NDSP Quad Cortex

I love that amp on its own but I find it's not great in the mix.
All about the IR’s. IMO the older plugins suffer a bit on the IR’s not being as good as recent ones. But “in the mix” is totally context dependent anyway. If you are struggling with it, try other IR’s. They always have way more influence on how well a tone works in context.

It's funny because I feel like I've come full circle. From buying the QC because I loved the plugins and couldn't wait to have them in a device. To just getting really used to the QC and forgetting and kinda giving up on the plugins over time, and not even being that hyped when they were announced. To being all about the plugins again now that they're here.
Could you just ditch the QC then and just use plugins?

Cordy being salty about the QC... again.

View attachment 26121

I personally think he's off base with a lot of these observations. There's no way NDSP could have translated the skeuomorphic GUI elements of the plugin suites to QC without completely fragmenting the existing QC workflow, content, and feature set. It would have been one (subjective) step forward in terms of aesthetics, and a thousand steps back in terms of functionality.

I personally think he's off base with a lot of these observations. There's no way NDSP could have translated the skeuomorphic GUI elements of the plugin suites to QC without completely fragmenting the existing QC workflow, content, and feature set. It would have been one (subjective) step forward in terms of aesthetics, and a thousand steps back in terms of functionality.

I kinda get his point thou: going from a plugin skeuomorphic GUI to the QC is a completely different workflow, and user experience. Helix "solves" this on Native by keeping pretty much the same UX across plugins and hardware products - with all the pros and cons that implies.

I kinda get his point thou: going from a plugin skeuomorphic GUI to the QC is a completely different workflow, and user experience. Helix "solves" this on Native by keeping pretty much the same UX across plugins and hardware products - with all the pros and cons that implies.
And the Cortex Control and the QC itself, does just this. It`s the same with the plugins on the QC and editor.
You tweek the plugins on the QC on the unit, or via Cortex Control

It all comes back around to the point that I never thought "plugin compatibility" was a reasonable aim for the QC (or any other modeler with its own OS, GUI, and native content) in the first place.

Nor would I have been interested in a device that achieved parity by running one plugin suite, as is, at a time. It would have looked pretty (perhaps on a bigger screen?), but it would have been too limiting.

Tone is in the Eye Candy ??

Confused Little Girl GIF

And the Cortex Control and the QC itself, does just this. It`s the same with the plugins on the QC and editor.

Um... no. Cortex Control is a desktop editor for the QC; it has nothing to do with how different the experience of using a plugin is between your desktop and the QC.

(i really don't think this such a big deal as Cordy makes it to be, FWIW)

Um... no. Cortex Control is a desktop editor for the QC; it has nothing to do with how different the experience of using a plugin is between your desktop and the QC.

(i really don't think this such a big deal as Cordy makes it to be, FWIW)
You can not tweek the Plugin (standalone, or in the DAW) via the QC or Cortex Control. Once you activate the plugin inside the QC it will look the same as Cortex Control. So it looks the same in the QC space, just like Helix and Helix Editor

QC != desktop.
Cortex Control = Desktop :rollsafe

I get what you are trying to say, but you can not tweek the Plugin ( DAW, or Standalone ) via the QC, or CC. But things will look the same (QC, Cortex Control) once you activate the plugin inside of the QC

Speaking of plugins, has anyone shoot out plugin vs stock QC amps yet? I wonder how much non-plugin clients are missing out - or not.

Back