Lovepedal ‘Sale’

I’ve been playing the Gilmour Strat into the Tchula into the GE Dover on a Bassman model all night, the pedals are f*cking awesome alone or stacked. I really didn’t think I’d love the Tchula as much as I do, I don’t use the Bias side really, but I haven’t spent a lot of time with it.

That GE Dover, though, I need like 3 backups before I’m going to feel comfortable. If I ever lost the ability to have that tone I’d be pretty bummed.

Just need to hunt down the OG Dover Drive with the pyramid knob configuration.

:crazy

20220717_195146.jpg

I've caved to the Tchula and the 200lbs of gold. They seem right up my alley. :idk

Hopefully these will stick around. Almost every Lovepedal I've owned has been bought by a friend who couldn't live without it. Might have to keep these two hidden.

Just need to hunt down the OG Dover Drive with the pyramid knob configuration.

:crazy

View attachment 3004

For the GE, I’ll take whatever I can get as long as it’s got them germaniums in it! I’ve still yet to look up all the versions of the Dover, mostly because I want to focus on other pedals and I know once I know exactly how many variations there are, I’m not going to quit until I have them all. I could not stop playing last night, that particular setup, the Gilmour Strat into a Tchula into the GE Dover into a Bassman model are easily the best tone guitar tones I’ve ever gotten. And I doubt I’ll ever be able to capture it accurately because I know using both my cabs with very different speakers is playing a part of that.

I need to put some time into shooting some legit IR’s of those cabs. It sounds great sitting across the room from the cabs, I don’t think I can crank it loud enough to record a room mic from a couple feet away and getting it above the noise floor and I know close-mic’ing the cabs would give me something different. This might be the thing that turns me into a tone chaser. :wat
I've caved to the Tchula and the 200lbs of gold. They seem right up my alley. :idk

Hopefully these will stick around. Almost every Lovepedal I've owned has been bought by a friend who couldn't live without it. Might have to keep these two hidden.

Yeaaaaah buddy! Just drive some thumb tacks through the bottom of the case and don’t tell anyone, whenever they pick them up and get jabbed they’ll just toss ‘em back down and won’t bug you for them. You’re a better friend than I am, if my buds wanted to snag any of these Lovepedals I’d just send them to the website and say “Wait your turn, son! I ain’t giving these up!“

I get it. I have an older Sicilian friend who has excellent taste in everything and he squeezed
me for 5 (SRV Super Six, Red Zen, Brown Deluxe, Black Caucus Kalamzoo, Purple Plexi) of mine
last count. I replaced a couple, but I had to stop taking stuff over there, because I would come home
with less than what I took. :rofl

I'd Def recommend this. Purple Plexi on one side and COT 50 on the other for about $120.

1670536419492.png

Damnit, I missed out on the Eternity! I should have just ordered it earlier. :satan

I'd Def recommend this. Purple Plexi on one side and COT 50 on the other for about $120.

View attachment 3021

Just ordered it! I’m not even going to look back at what else was up there this run and I’m just keeping it at this one pedal. Damnit, I really wanted that Eternity. That was the first Lovepedal I ever heard about, my buddy’s guitarist came over one day and was talking about it, that was in ‘07 or very early ‘08, he sold me his Fulldrive 2 since the Eternity was replacing it. Wish I kept that pedal, too.

Over a decade ago I ordered a Hermida Audio Zendrive. I grew impatient waiting for it to be built so I picked up one used. I liked it so much it became my main overdrive pedal, always used with drive dialed in moderately so that edge of breakup was with the guitar volume on 8 and a little more on tap when I turned the guitar up to 10 for solos.

When the new one finally arrived I put it in the closet and it stayed there for a year or so. Ultimately I decided I really didn't need two so I sold the used one and kept the one I bought from Hermida. I've been using it ever since along with a BB Preamp and Megalith Delta giving me three levels of gain when I want to go analog distortion. Surprisingly, of the three the BB Preamp is the only one that hasn't increased in value. I think it's easily as good at what it does as the other two.

Seeing the current prices on Reverb I should have kept the second one. :facepalm

Damnit, I missed out on the Eternity! I should have just ordered it earlier. :satan

Just ordered it! I’m not even going to look back at what else was up there this run and I’m just keeping it at this one pedal. Damnit, I really wanted that Eternity. That was the first Lovepedal I ever heard about, my buddy’s guitarist came over one day and was talking about it, that was in ‘07 or very early ‘08, he sold me his Fulldrive 2 since the Eternity was replacing it. Wish I kept that pedal, too.

I had an Eternity for a while. I felt it worked better with my Strat than with a Les Paul or other humbucker guitars. Ultimately I sold it preferring the three gain pedals mentioned above.

It was nice enough with the Strat but I have no regrets about selling it.

I had an Eternity for a while. I felt it worked better with my Strat than with a Les Paul or other humbucker guitars. Ultimately I sold it preferring the three gain pedals mentioned above.

It was nice enough with the Strat but I have no regrets about selling it.

Yeah, I tend to get really compartmentalized with pedals when those SNS sales pop up; I completely forget about all the other stuff I want to get and have to stop myself from ordering every pedal. I have more than enough dirt pedals now (and it’s not like he’s not going to make them again).

Prices actually seemed to have dropped down on Reverb, for some Lovepedals, at least. For a good while I didn’t see a single one under $250. I think the SNS’s are actually helping lower prices, because people know they can just wait a couple months and most likely snag the pedal they want for $100.

Over a decade ago I ordered a Hermida Audio Zendrive. I grew impatient waiting for it to be built so I picked up one used. I liked it so much it became my main overdrive pedal, always used with drive dialed in moderately so that edge of breakup was with the guitar volume on 8 and a little more on tap when I turned the guitar up to 10 for solos.

When the new one finally arrived I put it in the closet and it stayed there for a year or so. Ultimately I decided I really didn't need two so I sold the used one and kept the one I bought from Hermida. I've been using it ever since along with a BB Preamp and Megalith Delta giving me three levels of gain when I want to go analog distortion. Surprisingly, of the three the BB Preamp is the only one that hasn't increased in value. I think it's easily as good at what it does as the other two.

Seeing the current prices on Reverb I should have kept the second one. :facepalm

I remember those pre-Lovepedal Hermida days. Alf was taking some heat on places like TGP for not
fulfilling orders in a timely manner, having an epic waitlist, and not always being able to be reached.
I think when Sean partnered with him it was a good thing for both of them.

Pretty sure Alf was involved in the aerospace industry along the Florida Coast there somewhere. He's
a super smart guy. I don't think the mundane necessities of running a business were suited for him, though.

Correct, I think, lol. I got a black one with a special tranny (OC76) during the last sale. Like I said, it sounds rad but the adaptor turns a small box into a real estate hog, and it’ll shut down a power supply if you daisy chain it. That tone might still be worth it tho… :LOL:

Yup. That sounds like the Mississippi Tchula, which is more of a fuzz, hence the need for center positive power.

Not even sure why he called that a Tchula. More in the Fuzzface camp, if you ask me. :idk

Back