Kyle Bull

Kyle; I saw on FB you picked up one of the St. James amps. Any word on when a vid will drop for it? My reflexive internet stoked dislike for Blackstar amps aside; I am still super curious on this line.
Vomit Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

I had a prosonic 2x10 combo for a while. It was loud as fuck no matter where you had the volume knob. You could either get great cleans or a nice, saturated chugga chugga metal tone…. but only one at a time due to the shared eq controls. It as always a balancing act and felt like a constant compromise between the clean and dirt channels. The novelty wore off pretty quickly.

Hey all!
New forum member here. Name is Kyle. I'm an amp and cab/speaker nut/collector and have frequented other forums for over 10 years now. I also have a YouTube channel primarialy focusing on high gain thrash/hardcore tones and amp/pedal showcase type videos.
I enjoy your YouTube channel. You always give the real scoop on whatever gear you’re playing.

What kind of new stuff are you looking to show off in 2023?

That's one that I own. Which is why I say those who slag on Blackstar have an extremely limited range of
experience to draw from. :hmm

"They" can still hurl their stones, though. ;)
Okay, sorry. Anything from any series that isn't the Series One or Artisan, at which point I'd just buy a Mesa anyway. There, happy? :D

Back to bitter and opinionated. Trying to decide if that was actually missed or not over
the past few days. :idk

Kyle, just watched your video on the new 5150 this morning.
What's it all about with the Sheffield speakers?
I always thought the 5150 Sheffields were named 1200, not 1230, and always considered the 1230s to be a somewhat cheaper, maybe inferior speaker (although I may of course be totally wrong here...).
Also on the Peavey website the cabs are listed as equipped with V30s...

Maybe you can shed some light on this :-) Also what is different to the "old" 1200s (assuming they have been made the same since 1992 or whenever they came out). Thanks a lot!

Kyle, just watched your video on the new 5150 this morning.
What's it all about with the Sheffield speakers?
I always thought the 5150 Sheffields were named 1200, not 1230, and always considered the 1230s to be a somewhat cheaper, maybe inferior speaker (although I may of course be totally wrong here...).
Also on the Peavey website the cabs are listed as equipped with V30s...

Maybe you can shed some light on this :-) Also what is different to the "old" 1200s (assuming they have been made the same since 1992 or whenever they came out). Thanks a lot!
@KyleBull laughter while playing that thing says a lot. When you are laughing while playing tremolo picked riffs; you know the amp is good :satan:guiness:satan

Just watched your Peavy 6505 1992 Episode and man does that thing ever sound amazing!!!
an excellent review/episode
:chef

Last edited:
Back