Line 6 POD Express

Sorry if it's been mentioned but... This is basically Helix effects and models, except they are... Downsampled versions? Is that right? If I played the express models next to the helix, would the average Joe be able to tell any difference?

Sorry if it's been mentioned but... This is basically Helix effects and models, except they are... Downsampled versions? Is that right? If I played the express models next to the helix, would the average Joe be able to tell any difference?

The Amps in the Pod Go Express are identical to the Amps in the current full Pod Go -and- the Full Helix pre-FW 3.10 Amps.

The change from FW 3.10 in the Helix Amps was the across the board improvements to oversampling which ... to my ears ... quite noticeably reduced the high end artifacts that -some- used to previously describe as the "squirrels".

The Pod Go does not have the DSP Power to run these "new better over sampled" algorithms and never will.

So there really is nothing "down-sampled" ... they are the full Pod Go / pre-FW 3.10 Helix algorithms.

Some -like me- noticed a big difference immediately ..... others .... swear they cant tell the difference.

For $179 its just a stupid cheap no-brainer buy.

A/B tested next to each other, I think the difference is definetely there .... but as I said, others disagree ..... "average Joe" will just hear a great guitar tone.

Nothing at all for you to worry about. If you want/need one .... buy it and enjoy ..... it is in my mind a genuine game-changer product in the modelling world.

Ben

wish this was around 9 months ago when I bought a friggen pod hd :LOL:
hey arnold nicksplat GIF

That whole scenario I thought I needed it for never really ended up happening so its basically just a bean shaped paper weight now :LOL: I do use it from time to time for scratch track stuff to send to bandmates

If the whole silent practice thing did ever end up having to happen I'd definitely be grabbing one of these though

Got mine today. I’ve never kept a Line 6 product before. I’ll see if this is any different.

The form factor might be why. I love the idea of old transistor radio sized gadgets that sound great with headphones.

Anybody remember the Korg Pandora? Neat idea but the tones? 😖

Got mine today. I’ve never kept a Line 6 product before. I’ll see if this is any different.

The form factor might be why. I love the idea of old transistor radio sized gadgets that sound great with headphones.

Anybody remember the Korg Pandora? Neat idea but the tones? 😖
Post your thoughts when you can! I cancelled my Boss IR-2 order, and am debating picking this up instead.

Man, I listened to Ola’s demo of the IR-2 last night and it sounded terrible for higher gain tones! Looking forward to jamming the Pod Express when it gets here.

Well, I tried it. Just not for me. Not gonna get into why as I know there are Line 6 guys who love their gear. And if they dig it and play more as a result, I truly think that’s wonderful.

In an attempt to be fair about it, I unboxed a new Atomic Amplifier-Box Mark II. Untweaked and untouched fresh out of the box and tried it to see if I was having an off day or was biased. To me, it immediately sounded much better and made me smile.
If still on sale for $249, I think it’s a much better deal and product. Not Fractal level tone but certainly up there. Prefer it to the Iridium as well. A tight unit IMO. Wish it had Aux in.

Just my opinion. If you need modulation the Line 6 might better suit you.

You say that NOW, but I freaking just know that the minute I buy one you guys will release a limited edition with a machined, anodized aluminum case…. :hmm
Heh. :idea Actually a good idea.

(Wow - finally got to use the idea emoji!)

Third party designs, manufactures, and sells the identical case but fabbed in aluminum so that the electronics would drop right in, add in low cost overseas manufacture cost and sell a gazillion. Or maybeca few dozen Whatever. Details, details...

I have a client for whom I'm doing some pedal electronics design, think I'll run it by him and see what he thinks...:crazy

Back