Lovepedal ‘Sale’

EJ has always had a wide gap between his clean, dirty rhythm, and lead tones. Sometimes it
registers as a bit harsh, abrupt, and not entirely seamless. To me.

:sofa

What, you mean the ultra bright/cranked treble/no mids Twins to the treble-knob-literally-off on the lead Marshall is a bit jarring?

I can see that, I just love every tone that dude used until a little after ‘00 when he started drying things up a bit. It all works great in the studio, but live I’m sure it’s a bitch getting 3 different rigs + P.A. working nice night after night. EJ is also just as much of a nostalgic figure to me as Gilmour is, so it’s really hard for me to be objectionable about those tones, this is as good as I can get. :rofl

What, you mean the ultra bright/cranked treble/no mids Twins to the treble-knob-literally-off on the lead Marshall is a bit jarring?

I can see that, I just love every tone that dude used until a little after ‘00 when he started drying things up a bit. It all works great in the studio, but live I’m sure it’s a bitch getting 3 different rigs + P.A. working nice night after night. EJ is also just as much of a nostalgic figure to me as Gilmour is, so it’s really hard for me to be objectionable about those tones, this is as good as I can get. :rofl

For me, he has the most diverse array of tones in one package of any guitarist in recent memory. Each
is just so unique---whereas a Page or Van Halen live would just basically stick with a single viable tone
and ride their volume all night for variations in gain and texture. Not EJ. Fuzzface in yo face! Followed
up by pristine cleans drenched in Echoplex-rich repeats.

The Bonetender rips. Also somewhat surprised at the volume knob cleanup with my tele.

Not sold on the vibe yet, need to put it through its paces though. Only had a few minutes with it this morning.

Sunday Night Sale commencing....

Hahahahahahahahahahah dude, I narrowly escaped with a single delay pedal in my cart. I had to stop reading the descriptions when I almost put the black Zen in my cart, I just went and checked out with the delay immediately. :rofl

Damn, that Kalamazoo sounds pretty great, as does the Amp and the Eleven......but NO!

Last edited:
Hahahahahahahahahahah dude, I narrowly escaped with a single delay pedal in my cart. I had to stop reading the descriptions when I almost put the black Zen in my cart, I just went and checked out with the delay immediately. :rofl

Damn, that Kalamazoo sounds pretty great, as does the Amp and the Eleven......but NO!

But..... but..... but.... I thought you said earlier..... that...... you were..... ????? :idk

:rofl

Just ordered my first (and second) Lovepedal. Kalamazoo & Purple Plexi soon will be heading my way. :rawk

That PP is pure fire! :banana

I love Marshalls more than any other kind of amp and if I could have
a single, small form-factor pedal that was Marshall inspired it would
be the PP. :beer

But..... but..... but.... I thought you said earlier..... that...... you were..... ????? :idk

:rofl

I SAID I WASN’T BUYING ANYTHING BUT A DELAY PEDAL AND THAT’S WHAT I BOUGHT NOW SHUT UP! :ROFLMAO:

I’ll still get the Belle Epoch……more is more and all. I’ve wanted a Lovepedal delay just to have one because I clearly dig the brand, that was my bending before I pull the trigger on the Belle. Or the pickups I’ll get first.

Been an hot minute since I have seen a Delay up on one of the sales, so Sean must have heard
you beseeching the Gear Gods, Drew. :beer

Just from recollection, but I don't recall anything with Tap Tempo from Lovepedal/Hermida
apart from the Tap Tremelo. :idk

ryqd5ai2khwlenx2e4sd.jpg

I would have grabbed that delay in a heartbeat if it had a tap tempo.

The tap tempo was why I decided on the Belle Epoch Deluxe, but then I got the idea to change pickups in my Edwards and that’s a bit higher up the priority scale now than the Epoch…..but I couldn’t reasonably say ”No” to a $100 Lovepedal delay, especially a multitap, regardless of the lack of tap tempo.

Hahahaha none of the stuff I’m buying with pedals is need-based, I’m just giving myself reasons to panic when I retire and look at my bank account.

The tap tempo was why I decided on the Belle Epoch Deluxe, but then I got the idea to change pickups in my Edwards and that’s a bit higher up the priority scale now than the Epoch…..but I couldn’t reasonably say ”No” to a $100 Lovepedal delay, especially a multitap, regardless of the lack of tap tempo.

Hahahaha none of the stuff I’m buying with pedals is need-based, I’m just giving myself reasons to panic when I retire and look at my bank account.
Yeah a name brand $100 delay might even be a unicorn at this point. Excited to hear your impressions.

It's much more gained up, and has less of that clean blend going on that the JMP has.

Not pulling your leg either. JMP is more of that Superlead thing going on, while Purple
Plexi gets into JCM800 tones up near the top range of the gain.

Quite a different gain structure going on with those two, in my experience.

This help?? :idk

It hangs with the big boys when it comes to Marshall In A Box tones. Slightly more
versatile than the JMP, because it has a wider range of gain available. :beer

Back