows? :idk

I probably should have kept this little "incident" to myself LOL.

The Gear Forum - some time in the not to distant future.......

- "You guys remember that user mbenigni and the time his QC burned his house down?"
- "Ya, the QC not only sucks it's literally dangerous to your well being!"
- "Burned his house down? Man, I was on the fence but now I'll never buy one!"
- "Bet it was the power supply. Been telling you guys for years that thing would burn someone's house down!"

Last edited:
The Gear Forum - some time in the not to distant future.......

- "You guys remember that user mbenigni and the time his QC burned his house down?"
- "Ya, the QC not only sucks it's literally dangerous to your well being!"
- "Burned his house down? Man, I was on the fence but now I'll never buy one!"
- "Bet it was the power supply. Been telling you guys for years that thing would burn someone's house down."
IMG_1150.jpeg

Back