NDSP Quad Cortex

Closest I got to dual detune is using the chorus engine, being the rate way down, and increasing the delay time. A big part of that sounds to me is the pre delay which makes it sound huge. But an even tide micropitch would be 🧑‍🍳💋

@mbenigni QC DIY dual detune courtesy of LT \m/

Timestamp is dumb but just forward to the appropriate section.

That's somewhat similar to what I built. I have some unity gain blocks at the end to pan the rows. I'm not sure if Leon is doing that in the little mixer dot/connector thingy (probably).

IMG_6109.jpeg

Closest I got to dual detune is using the chorus engine, being the rate way down, and increasing the delay time. A big part of that sounds to me is the pre delay which makes it sound huge. But an even tide micropitch would be 🧑‍🍳💋
again that should be a pretty low hanging fruit , if they already have the pitch shift and mini voicer , being able to duplicate eventide the pedal micro pitch shouldn't be that difficult

That's somewhat similar to what I built. I have some unity gain blocks at the end to pan the rows. I'm not sure if Leon is doing that in the little mixer dot/connector thingy (probably).

View attachment 27418
Both of these templates use three lanes. Can’t you do it with two, by just putting one detune inline, and the other on a parallel path on the same DSP? Pretty sure the mix block has pan controls (in at least one of its modes), if the detunes don’t.

Both of these templates use three lanes. Can’t you do it with two, by just putting one detune inline, and the other on a parallel path on the same DSP? Pretty sure the mix block has pan controls (in at least one of its modes), if the detunes don’t.
Mine is WDW with a dry path to the center speaker. The left speaker gets a mix of dry signal, detune (-11 cents), and delay (398ms) all in parallel. The right speaker gets dry, +11, and 798ms all in parallel.

The detunes don't have panning in the block (this is one of my feedback items...give me a dual detune block so I can have both sides of it on a single path). The mix does have panning but the utility gain blocks just make it a little bit more visually obvious what's going on.

Wait, I just realized I probably don't even need to bother with panning for the detunes since output 3 and 4 are literally separate speakers lol.

Did he just say the QC has "fantastic" reverbs and delays whereas the Helix just "gets the job done"? That's going to raise some eyebrows...

He makes some good points about workflow. Basically boils down to: scribble strips + main screen > main screen only.

Wow, the audio quality in this video is terrible.

Last edited:

There you have it, Tim. Add to Cart!

More on the IEC vs. DC barrel jack connector (aka Wallwartgate):

He's right about its being too easy to accidentally break that connection. But I have to chuckle at "professional IEC cable". It's not "professional", it's just standardized AC. Even my TV has one. He makes a big fuss about how he's going to buy a third party power supply... which is also going to connect to the QC via a standardized barrel jack DC connector. :facepalm

Did he just say the QC has "fantastic" reverbs and delays whereas the Helix just "gets the job done"? That's going to raise some eyebrows...

He makes some good points about workflow. Basically boils down to: scribble strips + main screen > main screen only.

Wow, the audio quality in this video is terrible.

I skipped into it and the first thing he says is “And the QC has 4 cores, you’re never going to run out of DSP….”

beck bennett snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Has anyone ever actually broke the connection of their adapter? Or tested its strength?

I often wonder how flimsy it actually is. I'm not willing to test on mine though.

Has anyone ever actually broke the connection of their adapter? Or tested its strength?

I often wonder how flimsy it actually is. I'm not willing to test on mine though.
All the time, when I'm fumbling around with other connections on the back of the QC. It's nothing to be afraid of testing; it just power cycles the QC, as you'd expect. NOT something you'd want to have happen unexpectedly at a gig, of course. (As such: I wouldn't fumble around with other connections on the back of the QC at a gig.) It would have been a good idea to strengthen the spring and/or add a clip as you see on similar Roland, etc. connectors.

If I had a really important gig, I might add a strip of "professional" electrical tape. ;)

Last edited:

I’d guess that most people will have their QCs mounted to pedal boards, so the barrel connectors should be a non-issue.

All the time, when I'm fumbling around with other connections on the back of the QC. It's nothing to be afraid of testing; it just power cycles the QC, as you'd expect. NOT something you'd want to have happen unexpectedly at a gig, of course. (As such: I wouldn't fumble around with other connections on the back of the QC at a gig.) It would have been a good idea to strengthen the spring and/or add a clip as you see on similar Roland, etc. connectors.

If I had a really important gig, I might add a strip of "professional" electrical tape. ;)
Never had a problem with it, 3 years
Now my other 2 friends that play live with the QC....

Happy Tonight Show GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Back