Might've just went Full Turbo™

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND HUMBUSTERS INCOMING
Srsly?

I totally soldered up one of my own last week.

I would totally have bought one from the mothership except... $30 CAD humbuster price plus.... something like $130 CAD shipping. I can only imagine that they only have one standard shipping price in their system or something.

Hard to tell if my implementation of the humbuster is really working though! 🤷‍♂️

Srsly?

I totally soldered up one of my own last week.

I would totally have bought one from the mothership except... $30 CAD humbuster price plus.... something like $130 CAD shipping. I can only imagine that they only have one standard shipping price in their system or something.

Hard to tell if my implementation of the humbuster is really working though! 🤷‍♂️
I got a friend deal :bag :love:

Nothing too special about humbuster cables. They're a common cable you'd use in the studio.

Humbuster2.png

Pretty easy to make!

Very interesting concept.

https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/wiki/index.php?title=Humbuster
"The Humbuster outputs sense the ground noise at the far end of the cable and cancel it out. Remember there is no such thing as a wire with zero impedance."

So it basically 'reads' the ground 'noise' on the amplifier end via the Ring wire, flips its phase and adds it back to Tip.
Effectively it cancels any small signal/noise on the ground shield caused by its impedance and current on it.
Very clever Cliff, VERY CLEVER.

So the 5150III Blue is basically THE BEST FUCKING THING EVER, huh?

Just burnt 2 hours jamming out some riff ideas, just using that and a York Audio impulse. Nothing else. Smashing stuff.

This is currently the reverb tone I am lusting after with zero idea how to approximate because I suck. It's the MXR M300 reverb. Not sure what setting he is using?

This is currently the reverb tone I am lusting after with zero idea how to approximate because I suck. It's the MXR M300 reverb. Not sure what setting he is using?

Sounds like either the Epic or Mod setting on the M300.

Mod is a modulated 'Cloud' kind of reverb, with quite a large pre-delay. Epic is a kind of spacious hall reverb, but it sounds like it has some delay lines in front of it to make it sound bigger. Reckon you could get either of them on the Axe quite easily.

It's all good. I have been futzing with the 6160+ Crunch this afternoon and my god. Lots of goodness in the box :guiness
That’s a great model , you can back off the gain , hit it with the Klone or Maxon and it’s killer .
It was as a nice addition , I actually love the FM9 it’s a great unit .

The Fractal becomes fun and Is easy as you start to save blocks to the library IMO
The hardest thing is the vast amount of choices but as you start to build your toolbox you can just grab your favourites easily
Then you can have a template

Let’s see I want a Slash wah and and EVH flanger , Klone and a micro pitch done

Back