NDSP Quad Cortex

Is there a 105Q?
1000002807.png

Although I decided to check out the discord and now they are saying these have been on their website for years. Not surprised if true but c'mon. I just can't think of any other company that just so blatantly lies about what their product does lol

The synth thing....I'm confused. Is that an early look at Archetype: Rabea or is that an unannounced block getting added free for everyone?

Thinking about it - and this may be dumb cause I never use them - wouldn't a polyphonic synth require something on the guitar's end to work?
You'd probably need a pickup, like Fishman's Triple Play, that can take each string and feed the separately.

The synth thing....I'm confused. Is that an early look at Archetype: Rabea or is that an unannounced block getting added free for everyone?

Hard to say. It was mentioned on the Discord at one point there might be a synth coming. Rabea X isn't even out yet so it could be a new block.

Rabea says "you can send MIDI instruments into it" so I expect he means the synth block. That's actually killer because if you can drive the synth block with MIDI notes, it can be used in all kind of creative ways better than a synth that just processes guitar input.

Isn't the FM/Axe-FX synth block also monophonic? Now granted, their more flexible routing allows you to do some crazy, CRAZY busy stuff just with the factory presets. But QC has multivoice/pitch blocks that should allow for the same here.
It is. As is the Helix. Just not a feature that anyone other than Boss/Roland really wants to try doing anything with.

Hard to say. It was mentioned on the Discord at one point there might be a synth coming. Rabea X isn't even out yet so it could be a new block.

In the video, they say it's Rabea's synth and the controls do mostly correspond to the Overlord ones in the plugin.

Back