NDSP Quad Cortex

I....don't understand? Maybe that was AI-generated, but what do a bunch of hardware switches and cables have to do with a firmware update of a product that does not appear in the video?

Generally in the content world, even if it was a cheap and quick AI-prompted video....you don't waste your video channels on an announcement that has an 8-day shelf life. At best, you'd do one of those placeholder thumbnails for a deep dive 3.0 video with the countdown to when it goes live....but that's not what this is.

I....don't understand? Maybe that was AI-generated, but what do a bunch of hardware switches and cables have to do with a firmware update of a product that does not appear in the video?

Generally in the content world, even if it was a cheap and quick AI-prompted video....you don't waste your video channels on an announcement that has an 8-day shelf life. At best, you'd do one of those placeholder thumbnails for a deep dive 3.0 video with the countdown to when it goes live....but that's not what this is.
It’s Fluff

Neural gonna Neural. I don’t begrudge them for making a big deal about it, it was no small effort to make it happen for them and this is really the last major prelaunch item outstanding.

It’s still mildly amusing considering plugin compatibility is actually just two plugins with the rest #soon, but I guess progress is progress and it’s good they remain committed.

My guess is it will take the entirety of 2025 to get the rest of the plugs compatible, and it will be interesting to see what sort of native content they drop during that timeframe. 3 amps in 20 months is pretty dreadful, but I’d assume they can only do better from here.

It's the dumbest thing...what NDSP does deliver is really damn good (IMO). But they just can't deliver anything on time.

My guess is it will take the entirety of 2025 to get the rest of the plugs compatible, and it will be interesting to see what sort of native content they drop during that timeframe. 3 amps in 20 months is pretty dreadful, but I’d assume they can only do better from here.
I went through all their updates to map out some timelines for a video I'm working on. I'd never looked into it before and only heard this kind of thing from forums, but I was surprised at how much they'd brought to the QC via updates. Noone is going to dethrone Fractal when it comes to updates but this seems decent on paper.

1721689757562.png

The kraken was a fun addition imo
I suspect that's probably one of the better models considering their relationship with Rabea and the fact he designed the amp w Martin Kidd
they likely spent some time on that one getting it right and getting all the nuances like power tube choices . focus switch in the model
I am sure Rabea beta tested it extensively . probably more so than some others

I went through all their updates to map out some timelines for a video I'm working on. I'd never looked into it before and only heard this kind of thing from forums, but I was surprised at how much they'd brought to the QC via updates. Noone is going to dethrone Fractal when it comes to updates but this seems decent on paper.

View attachment 25493
well yes and no , as per whizzenby assessment technically in 2023 if we are just talking amps

Mesa JP2c
Matcheless DC30
Matchless Cheiftin
Victory Kraken

Thats is a huge time frame from April 2023 . until present and its likely you won't see new amps again until late fall or NAMM time
it just shows how much the plug in has affected things

Don't even need any more amp models, really. There are lots of good ones in there and tons of good captures on the unit and 3rd party. Would be nice if they focused on adding some more effects to it..

Back