Line 6 POD Express

How do I control this thing with only five knobs? Hold ALT and turn the knobs

giphy.gif

Man, that amp selection is legit better than pretty much all other "amp-in-a-box" pedals out there.

If you can live with a plastic enclosure, at $180 the POD Express is by far the best value in that market segment now.

Agreed. Even from the Fluff demo I thought the presets sounded strong enough to think Line 6 is pretty much slaying it for the price point.

Have to see it in person, but I kinda like the plastic for this.

Yeah, my point is that reliability might be of concern for someone who gigs on a daily basis. But for the bedroom player? As a backup? Those wanting to silently noodle at night?

Damnit. I'll probably end up buying one.

The Cartographer's a Marshall with a buncha mods, ain't it?

Are these amp models the same as Catalyst's + LEAD? Or slightly different?
Looks slightly different, wonder why they didn't just go with Catalyst models... Litigator instead of Aristocrat. And Crunch here is a Friedman while Crunch on the Catalyst is the Voltage inspired by Victoria Electro-King? Kinda confusing...
Sound Design did the curation. The goal was to choose 7 amps that could cover the widest variety of sounds without breaking the DSP bank. If one's asking "where's the Marshall?" or "Where's the Mesa?" they're not the customer. In the end, you're not dialing in a Friedman with a Friedman in mind; you're dialing in a CRUNCH sound. (Otherwise, we would've silked "PLACATER" on the top panel.)

We only put the amp list in the manual so someone wouldn't spin cycles trying to figure out which models we used.

This release is timely.

I might be moving between countries soon. My Axe-Fx will be packed away in a shipping container for the best part of 3 months as it crosses the oceans.

I was looking for something that was portable with decent models + FX and a headphone jack that I could use at the other end whilst waiting for my belongings to arrive. The POD Express Guitar pedal could well be it!

Bidding Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

Or some people don't like/prefer some amps/models because their ears tell them that they don't.

What a novel concept!! :LOL:

Back