NDSP Quad Cortex

Day 2 with QC:

Messed with a WDW setup using the FR-12 in the middle and a PXM-12 on either side. It sounds great, however I think I prefer the FM9 for this kind of thing. Mainly because I can run all my post effects in parallel which just sounds special. Additionally the vast array of delays in the Fractal are :chef , especially the SDE-3000 block that @2112 so kindly shared in his block library. The delays are fine in the QC and generally get the job done though. I wonder if any of the plug-in delays kinda get that thing going 🤔

Speaking of sharing the block library type stuff, being able to download a tone on your phone and having it instantly available on the QC is convenient AF. Man if I could have an FM9/QC mashup, with the Fractal grid and effects, and the usability and form factor of the QC...and with it being Fractal and not NDSP...

View attachment 25898
I think that's everyones wish list , not sure if you tried the dual delay . LT puts the EVH settings into the Qc in this vid to do the SDE thing

starts at 15.45

^ I wasn't aware of this (?) Is this just for some of the Plugs or all of the Plugs (?)

Thanks,
Ben
its kind of like the what came first the chicken or the egg

but too date I don't think any of the Archetypes to my knowledge have any amp models that are not in the Cortex was mentioned a few pages back but
Asato: Lonestar, Matchless
Petrucci: the JP2c Yellow and red
Rabea : Krakens
Plini ; Twin BE,HBE
Nolly : Shiva, 2203, 5150

the list goes on but they are all existing models

its kind of like the what came first the chicken or the egg

but too date I don't think any of the Archetypes to my knowledge have any amp models that are not in the Cortex was mentioned a few pages back but
Asato: Lonestar, Matchless
Petrucci: the JP2c Yellow and red
Rabea : Krakens
Plini ; Twin BE,HBE
Nolly : Shiva, 2203, 5150

the list goes on but they are all existing models

Apart I guess from the Morgan and Tone King ..... which I *think* are not native in the QC (?) ..... that kind of "nukes" my argument that they keep the "good stuff" for the plugs which you then "have" to buy to get for the QC.

My NDSP Corporate hatred level has dropped a bit ... but I stress just " a bit " :)

Ben

So if I have this right .... the TINA process Captures a large number of static Captures across a large range of interrelated Amp Control setting movements - say X - and then the ML process interpolates between them to best estimate the Amp controls in all the in-between non Captured positions across all knobs and all knob interactions to get from X to the fully captured full amp settings and full interrelated settings ... all done with zero human tweaking, refining, subjective ear-fixing etc....

Do I understand this right (?)

Ben
Yes, seems very much like it.

They have a Morgan amp model and added Tone King caps (boo)

It's the Morgan SW50 not the AC 20 and unless I'm looking at an out of date list there is no Tone King model of any king in the QC natively (?) So maybe they aren't *all^ already in there (?)

It's the Morgan SW50 not the AC 20 and unless I'm looking at an out of date list there is no Tone King model of any king in the QC natively (?) So maybe they aren't *all^ already in there (?)
The Morgan plugin suite has multiple Morgan amps and I think the SW is one of them? No Tone King model but they added Tone King captures post launch (which obviously isn't the same as a model)

On Wednesday July 31st, we released CorOS 3.0.0 with Plugin Compatibility and Cortex Control 1.1.0. The response to this update has been overwhelmingly positive and we cannot thank you enough for your patience and your kind words. This release shattered any records held by previous updates with respect to the number of users who updated on release day!

We also announced that we are giving away a free plugin to all Quad Cortex owners who update to CorOS 3.0.0 until Wednesday August 28th.

Finally, we introduced TINA, our data collection robot, and published a follow-up article and research paper explaining how we’ve merged mechanical robotics with machine learning in more detail.

In the coming weeks, we will release CorOS 3.0.1, patching any issues that are found in CorOS 3.0.0, while simultaneously finishing up the remaining tasks for CorOS 3.1.0.

The future of CorOS updates
CorOS 3.0.0 was our most significant update to date, overhauling much of the system’s architecture. With this update now complete, we’re shifting gears to deliver more frequent releases, including new devices like amplifiers and effects for all users. We understand some users have concerns that Plugin Compatibility might put new devices behind a paywall, but we want to make it absolutely clear: that’s not the case.

We’re proud to introduce Plugin Compatibility to the Quad Cortex, marking the first time a modeling company has effectively integrated the worlds of native software and embedded hardware. Tens of thousands of our Quad Cortex users who are also plugin users have been eager to access their favorite plugin sounds on their hardware. For those who aren’t plugin users, rest assured, we’re adding plenty of new devices directly to the Quad Cortex.

Our philosophy is clear: when we create an exceptional device, we aim to bring that technology to the Quad Cortex whenever possible.

We want to emphasize that plugins are not a paywall or DLC for the Quad Cortex. Instead, they offer a way for our hardware and software to coexist harmoniously. If you’re not interested in plugins, you won’t miss out on essential features. However, if you do use plugins, Plugin Compatibility gives you the power to replicate those sounds and signal chains on your Quad Cortex.

Finally, a reminder: future plugin updates will be ported in parallel with upcoming CorOS updates. Soldano SLO-100 X and Fortin Nameless Suite X are coming in CorOS 3.1.0, and the next major update will include Parallax X and Archetype: Nolly X.

Future X updates
We are pleased to announce that the next X updates will be Archetype: Cory Wong X and Archetype: Petrucci X. We look forward to sharing them with you

None of the licensed amps are in the QC except one of the Morgan amps and the Soldano, though it's an older version.

None of the Fortins, or Granophyre, Mesa (though there is Peteucci's modded version), and Tone King.

On Wednesday July 31st, we released CorOS 3.0.0 with Plugin Compatibility and Cortex Control 1.1.0. The response to this update has been overwhelmingly positive and we cannot thank you enough for your patience and your kind words. This release shattered any records held by previous updates with respect to the number of users who updated on release day!

We also announced that we are giving away a free plugin to all Quad Cortex owners who update to CorOS 3.0.0 until Wednesday August 28th.

Finally, we introduced TINA, our data collection robot, and published a follow-up article and research paper explaining how we’ve merged mechanical robotics with machine learning in more detail.

In the coming weeks, we will release CorOS 3.0.1, patching any issues that are found in CorOS 3.0.0, while simultaneously finishing up the remaining tasks for CorOS 3.1.0.

CorOS 3.0.0 was our most significant update to date, overhauling much of the system’s architecture. With this update now complete, we’re shifting gears to deliver more frequent releases, including new devices like amplifiers and effects for all users. We understand some users have concerns that Plugin Compatibility might put new devices behind a paywall, but we want to make it absolutely clear: that’s not the case.

We’re proud to introduce Plugin Compatibility to the Quad Cortex, marking the first time a modeling company has effectively integrated the worlds of native software and embedded hardware. Tens of thousands of our Quad Cortex users who are also plugin users have been eager to access their favorite plugin sounds on their hardware. For those who aren’t plugin users, rest assured, we’re adding plenty of new devices directly to the Quad Cortex.

Our philosophy is clear: when we create an exceptional device, we aim to bring that technology to the Quad Cortex whenever possible.

We want to emphasize that plugins are not a paywall or DLC for the Quad Cortex. Instead, they offer a way for our hardware and software to coexist harmoniously. If you’re not interested in plugins, you won’t miss out on essential features. However, if you do use plugins, Plugin Compatibility gives you the power to replicate those sounds and signal chains on your Quad Cortex.

Finally, a reminder: future plugin updates will be ported in parallel with upcoming CorOS updates. Soldano SLO-100 X and Fortin Nameless Suite X are coming in CorOS 3.1.0, and the next major update will include Parallax X and Archetype: Nolly X.

Future X updates
We are pleased to announce that the next X updates will be Archetype: Cory Wong X and Archetype: Petrucci X. We look forward to sharing them with you

Curious that they can specifically list what plugins are arriving in the next couple of firmware updates, but when it comes to non-paywalled content it's a generic "we're shifting gears to provides more frequent content for all users".

3.1.0 will be rather interesting. If TINA is what they say it is, I expect it to have a big haul of new models.

Future X updates
Finally some clear communication and roadmap from the company. The only question is when that will happen. I expect that maybe October for more plugin updates, next NAMM maybe 3.1.0?

Finally some clear communication and roadmap from the company. The only question is when that will happen. I expect that maybe October for more plugin updates, next NAMM maybe 3.1.0?
The way it reads makes it seem it's not too far off but we're talking about NDSP here so I'm not holding my breath lol.

I don't own the Gojira nor the Plini but am a very happy user of that sidechained gate.

I used it at band-practice where I always used to get feedback because of the small space we rehearse in; with CorOs 3.0.0 I'm happy to report that the squeeling/feedback's now gone without cutting the life out of my sustain and playing.

“We’re extremely proud to be one of the first companies to make native compatibility between guitar hardware and software a reality with CorOS 3.0.0,” concludes Dan Davies, Chief Marketing Officer at Neural DSP Technologies. “By utilizing TINA, our secret weapon, users experience an unparalleled level of sound authenticity throughout our product range. This development makes our software more capable than ever before, and we look forward to continuing to build on this framework.”

So not the first, and that`s ok

“We’re extremely proud to be one of the first companies to make native compatibility between guitar hardware and software a reality with CorOS 3.0.0,” concludes Dan Davies, Chief Marketing Officer at Neural DSP Technologies. “By utilizing TINA, our secret weapon, users experience an unparalleled level of sound authenticity throughout our product range. This development makes our software more capable than ever before, and we look forward to continuing to build on this framework.”

So not the first, and that`s ok
True, it's not an issue & it doesn't matter if they're the first or the 10th but their stance / communication on the topic feels disjointed:

1722598202514.png

Back