Lovepedal ‘Sale’

If the Dover drive is anything like the tube driver in the Helix, it should sound great.

The tube driver just sings with both pickups.

I may have pranced about my apartment for a moment when I got home-

94CC36A0-DFA0-4CCC-AEBF-EC36DD1CE628.jpeg

Just gave them a quick A/B; I’m going to have to check to see if I put the bias back to stock on the Germanium because there’s definitely a big difference between these. I may have left it cranked a bit when I tweaked it. The germanium gets into Fuzz Face territory on the high notes, maybe better than the Fuzz Face, but this old school one doesn’t get all that fuzzy at all.

I f*cking love it. Turning the Gain down to 10-11 ‘0 clock and you’re right there in Gilmour’s Division Bell tones. I’m a bit gooey right now. These are both going on a board as mainstays.

Last edited:
They are different, too. I discussed it with Sean a few years back. He asked me if I heard
any differences without telling me they were different. He tried tricking me! :LOL:

I just assumed they were the same. There is just a tad more forward mids on the one
with the Offset knobs, and a little tighter low-end. Something, something about how
the JFETS were tuned--as I recall.

Attachments

• 20220717_195146.jpg
    20220717_195146.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 18
They are different, too. I discussed it with Sean a few years back. He asked me if I heard
any differences without telling me they were different. He tried tricking me! :LOL:

I just assumed they were the same. There is just a tad more forward mids on the one
with the Offset knobs, and a little tighter low-end. Something, something about how
the JFETS were tuned--as I recall.

I think $200 is going to be the top price I’m willing to pay for a dirt pedal, regardless of how much I love them. If I find one at that price or lower, I’ll snag it but only after I collect the other variants with bigger differences.

I didn’t even really feel like playing last night but couldn’t stop after plugging that thing in. I’ve been slowly learning “Marooned” over the last month, now that I got this old school DD I’m pretty amped up to finish learning it to do a proper cover of it because that damn pedal just NAILS that tone. Same for his lead tone in “Poles Apart” and “A Great Day For Freedom”.

If I didn’t have two staff members call out and both my assistant and property manager out of town, I’d have called out today just so I could play all day with that thing!

I sat down in my studio tonight to make a quick demo of the two pedals side by side but man, dialing in presets with pedals is ENTIRELY different between studio monitors and actual guitar cabs. I was trying to dial in a tone that worked great clean and also allowed the pedal to do it’s thing, I was not successful but I only gave it 20 mins. My Gilmour Strat needed a truss rod tweak and new strings, I was playing like ass to begin with so I just took care of the Strat.

Then once I was done that I plugged the pedals into my FM9 rig; instant gratification. I made a new preset, just a Bassman that only breaks up if you smack the strings hard enough and works great with both DD’s. The Germanium is absolutely way more fuzzed out than the regular DD in the coolest damn way. It’s like this sizzle/air around the notes and easily the closest I can get to my favorite EJ lead tone.

The regular DD I’d be able to use as a main drive for rock/classic rock and the definition in the lower notes is much clearer and doesn’t flub out unless you crank the volume too much. I just set them so there’s no volume jump from off to on. My favorite tones with that one are with the gain around 9 ’o clock.

What’s really interesting about both is the knob interaction; it’s almost like an active EQ where one knob has a big effect on the other. Cranking the treble doesn’t really bring make it brighter but brings out more of the fuzz aspects, same goes with the volume. Lots of interaction with the front end of an amp, even being a model. That’s impressive on Fractal’s part, but really opens up a ton of possibilities with those pedals.

I then spent an hour saying “I love you, man” to both my Strats, back and forth, like a drunk dude in a bar. That small truss rod adjustment i made on the Gilmour Strat and it just plays sooooo f*cking good….they both feel great to play but the tones coming out of them are just stupid. I’ve never been so happy with my guitar tones before, I just need to start writing music that incorporates this stuff.

Last edited:
Back