Lovepedal ‘Sale’

Ahhh man it sounded good! My biggest problem would be wanting them all for something slightly "different" :hmm :brick:rofl

I enjoy this conundrum. :ROFLMAO:
Man, I wonder if Youtube compression is making those minute differences even more minute?? :LOL:

I have the offset knobs Dover to add to the "They don't sound drastically different hit parade."

I am still excited. Minute differences is our genetic inheritance. :banana

Edit: That GE one is phat. I think I saw Nikki Minaj's ass pop out of it for a second.

Actually, I watched the video in my studio after, I couldn’t hear a difference. As long as a file is uploaded with high quality, YouTube won’t f*ck with it. Sometimes it takes up to 24 hours for the full quality video to fully process while a lesser quality vid holds the spot, but I couldn’t hear anything different between the actual audio in Logic and what came over YouTube.

The speakers you’re listening on will be the biggest difference maker. I can certainly understand not hearing the differences between the 178 and old school based on the speakers it’s heard on. Thankfully you’ll have one tomorrow!

Actually, I watched the video in my studio after, I couldn’t hear a difference. As long as a file is uploaded with high quality, YouTube won’t f*ck with it. Sometimes it takes up to 24 hours for the full quality video to fully process while a lesser quality vid holds the spot, but I couldn’t hear anything different between the actual audio in Logic and what came over YouTube.

The speakers you’re listening on will be the biggest difference maker. I can certainly understand not hearing the differences between the 178 and old school based on the speakers it’s heard on. Thankfully you’ll have one tomorrow!
So what exactly is the black pedal on the left?

So what exactly is the black pedal on the left?

That’s the Germanium Dover Drive. I’m guessing the main ones use silicone transistors and this one got germanium, it’s easily my favorite one.

I think the best way to display the differences in them would be to get them dialed in with a specific amp/tone that really highlights the subtle differences and pair it with that. They’re so reactive to the amps they‘re played into and the Volume/Tone/Gain knobs are VERY interactive, almost like an active EQ on an amp. Turn the volume up past 9 o’clock and the mids start shifting, roll back the gain and instead of the mids shifting it’s the treble, stuff like that.

Overall, there’s just this extra awesome floating around the notes in each pedal that’s unique to each one.

That’s the Germanium Dover Drive. I’m guessing the main ones use silicone transistors and this one got germanium, it’s easily my favorite one.

I think the best way to display the differences in them would be to get them dialed in with a specific amp/tone that really highlights the subtle differences and pair it with that. They’re so reactive to the amps they‘re played into and the Volume/Tone/Gain knobs are VERY interactive, almost like an active EQ on an amp. Turn the volume up past 9 o’clock and the mids start shifting, roll back the gain and instead of the mids shifting it’s the treble, stuff like that.

Overall, there’s just this extra awesome floating around the notes in each pedal that’s unique to each one.
I have so much not necessary gear crap brewing I need another pedal rabbit hole like a, well; hole in my head :oops: :bag

I have so much not necessary gear crap brewing I need another pedal rabbit hole like a, well; hole in my head :oops: :bag

Hahahah I hear ya there! If I were to gig right now, I probably wouldn’t even use these. This all just started as a side-hobby to dig into the Gilmour/EJ tones with an analog rig. I’m in no rush to have it finalized because I don’t *need* any of it and now it’s like a ‘once you know about it, you’re f*cked because you won‘t want to turn back’, but it keeps things fun from a gear-nerd perspective.

I could hear differences. Not massive. But still there. The GE seemed just a little phatter---maybe it
was the Bias.... but GE trannies do tend to be a bit warmer/girthier than Si trannies, in my experience.

Maybe it is just the power of my own suggestive, pre-determined assumptions, too. :LOL:

I could hear differences. Not massive. But still there. The GE seemed just a little phatter---maybe it
was the Bias.... but GE trannies do tend to be a bit warmer/girthier than Si trannies, in my experience.

Maybe it is just the power of my own suggestive, pre-determined assumptions, too. :LOL:

Nah, I agree with ya completely. Even through my studio monitors, when I’d get to lower notes on the GE it was very noticeable in the room. It’s no different through actual guitar speakers. To the point I was wondering the other night how much bass in the amp I’d have to dial back to make up for it in a live situation.

I hadn’t received a shipping notification for my last order but it’s been a few weeks, I NEVER check my mail because it’s always just junk mail, but figured I’d check this morning juuuuust in case and…

C009BC14-DEDA-4605-90E6-8CF8F39D6BBB.jpeg

Now I have to sit here all day at work wondering how these sound!!!! Damnit!!!!

I hadn’t received a shipping notification for my last order but it’s been a few weeks, I NEVER check my mail because it’s always just junk mail, but figured I’d check this morning juuuuust in case and…

View attachment 2309

Now I have to sit here all day at work wondering how these sound!!!! Damnit!!!!
Nice! Love the red!

Nice! Love the red!

They’re sitting in my work bag under my feet, I keep peeking down and saying “A few more hours, buddies.”

Hopefully this hurricane shuts down work for a day so I can spend a good amount of time with them. Now I REALLY need to make another pedalboard.

I've had a Lovepedal Zendrive for a few years that I bought during one of their previous sales. To me it's just OK; far from my favorite

At the same time I placed my order, my buddy ordered the Lovepedal Jubilee. I like that pedal so much more than the Zendrive

I've had a Lovepedal Zendrive for a few years that I bought during one of their previous sales. To me it's just OK; far from my favorite

At the same time I placed my order, my buddy ordered the Lovepedal Jubilee. I like that pedal so much more than the Zendrive

They turned me into a fanboy with the Dover Drives, these are the first ones I’ve bought that aren’t Dovers.

I tend to look at dirt pedals like spices or condoms; I’d rather have a bunch on hand when I don’t need them then none on hand when I do need them. For $100 it’s hard to go wrong with these, it’s like buying a boo-teek pedal for used Boss prices.

I listened to a couple different clips of comparisons between the white and red Zen’s, I definitely preferred the red so that was good timing on my part, but I have no clue how it’ll sound with my Strats, which is all that really matters. I’m hoping that stacking the Tchula and the Zen or the Tchula and a Dover does what I’m aiming for, I’ll find out in a few hours!

The Red Zen is not a Robben Ford in a box style Zendrive.

Lot meatier, dirtier, and throatier. Some folks diss Sean for making variations,
but I like it and applaud the effort. They are all a bit different and what works
for one guy won't work for another.

The Tchula is like adding a touch sensitive and dynamic 2 channel preamp out in
front of your amp. I think you'll love that one, Drew.

And yeah, $100 a pop. Nuts!

The Red Zen is not a Robben Ford in a box style Zendrive.

Lot meatier, dirtier, and throatier. Some folks diss Sean for making variations,
but I like it and applaud the effort. They are all a bit different and what works
for one guy won't work for another.

The Tchula is like adding a touch sensitive and dynamic 2 channel preamp out in
front of your amp. I think you'll love that one, Drew.

And yeah, $100 a pop. Nuts!

I LOVE the variations, especially at $100 a pop!

The gripe I’ve often had with pedals is that what you see is what you get, minus a bias adjustment or internal DIP switches if they have them, so having a variation that does the same core thing but in a slightly different way is f*ckin’ gold.

I listened to a couple different clips of comparisons between the white and red Zen’s, I definitely preferred the red so that was good timing on my part, but I have no clue how it’ll sound with my Strats, which is all that really matters. I’m hoping that stacking the Tchula and the Zen or the Tchula and a Dover does what I’m aiming for, I’ll find out in a few hours!

I definitely prefer my Zendrive with single coils; to me the pedal leans in the dark and smooth direction which makes it pair much better with SC's rather than buckers

All in my opinion of course!

I dunno much anything about all the different versions of the Zendrive; I assume they probably vary quite a bit.

This is what mine looks like:

44255901_10217659804666220_2570870881110720512_n.jpg

I definitely prefer my Zendrive with single coils; to me the pedal leans in the dark and smooth direction which makes it pair much better with SC's rather than buckers

All in my opinion of course!

I dunno much anything about all the different versions of the Zendrive; I assume they probably vary quite a bit.

This is what mine looks like:

44255901_10217659804666220_2570870881110720512_n.jpg

Your opinions are also my opinions!

I was just trippin’ out over how great these things work with single coils; even on the bridge pickup with the tone knob fully open, it’s not thin or stringy sounding at all. The entire reason I started going down a pedal rabbit hole again was because I‘m having my gear mid-life crisis and started going for stuff that made me want to start playing to begin with, Gilmour and EJ tones/Strats/pedals.

i bought three during his sales...

dover drive
zendrive
tchula

haven't plugged them in yet, but i used to have a zendrive way back when so i know what to expect.

I really love the Tchula, going into just a clean channel I could easily keep that as an always-on pedal because it cleans up so well with touch/rolling the volume back. If you go back a couple pages you'll see my infatuation with the Dover Drives, I still need to find out what other versions exist to get my hands on them.

The Zen is a good all around pedal, wouldn't mind having a mid control on it though. All three pedals can be stacked onto each other while equally being used individually without touching the settings. It's almost impossible to make them sound bad and it's remarkable how thick they are with single coils.

Back