NDSP Quad Cortex

Have you tried the Mesa Mark III red stripe capture yet?
That was my go to most of the time on the QC.

I don't think anyone lacks for good captures on QC for pretty much any genre. He was talking specifically about the amp models, which I also found to be a bit limited. To be fair, tho, I pulled the cord before they added the Herbert, Kraken and JP2C models.

The JP2C and Herbert aren't go-tos for me on the FM9 either. The Kraken drive channel is pretty 5150-based, from what I understand.

Joining the cloud hivemind aka creating an account and giving the Neural turds your contact information.

Neural gets your contact information when you purchase and register your QC.
And you gotta use it for some 'maintenance' stuff but not at all for playing or performing.

My current 'Cloud Hive Mind' memberships:

Wells Fargo, CVS, Sweetwater, March & Ash (local weed shop), Amazon, Reverb, PayPal, and (at the moment) IK Multimedia.
The world no longer exists without clouds!.

Last edited:
It's hard to exist totally off the cloud. You'll need to go full Grizzly Adams.

But I get wanting to limit that as much as possible. And NDSP already had what seems like a major security issue once that was pretty ridiculous. So I do get not wanting trust your personal information to them.

It's hard to exist totally off the cloud. You'll need to go full Grizzly Adams.

But I get wanting to limit that as much as possible. And NDSP already had what seems like a major security issue once that was pretty ridiculous. So I do get not wanting trust your personal information to them.
Yeah for me certainly it's really just them.

I think it was the lack of offline/mass file/individual preset backup control that put people off, really. We get too many outages with cloud-based services these days for people to feel fully comfortable putting all of their eggs in that one basket. All it takes is one time when you really want/need to post on social media/play Xbox Live/transfer an important file to a client/etc. and have that not be available for you to start thinking the same.
I mean, I get it... in theory. But we rely on all kinds of services in our day to day lives that aren't 100% available 24/ 7/ 365. I really think people inflated the consequences of maybe not being able to backup a QC in any given specific moment. A minor hysteria spread as if a cloud outage would render the QC completely inoperable. Honestly, I only use the cloud features once in a blue moon. (And when I do, they always work... knock on wood.)

I've had no issues with the QC cloud integration. I really like being able to just load something like an IR into my account from the computer then it shows up on the QC with no fuss. Same thing with captures, I can scroll through on my phone and click download and then it's on my QC. For all the fuss about iLok, I've had no issues using plugins on my computer and no issues getting Plini activated on the QC.

Boo. Gross. Nope.
NDSP has my info; Line 6 has my info; a million other companies have my info. So it goes. This idea that NDSP are after my lucky charms or whatever (any more than anyone else) is just one more variation on the "oh noes clouds!" hysteria IMO.

And yes, NDSP dropped the ball in terms of securing that info once, but the actual impact was negligible (except in terms of post counts on various threads LOL.) Worse damage has been done over the years by Nintendo, Microsoft, etc. etc. etc.

NDSP has my info; Line 6 has my info; a million other companies have my info. So it goes. This idea that NDSP are after my lucky charms or whatever (any more than anyone else) is just one more variation on the "oh noes clouds!" hysteria IMO.

And yes, NDSP dropped the ball in terms of securing that info once, but the actual impact was negligible (except in terms of post counts on various threads LOL.) Worse damage has been done over the years by Nintendo, Microsoft, etc. etc. etc.
Oh I know. I just despise the company. Full stop. If you haven't already figured that out by now :rofl

I mean, I get it... in theory. But we rely on all kinds of services in our day to day lives that aren't 100% available 24/ 7/ 365. I really think people inflated the consequences of maybe not being able to backup a QC in any given specific moment. A minor hysteria spread as if a cloud outage would render the QC completely inoperable. Honestly, I only use the cloud features once in a blue moon. (And when I do, they always work... knock on wood.)

I agree. The early QC days of really clunky file management, super unreliable wifi and slow, folderless menu browsing made that pain a bit more acute. I understand they've made a lot of QoL upgrades since then, not the least of which is leveraging your computer's wifi when you're connected to it for editing.

I agree. The early QC days of really clunky file management, super unreliable wifi and slow, folderless menu browsing made that pain a bit more acute. I understand they've made a lot of QoL upgrades since then, not the least of which is leveraging your computer's wifi when you're connected to it for editing.
Ah, yes. Sometimes I forget that I skipped the first year or so of the "dark ages of QC." And even then OMG whack-a-mole capture menus...

But I think a lot of these issues get blurred together with "teh cloud suckz", when in fact they're almost entirely distinct.

A minor hysteria spread as if a cloud outage would render the QC completely inoperable.

Wells Fargo was down the other day and I wasn't able to pay my bills...

f27026a7a79cc58a152029f416f1d1b0.gif

OH THE FUCKING HUMANITY! :rofl

Ah, yes. Sometimes I forget that I skipped the first year or so of the "dark ages of QC." And even then OMG whack-a-mole capture menus...

But I think a lot of these issues get blurred together with "teh cloud suckz", when in fact they're almost entirely distinct.

One issue that blurred the line between the cloud's fault, NDSP myopic thinking fault and people sucking fault was the lack of required metadata when it came to cloud captures. I have no idea if that's been improved, but it made browsing quite frustrating. I gave up after awhile and would only bother auditioning new stuff from trusted sources like @Deadpan and headfirst Amplification/@Burger

Last edited:
Back