Lovepedal ‘Sale’

Yup. Longer. As long as I can remember to be honest. 10+ years. :idk

The stock is somewhat stable, and also rotates a little.

Zendrive. It’s been a long time since I had one and I’m thinking about picking up a new one.

I’m also interested in the Eternity, but I get so confused on all the versions and I can’t remember what the burst was like
Well those do require an amp no ? last i heard you were gearless except guitars ,
what did you get for an amp ? :D

Zendrive. It’s been a long time since I had one and I’m thinking about picking up a new one.

I’m also interested in the Eternity, but I get so confused on all the versions and I can’t remember what the burst was like

I love the Zendrive! I've been using it since it first dropped.

The Eternity was more of a mixed bag for me. I felt it worked well with my Strat but not as well with my Les Paul. I eventually sold it with no regrets.

I’ve got the red Zendrive and regularly get surprised at the different applications it can sit in. Right now I have it in front of the Shiva, the Drive is around 9 o’clock, volume is a pinch over unity, it sounds great always-on or using it as a boost. The Tone and Voice knobs really let you dial it in to retain the voice of both the guitar and amp if that‘s the goal.

I think about 4x last week I caught myself playing some really low gain tones on the humbucker of the Orville with the Zen and felt I was getting dangerously close to ordering a pair of tan pants.

I’ve got the red Zendrive and regularly get surprised at the different applications it can sit in. Right now I have it in front of the Shiva, the Drive is around 9 o’clock, volume is a pinch over unity, it sounds great always-on or using it as a boost. The Tone and Voice knobs really let you dial it in to retain the voice of both the guitar and amp if that‘s the goal.

I think about 4x last week I caught myself playing some really low gain tones on the humbucker of the Orville with the Zen and felt I was getting dangerously close to ordering a pair of tan pants.

Guilty as charged, I'm wearing tan pants right now!

How would you describe the difference between the red Zendrive and the original? I've only played using the original.

I had one of the original Zendrives back in the day and I remember really liking it. It’s a versatile pedal.

I’m curious if the new ones are just like the originals or if they’ve tweaked the circuit since then

I’ve got the red Zendrive...the Drive is around 9 o’clock, volume is a pinch over unity, it sounds great always-on or using it as a boost.

I liked it best with the Drive set fairly low as well. 9:00 or lower. It added some natural sounding overdrive to my HRD that I actually preferred to using its gain channel.

Eventually I found that if I kept the drive (never "More Drive") really low on the HRD and fiddled with it wiggling the knob back and forth quite a bit to find its sweet spot that I could get some usable overdrive from the amp but it was so much easier with the Zendrive.

My main three drive pedals were the Zendrive for overdrive, a BB Preamp for Marshall style crunch, and a MI Audio Megalith Delta for high gain tones. Between the three pictured below (not mine) I had all the bases covered that I tended to use.

53463764221_be7eb437f7_z.jpg

Guilty as charged, I'm wearing tan pants right now!

How would you describe the difference between the red Zendrive and the original? I've only played using the original.

I think I broke it down here on the Forum before. Probably in this thread. I'll go look.

Great story and pics! :beer

There are differences for sure. YOu have the OG Zedndrive and seem to dig it. I'd hang onto
and keep it.

The Zendrives that came out after the licensing agreement between Lovepedal and Hermida
are different, both in terms of gain and feel.

If I can trust myself here I would say in terms of gain range, from low to high, I would go with
something like this:

Vanilla/White Zendrive
Gold Zen/Zendrive II
OG/Original Zendrive
Red Zendrive
Black Magic Zendrive

White and Gold are low to medium. OG I would say is medium. Red and Black Magic are higher gain ranges.

@Stratzrus

I had one of the original Zendrives back in the day and I remember really liking it. It’s a versatile pedal.

I’m curious if the new ones are just like the originals or if they’ve tweaked the circuit since then

They should be the same. That variations and tweaks are in the different colours---of which there are 4 (white/vanilla, gold, red, black).

None of those are listed on the Lovepedal main page. They do come up on the sale page, though.

New pedals up!

I’m actually going to skip this round. The Fuzz50 and Believe pedals are really, really temping, but I’m holding myself firm to the order of pedals I want to get first and I should be intelligent and finally sell that damn DRRI before buying anything else.

I'm contemplating getting an Axe FX II XL or III, and selling off most of my pedals. Nothing here really tempts me.

If the form factor isn't an issue for you, get the III. You won't regret it even if you have to pinch pennies for a while.

When I got mine I had to live off Ramen noodles three or four days a week for a month (okay I added chicken or ham with green onions but still...). Not a moment of second guessing my decision to get it.

Back