NDSP Quad Cortex

An ETA is really just a suggestion mostly
1suyyk.gif

Uploaded all the latest and greatest just now:

https://cloud.neuraldsp.com/cloud/u/JarickL

Let me know what you think, I'd be curious if I have to tweak anything else. But to my ears it sounds pretty decent!

I really like the IR-X low gain one. Good pedal platform.
Tried the Friedman preamp captures…those sound excellent! Recommended!
Bit brighter then my own setup…but a) my “zero line” is pretty dark and b) the treble knob on the QC works ;)

Last edited:
I watched this today & I thought this was a decent video of the QC... without all the "will it chug"and silly jokes and cartoons thrown in.
Everyone knows the QC can rock heavy with the best of them. But this was a different approach. I am considering a QC...

I watched this today & I thought this was a decent video of the QC... without all the "will it chug"and silly jokes and cartoons thrown in.
Everyone knows the QC can rock heavy with the best of them. But this was a different approach. I am considering a QC...

Paul’s tones are A1 if you bought a QC and wanted to buy some captures he would be at the top of my list

I guess I'm just confused with that he thinks improved. He states that the feel and effects (specifically reverbs) have been greatly improved.

As far as I know none of the updates have changed the feel (especially of the captures) and maybe one new reverb was added? Maybe he just didn't make a great capture the first time

I guess I'm just confused with that he thinks improved. He states that the feel and effects (specifically reverbs) have been greatly improved.

As far as I know none of the updates have changed the feel (especially of the captures) and maybe one new reverb was added? Maybe he just didn't make a great capture the first time

What changed is that he’s selling captures now.

Super cynical I know but there weren’t any modeling changes. Probably not just him either.

What changed is that he’s selling captures now.

Super cynical I know but there weren’t any modeling changes. Probably not just him either.
I haven’t actually watched the video so I don’t know whether this is relevant, but there have been changes to some of the modeling - hence the ability to load “legacy” versions of some amp and FX blocks.

There hasn’t been any change to the capture technology, if that’s what everyone’s driving at? Just a few workflow changes to make the capturing process a bit easier.

I haven’t actually watched the video so I don’t know whether this is relevant, but there have been changes to some of the modeling - hence the ability to load “legacy” versions of some amp and FX blocks.

There hasn’t been any change to the capture technology, if that’s what everyone’s driving at? Just a few workflow changes to make the capturing process a bit easier.
He said he really liked the responsiveness of the Morgan model (which was post launch, correct?) IIRC the newer models were generally quite good

Hey all. I don’t have a QC but my buddy has one.
We were talking about the Cory Wong NDSP archetype and was wondering if there was any talk about porting this to the QC.

As much as the QC is a shame for the company, their plugins are still top notch. Parallax and one of the guitar suites (I'm really into Plini X at the moment) are actually all you need for great sounding rock and metal songs.
I understand this point of view but this company is lacking in promises of the unit since day 1. People here and people like Pete thorn can offord to not care as they have every unit and amp possible at their fingertips. I enjoy their vids and they can make everything sound good of course and have enough gear that if something is lacking in the unit chances are they have what every the need from other gear. The average use buys a unit like this to get 95+ what they need amp and effects wise in a single box. I know others buy a few diff units and between them can find what they need but it gets expensive for average people to do that.

Back