NDSP Quad Cortex

Is it though? There are plenty of vendors to purchase from. I really dont see the need for a marketplace

I think so personally.

Captures/Profiles are useless to me unless I can access a well curated list of them. Searching random Captures from the user base doesn’t work for me.

There is a workaround, but it’s weird and doesn’t work well. I wonder how many vendors that has kept out of the market?

Is it though? There are plenty of vendors to purchase from. I really dont see the need for a marketplace

It's hard to orchestrate though. I bought the Tone Junkie everything pack during one of his goofy sales so got everything for $20 for S&G. But never could figure out how to actually get the profiles to download and didn't care enough to pursue.

Tonex has the marketplace...you can browse and download and I'm sure they get a cut too. But combine that with cloud and it makes life a lot easier for the end user and makes money for NDSP.

That assumes they have enough of a black box that you can't just pirate files like with Kemper. I'm assuming Tonex and NDSP already covered that beforehand. Because I don't think Kemper ever intended for the Profiler to have paid profiles, it just kind of evolved organically.

I think so personally.

Captures/Profiles are useless to me unless I can access a well curated list of them. Searching random Captures from the user base doesn’t work for me.

There is a workaround, but it’s weird and doesn’t work well. I wonder how many vendors that has kept out of the market?

100% agree I don't like random stuff.

I've actually taken to buying a handful of pedals just so I could shoot my own captures and have full control over it.

100% agree I don't like random stuff.

I've actually taken to buying a handful of pedals just so I could shoot my own captures and have full control over it.
I'm just over spending $$$$ for captures if I ever dabbled with a capture device. Given the QC has models and a good amount of onboard captures, I just don't see the marketplace as being a top priority given the other shortcomings. But that may just be me.

I'm just over spending $$$$ for captures if I ever dabbled with a capture device. Given the QC has models and a good amount of onboard captures, I just don't see the marketplace as being a top priority given the other shortcomings. But that may just be me.

The problem is there is a big gap in tone quality between Captures and the models

(At least there was when I had one)

Same here but (speaking for myself) #cheapskate and possibly #tonedeaf. :D

What a brilliant idea! I wish I and many others suggested it way before…how many years has it been?
Olivia Benson Dickwolf GIF by Wolf Entertainment

If it makes you feel any better, none of those will actually work on QC at this time. :rofl

No time soon either. 3.1 - whenever it arrives - is Fortin Nameless and Soldano. "The next major update" after that - 3.2, I would guess - is Nolly and Parallax. So....at some point in 2025 maybe?

The problem is there is a big gap in tone quality between Captures and the models

(At least there was when I had one)
I think it's been proven pretty consistently the QC amp models stand up to if not surpasses (in some instances) the competition. Are all of them great? Nah, but you could even say the same for fractal

I'm just over spending $$$$ for captures.

I had to buy a couple to test out the Tonex capabilities market wise but other than that I couldn't agree more.

When I finally bailed on the Kemper platform I'd amassed an ungodly amount of paid profiles.
Then one day you realize you only need a few killer tones to be happy, and you'd found those really early on.

The owning thousands of possibilities was equal parts ridiculous and embarrassing in hindsight.
Exactly like back in the cocaine days - repeatedly paying over and over again for another temporary fix.

No time soon either. 3.1 - whenever it arrives - is Fortin Nameless and Soldano. "The next major update" after that - 3.2, I would guess - is Nolly and Parallax. So....at some point in 2025 maybe?
Yep. The release date for 3.1 and the content it includes will determine whether @Whizzinby's #itshappening tag is legit. :D If additional plugin support is all that arrives and/or it takes more than a few months, then Houston we have a problem. I'm hoping, per their recent statement, that the next update will support a couple more licensed plugins and include additional native blocks (perhaps new, perhaps ported from other plugins.)

I think it's been proven pretty consistently the QC amp models stand up to if not surpasses (in some instances) the competition. Are all of them great? Nah, but you could even say the same for fractal

They didn’t for me when I tried them :idk

Just saying, you telling me “it’s been proven” doesn’t change what my ears heard. I can’t choose to un-hear something because someone else tells me they hear it differently

Last edited:
They didn’t for me when I tried them :idk

Just saying, you telling me “it’s been proven” doesn’t change what my ears heard. I can’t choose to un-hear something because someone else tells me they hear it differently
Not trying to change your mind. Just don't think you saying there is a huge difference between the captures and amp models is accurate.

And yes you are right about listening to your ears, maybe we should pull the graphs 🤣

Most of cycle through gear like madmen here so it reaches a point where I think we just hear what we want to at times 🤣

Last edited:
Back