NDSP Quad Cortex

I haven't seen these crop circle pickups. Show me.

I'm working on my next pickups for my seven string KM-7. Might pick a different game this time. Helldivers 2 or Nine Sols seem likely.
Ibanez RG BKP Silo Crop Circles.jpg

They look familiar. Did I see them on their Insta?
Maybe? I've posted them here a couple of times. Actually ordered from a guy in Switzerland, they were unused and he'd planned to put them in something that never happened.

They are definitely a huge improvement, but this guitar is a lemon, imho. I'm prob going to yank them out and put in my PRS CU24. Then, take the DiMarzio Pandemoniums from the CU24 and put in my Ibanez S. Then put the ToneZone/Air Norton from the S into the RG - and then trade the dead sounding bastard in. Sounds like a lot of pain lol.

Three sets of pickups in a guitar is the end for me. It's decent now, at least, but still underwhelming and I'm definitely not placing any of the blame on the BKP Silos.

Maybe? I've posted them here a couple of times. Actually ordered from a guy in Switzerland, they were unused and he'd planned to put them in something that never happened.

They are definitely a huge improvement, but this guitar is a lemon, imho. I'm prob going to yank them out and put in my PRS CU24. Then, take the DiMarzio Pandemoniums from the CU24 and put in my Ibanez S. Then put the ToneZone/Air Norton from the S into the RG - and then trade the dead sounding bastard in. Sounds like a lot of pain lol.

Three sets of pickups in a guitar is the end for me. It's decent now, at least, but still underwhelming and I'm definitely not placing any of the blame on the BKP Silos.

That’s the way to do it. I’ve put the same set of pickups in different guitars with wildly different results. If you swap a few times and it’s not great, move it along. It’s a dud.

Just had a Zoom call with a guy from NDSP. Officially they call it a research conversation. It was pretty cool. They ask some questions about your background and use case and get some feedback about various things. I focused entirely on the QC, though I got the impression we could've talked about anything else too. It's cool that they do that kinda thing. Adds a little personal touch.

Just had a Zoom call with a guy from NDSP. Officially they call it a research conversation. It was pretty cool. They ask some questions about your background and use case and get some feedback about various things. I focused entirely on the QC, though I got the impression we could've talked about anything else too. It's cool that they do that kinda thing. Adds a little personal touch.
Did you ask him how much he can deadlift?

The video is already divided into segments. It's on the second last one called Bass and Guitar Synthesis.
So, I did in fact have time to watch the video. I thought it was really interesting, and I actually found Doug and Francisco perfectly likable and down to earth. I mean, I personally despise Francisco for having the career I wish I had, but he seems like a decent guy otherwise. :D

As for the promise of a synth block in the next update: it's pretty vague, and I hope I'm wrong, but the interview doesn't really give me the sense that the guitar synth will be a native QC component. Francisco's exact words - after discussing his collaboration with Rabea specifically and at length - are, "that is coming with this next update with plugin compatibility." Suggesting that he's referring to the synth block bundled with Rabea X.

Which, you know, give me a 50% off sale and a 2nd beer, and maybe. ;)

That's cool. Did you get an email invite out of the blue? Something must have put you on their radar.

I'd probably nitpick the user interface until they wished they'd never called LOL.

That's cool. Did you get an email invite out of the blue? Something must have put you on their radar.

I'd probably nitpick the user interface until they wished they'd never called LOL.
A friend got an invite to do a call. Before the call actually happened, I helped that friend accomplish something on the QC that he was struggling to figure out. He brought it up during the call and I guess the NDSP guy thought it was a simpler solution than he'd seen before so my friend gave him my info. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Oh and my focus was mainly on some effects and routing. A few other things too but that was the main thing I talked about.

“Are you deadpool_25 @ TGF?”
“Do you know the whereabouts of a certain Turkey Jiving fellow?”

J/k

That’s awesome dude

Back