Music Is Win Guy Hit In Forehead With Bottle

I was once in a band with a guitarist that had a bottle thrown at his head.

Except that he was standing in the audience when the asshole drummer from a notorious and terrible British 80s band threw it at his head. He got a scar just above his eye from that.

Anyway, it went to court. My friend received some compensation money from that incident. Used the money to buy a stereo Rickenbacker, which was pretty awesome back in the day when we were barely out of our teens.

Last edited:
SVe8JY.gif
I always find Paul Rudd a bit tiresome, and this "break the 4th wall" Beatles scene was no exception. However...

lO_RGn.gif

You think so? Maybe I watched it on the wrong night or something but I didn't really get into it. It was funny in sections but kinda felt like it was meh as a whole. :idk
It definitely has its "meh" sections (@Sleezy E and I differ as to which ones LOL) but IMO some of it was funny enough to elevate the whole thing to "instant classic" status.

One major variable that might affect your level of appreciation: whether or not you'd seen all of the movies it parodies. Walk the Line is the obvious reference, but there are also big doses of Ray (2004), and Beyond the Sea (2004). Unfortunately, neither of those movies are all that great, so to fully appreciate Walk Hard, you've got to invest a lot of time in mediocre biopics first.

I once made someone sit down with me and watch all 4 of these movies over the course of a couple of days. By the time we got to Walk Hard, I think she was too burnt out to laugh. :rofl

It definitely has its "meh" sections (@Sleezy E and I differ as to which ones LOL) but IMO some of it was funny enough to elevate the whole thing to "instant classic" status.

One major variable that might affect your level of appreciation: whether or not you'd seen all of the movies it parodies. Walk the Line is the obvious reference, but there are also big doses of Ray (2004), and Beyond the Sea (2004). Unfortunately, neither of those movies are all that great, so to fully appreciate Walk Hard, you've got to invest a lot of time in mediocre biopics first.

I once made someone sit down with me and watch all 4 of these movies over the course of a couple of days. By the time we got to Walk Hard, I think she was too burnt out to laugh. :rofl

Even that scene couldn't pull it from the depths of Meh for me.:rofl

Back