NDSP Quad Cortex

I think that's a fairly popular one? I'd imagine once they're finally past 3.0 the plugins will be getting the X treatment rather quickly and that they'd go in order of most popular first.
I always thought the heavier stuff would be their most popular. I hope you’re right!

I don't know if popularity is the deciding factor. The X version plugins completed thus far seem kinda random to me.

I don't know if popularity is the deciding factor. The X version plugins completed thus far seem kinda random to me.
I would actually like to see the amps that are not in QC first
Like Mesa Mk2C , Cali, ToneKing,Morgan
Although Bea being a big endorser I suspect he may be soon after Nolly

Fender seems more dedicated with the temp updates then neural
The biggest issues with NDSP and its well documented and known is how much the completely under estimated the time to port plugins and rather than a simple porting of current models it has forced them to go back and create all new X versions of every plug so they wil be able to get them to work . this has totally stopped their progress and bottlenecked development for I think 12 months and counting now

He said he really liked the responsiveness of the Morgan model (which was post launch, correct?) IIRC the newer models were generally quite good

Maybe. I'm not sure how many models were changed, I think the Tube Screamer and maybe one other one? But it's not like Helix where there was a big global amp modeling change.

BTW I love Studio Rats demos and Paul's a killer player. But saying "oh hey it's so much better because of the feel (which by the way you can't really measure or capture)" is a bit silly. Same with Jason Sadites...I'm sure he just genuinely started getting really interested in the QC as a platform and that has nothing to do with selling captures.

While I'm crapping on guys that could play circles around me and make tons of free content, because it came up here, I don't watch Pete Thorn videos anymore. He makes great demo songs that all sound really good and he's a pros pro and that's just the polar opposite of me. I'm a lot more interested in seeing what some jackass in his basement can do with a piece of gear, and he had to pay $1500 for one so what gets him excited and what gets him annoyed.

Anyways.

I don't find any of the models to have more or less responsiveness or feel...they're all pretty good to me.

Hey all. I don’t have a QC but my buddy has one.
We were talking about the Cory Wong NDSP archetype and was wondering if there was any talk about porting this to the QC.

No idea if or when that's available. The Plini and Gojira ones are supposed to be ported soon. First thing is the plugin needs to be updated to the X version, then they need to I guess port that to the QC hardware, and then beta test for six months or so. I would guess if Plini/Gojira goes smooth the others should go quicker, but NDSP doesn't seem to do anything quickly or smoothly.

But the hardware is killer and the stuff that's in the unit today is really damn good. They just desperately need better product management.

I'm a lot more interested in seeing what some jackass in his basement can do with a piece of gear, and he had to pay $1500 for one so what gets him excited and what gets him annoyed.
ralph-waving-in-the-simpsons.jpg

BTW I love Studio Rats demos and Paul's a killer player. But saying "oh hey it's so much better because of the feel (which by the way you can't really measure or capture)" is a bit silly. Same with Jason Sadites...I'm sure he just genuinely started getting really interested in the QC as a platform and that has nothing to do with selling captures.

While I'm crapping on guys that could play circles around me and make tons of free content, because it came up here, I don't watch Pete Thorn videos anymore. He makes great demo songs that all sound really good and he's a pros pro and that's just the polar opposite of me. I'm a lot more interested in seeing what some jackass in his basement can do with a piece of gear, and he had to pay $1500 for one so what gets him excited and what gets him annoyed.
I watch Pete Thorn for those lovely demo songs mostly, but I see it more like "if he's getting a great tone out of it, then so can I" situation. It means that the only limitation is my playing ability vs what the gear can do.

Unfortunately the Joe Average scale tends to go straight to "smartphone filming a dude in cargo pants" which gives you no real idea about how the amp sounds. Of course, modelers are easier to record direct so that takes at least part of it out of the equation.

"Pro" demos/reviews do tend to have a very surface level approach to modelers though and you need deep dives from people who actually use them.

I don't find any of the models to have more or less responsiveness or feel...they're all pretty good to me.
I didn't find the QC models to feel any better than Fractal FM3 or Helix when I had all of them 3 years ago. So I'm not really buying that QC is doing something better than the competition.

I didn't find the QC models to feel any better than Fractal FM3 or Helix when I had all of them 3 years ago. So I'm not really buying that QC is doing something better than the competition.

IMO QC does three things better than the competition: hardware (power/size), usability (giant color touch screen and knob switches), and amp/pedal captures (takes about 10 minutes to create and can run several of them at once). I don't find a big feel difference across the units.

How do the poopswitches compare to the TMP? All the yapping about everything needing a touchscreen but I actually liked those the most
:bag

How do the poopswitches compare to the TMP? All the yapping about everything needing a touchscreen but I actually liked those the most
:bag
It’s the combination of the two (touchscreen and many, well-spaced encoders) that makes it so much fun to use. Either/ or wouldn’t cut it IMO.

TMP brings both of these plus scribble strips to the table, which seems like a good recipe. The only question is how effectively that touchscreen is put to use.

It's not imo. Bunch of wasted space for what is very rudimentary.
That's my beef with it. It's not something designed for someone who will use it for years (and thus learn it well), it's designed to be approachable by first time modeler users. From everything I've seen it's kind of like having training wheels on at all times with the need to swipe between blocks or zoom in/out of them.

That's my beef with it. It's not something designed for someone who will use it for years (and thus learn it well), it's designed to be approachable by first time modeler users. From everything I've seen it's kind of like having training wheels on at all times with the need to swipe between blocks or zoom in/out of them.
All of this. Playskool modeler, 100%

It's designed to be approachable by first time modeler users.

You say this like it's a bad thing. What you refer to as training wheels I'd label as a ridiculously efficient and easy UI.

EDIT: I WAS TALKING ABOUT THE QC WHILE LAXU WAS REFERRING TO THE TMP.

Last edited:
I watch Pete Thorn for those lovely demo songs mostly, but I see it more like "if he's getting a great tone out of it, then so can I" situation. It means that the only limitation is my playing ability vs what the gear can do.

Unfortunately the Joe Average scale tends to go straight to "smartphone filming a dude in cargo pants" which gives you no real idea about how the amp sounds. Of course, modelers are easier to record direct so that takes at least part of it out of the equation.

"Pro" demos/reviews do tend to have a very surface level approach to modelers though and you need deep dives from people who actually use them.

I got used to the lazy eye but after he went with the Robin Hood Men in Tights haircut I just couldn’t watch and take him seriously anymore.

Back