Might've just went Full Turbo™

If I could medically induce a coma until my 8/31 waitlist comes up, I would. The anticipation is murder and all the while I have a boss gx100 I’ve yet to power on.
Do you have an FM3 or III...I can't remember?

The 9 is nice. I bought it with ulterior motives but it has stuck around so far. I'd say the "feel" is a hair better than the FM3. I haven't had the III for quite some time. It is a nice unit. Curious to see what think of the GX. It won't sound as good on the amp side of things but Boss has "feel" nailed quite nicely.

The 9 is nice. I bought it with ulterior motives but it has stuck around so far. I'd say the "feel" is a hair better than the FM3. I haven't had the III for quite some time. It is a nice unit. Curious to see what think of the GX. It won't sound as good on the amp side of things but Boss has "feel" nailed quite nicely.
It can sound like 2 dogs fucking as long as it gets me thru a gig reliably and the sound is passable. The layout for me is actually more important. It will have its maiden voyage in 2 weeks. I have a double booked so I’ll be leaving one board behind and throwing the boss down on the floor for the next gig. Should be interesting!!!

It can sound like 2 dogs f*****g as long as it gets me thru a gig reliably and the sound is passable. The layout for me is actually more important. It will have its maiden voyage in 2 weeks. I have a double booked so I’ll be leaving one board behind and throwing the boss down on the floor for the next gig. Should be interesting!!!
You'll be ok. I actually prefer the more straightforward set up of the Boss switching methodology to FAS stuff. I have to have a fresh brain before I dive into FAS footswitch programming. Boss is clunky but it makes the most sense for me, comparatively.

You'll be ok. I actually prefer the more straightforward set up of the Boss switching methodology to FAS stuff. I have to have a fresh brain before I dive into FAS footswitch programming. Boss is clunky but it makes the most sense for me, comparatively.
Thanks. I’m sure it’ll work out. Crunch, a little more crunch and lead are all I need. It’s a great time to be a guitar player that we can just throw something like this on the floor and entertain a bar full of people, eh?

So my humbuster purchase got sidetracked. Which is fine. I ended up pulling out my hum eliminator and using it. I believe it does the same thing as the humbusters would? Noise was significantly less from all I was hearing. There are some killer synth-y presets in this thing. The Jeff and Jan preset is excellent for that sort of riffing. The 5150 Crunch continues to sound ridiculous.

Too predictable, man. ;)

I am on the waitlist. Like you, I had an FM9. The FM3 is just too damn convenient, and I LOVE
the portable form factor for both desk at home and board as needed outside the house.

Not sure if I will jump on the Turbo when my name is called. I am sure I have many moons to
contemplate it.

It is great. If I am going to stick with it; I'll need some humbusters and a protective cover of some sort. That's the part where I am dragging my heels a bit.

Back