Lovepedal ‘Sale’

That’s a bummer, I don’t know what I would have done last year during my divorce if I were responsible for getting stuff like that done, I was a f*cking wreck for a while and I most certainly would have had to say “Hey everyone, I’m a…..f*cked right now, if I keep working on this stuff I don’t have faith I can even pull it off and give it the focus it requires, I’m sorry.” Some sh*t is just too heavy to deal with and I’m fortunate that my job/boss knew what was going on and gave me some space, for nearly a year.

@la szum and I have been hitting up the SNS‘s for the last few months, he’s been at it longer than me but I’m already up to 5 Lovepedals out of the last 2-3 SNS’s, 3 Dovers, the Tchula and a red Zendrive. I’m addicted to the Dover Drives and WILL own them all, the Tchula is my newest favorite, that’s the PERFECT pedal for edge of breakup stuff and I could almost use it as an always-on pedal and just work the volume knob. I’ve been running it into the germanium Dover and man….. :chef
he has never addressed the disappearing act - some weirdo snoop scoured pubic records and spread the gossip (and apparently i did now too)
My point is i dont care if someones divorce is tough. U dont sit on peoples money and go silent. U put on ur big boy pants and address it.

he has never addressed the disappearing act - some weirdo snoop scoured pubic records and spread the gossip (and apparently i did now too)
My point is i dont care if someones divorce is tough. U dont sit on peoples money and go silent. U put on ur big boy pants and address it.

I wouldn’t be surprised in the least bit if that was a maneuver to prevent his ex from taking everything. Only reason I’m leaning in that route is because one of my dad’s best friends had a business making and selling bird gyms, used for rehabilitating injured birds, he was going through a divorce, dad gets a phone call saying his buddy needed our help with something. We get to the shop and his buddy loosely explains how he needs my father to purchase everything from him for $5000 and immediately move it to another location as he needed the money for lawyer fees and his wife’s lawyer was coming for everything the guy owned.

A few months after the divorce was over, his friend gave him the money back and set up the shop in a new location. He was fortunate in that he was only building extra stock at the time and not a large order because they went through all his statements/e-mails/orders. They got a pile of scrap wood out of it all. :rofl

In Sean’s case, if that was the situation, you can’t exactly disclose you’re doing something like that. “Hey guys, my bad but my divorce is kicking my ass and I’m selling all your stuff to a buddy of mine, but don’t worry, as soon as the divorce is finalized I’ll buy it all back, finish it and we’re good to go! Talk to you in a few months!”

And just playing further devil’s advocate, the first month sh*t hit the fan in my divorce, I barely had enough will for self-preservation, it was everything I could do to not off myself during that time and we had already agreed on the terms of the divorce, so without knowing someone’s actual situation, I’m cautious about throwing stones in their direction. The world simply isn’t set up in a way where only the bad people get screwed over, I’d even say it’s moving further and further away from that at times.

Oh
I wouldn’t be surprised in the least bit if that was a maneuver to prevent his ex from taking everything. Only reason I’m leaning in that route is because one of my dad’s best friends had a business making and selling bird gyms, used for rehabilitating injured birds, he was going through a divorce, dad gets a phone call saying his buddy needed our help with something. We get to the shop and his buddy loosely explains how he needs my father to purchase everything from him for $5000 and immediately move it to another location as he needed the money for lawyer fees and his wife’s lawyer was coming for everything the guy owned.

A few months after the divorce was over, his friend gave him the money back and set up the shop in a new location. He was fortunate in that he was only building extra stock at the time and not a large order because they went through all his statements/e-mails/orders. They got a pile of scrap wood out of it all. :rofl

In Sean’s case, if that was the situation, you can’t exactly disclose you’re doing something like that. “Hey guys, my bad but my divorce is kicking my ass and I’m selling all your stuff to a buddy of mine, but don’t worry, as soon as the divorce is finalized I’ll buy it all back, finish it and we’re good to go! Talk to you in a few months!”

And just playing further devil’s advocate, the first month sh*t hit the fan in my divorce, I barely had enough will for self-preservation, it was everything I could do to not off myself during that time and we had already agreed on the terms of the divorce, so without knowing someone’s actual situation, I’m cautious about throwing stones in their direction. The world simply isn’t set up in a way where only the bad people get screwed over, I’d even say it’s moving further and further away from that at times.
not arguing but politely counter-pointing :
Understand what ur saying but i disagree. He should have said simply “due to circumstances out of my control, all
aspects of the lovepedal business are on hiatus. More info to come in the coming months” - boom done.

Plus i still am of the position that, hey thats great for him and all, but what about the dozens of people where he possessed their money or property

The thing is, u see it from the perspective of the primary party whereas im more concerned about the ancillary parties that are impacted by the actions of the primary. Disregarding collateral damage to external parties isnt “ok”. Same with all the amp and pedal makers that took deposits and closed up shop the past few years.

Its technically illegal.

Aren't you the dude who felt morally obligated to post links and info about his personal legal proceedings
on line, in a public forum?

Aren't you the dude who felt morally obligated to post links and info about his personal legal proceedings
on line, in a public forum?
No some other dude did that
I dont believe in moral obligation btw

I was in the thread where it was discussed, as were dozens of other users

Should i have even brought it up here? Prob not. Oh well.

Oh

Understand what ur saying but i disagree. He should have said simply “due to circumstances out of my control, all
aspects of the lovepedal business are on hiatus. More info to come in the coming months” - boom done.

Plus i still am of the position that, hey thats great for him and all, but what about the dozens of people where he possessed their money or property

The thing is, u see it from the perspective of the primary party whereas im more concerned about the ancillary parties that are impacted by the actions of the primary. Disregarding collateral damage to external parties isnt “ok”. Same with all the amp and pedal makers that took deposits and closed up shop the past few years.

Its technically illegal.

I can’t really disagree with that, I definitely didn’t mean to infer it was perfectly fine to leave customers on the hook like that, just that there easily could have been a reason he went that route to avoid as much loss as possible. I never heard anything about this until this thread, surprisingly. I’ve only had one interaction with Sean and that was when I was ensuring my order went through because the confirmation page 404’d, so I definitely don’t have any special treatment POV’s towards him, I just REALLY love the awesome pedals for $100!

Is this all pro bono work. Do you have a spreadsheet of all the people who were left
in the lurch. Jesus. :facepalm

To be fair; if someone was on here chatting up another brand, I would want to get all angles of that story as well. Whether the angles existed or not certainly is up the person doing the research. "Research"(?)

Last edited:
Oh

Its technically illegal.
Was said money returned? If so; case closed.

Really? That's going too far, JT. That kind of comparison is WAY off the mark.

And that's the problem with someone who comes in with shit-stained hands
and then proceeds to make everything smelly and then no one knows
where the shit came from and who brought it. TD has had an axe to grind with
LP for years now. No idea why it is so personal for him and poses like some
Robin Hood trying to spare others from being wounded.

He just found a new place to take a shit so that is what he is doing.

• Hmm
Reactions: JT

And that's the problem with someone who comes in with s**t-stained hands
where the s**t came from and who brought it. TD has had an axe to grind with

He just found a new place to take a s**t so that is what he is doing.
I changed the name to remove the stigma from that other *confirmed* turd ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I’m just going to keep playing Devil’s Advocate in this thread :ROFLMAO:

Like I said, this is the first I’ve seen of any of this stuff involving Lovepedal and for the same reasons I harp against NDSP regularly, I think it’s good the public knows about the possible issues that can arise with a company. Within this thread, I don’t think he was going overboard since I was engaging the conversation more than he was.

I’m baked, so I just want everyone to get along and be happy Sean is making pedals again and seems to be doing it consistently. I was actually wondering a few weeks ago if this SNS thing was a better situation for him; buy all the parts ahead of time for a specific amount and a few extras in case of failure in the future, take all the orders for them, build them over the next month and you’re good. No getting in above your head or making crazy waitlists that are 10-years long. I’m certainly content with this, you never know what you’re going to get but they’re dirt cheap for a small pedal company and sound f*cking great.

I’m just going to keep playing Devil’s Advocate in this thread :ROFLMAO:

Like I said, this is the first I’ve seen of any of this stuff involving Lovepedal and for the same reasons I harp against NDSP regularly, I think it’s good the public knows about the possible issues that can arise with a company. Within this thread, I don’t think he was going overboard since I was engaging the conversation more than he was.

I’m baked, so I just want everyone to get along and be happy Sean is making pedals again and seems to be doing it consistently. I was actually wondering a few weeks ago if this SNS thing was a better situation for him; buy all the parts ahead of time for a specific amount and a few extras in case of failure in the future, take all the orders for them, build them over the next month and you’re good. No getting in above your head or making crazy waitlists that are 10-years long. I’m certainly content with this, you never know what you’re going to get but they’re dirt cheap for a small pedal company and sound f*cking great.
I've been narrowly avoiding a purchase for about 6 pages now :rofl I don't know how much longer that can last! :nails

I don't think Lovepedal/Hermida are the best place to go looking for more modern tones
in pedal format. I'd look elsewhere if that was my preferred flavour. They tend to sway
to more of the vintage side of the tonal spectrum. Tweeds, Blackfaces, Fuzzfaces, Tonebenders,
and Plexis with low to medium gain vibes---apart from the fuzz offerings.

What the flying fuck are u talking about bro?
I have zero “problem” w Sean and almost bought a Jubilee yesterday.

Sorry my disagreement with how he handled his hiatus doesnt meet your fanboy needs.

Grow up. You want to chat PM me and we can talk.

Last edited:
Are you coming at me too? I just re-read my posts too - nothing antagonistic. Wtf. I thought u started this place so we could share opinions openly? Or instead of Scott’s opinions i come here and have to work around yours?
I mentioned Vertex in the same sentence and removed that comparison. Calm down.

I don't think Lovepedal/Hermida are the best place to go looking for more modern tones
in pedal format. I'd look elsewhere if that was my preferred flavour. They tend to sway
to more of the vintage side of the tonal spectrum. Tweeds, Blackfaces, Fuzzfaces, Tonebenders,
and Plexis with low to medium gain vibes---apart from the fuzz offerings.
Getting back to topic - i do agree he makes amazing tweed pedals - best ive owned!

I’ve been playing the Gilmour Strat into the Tchula into the GE Dover on a Bassman model all night, the pedals are f*cking awesome alone or stacked. I really didn’t think I’d love the Tchula as much as I do, I don’t use the Bias side really, but I haven’t spent a lot of time with it.

That GE Dover, though, I need like 3 backups before I’m going to feel comfortable. If I ever lost the ability to have that tone I’d be pretty bummed.

Back