Kyle Bull

Welcome! Dig your channel!

Those 1960BX cabs are :chef I had one with a Tremoverb for a bit and I (unsurprisingly) sold it. Ugh.

Here's one for you. If you (for whatever reason lost your pedalboard in transit or forgot it in the band trailer wtfever) and couldn't get to it; what amp could you play and get by without a boost?

Welcome! Dig your channel!

Those 1960BX cabs are :chef I had one with a Tremoverb for a bit and I (unsurprisingly) sold it. Ugh.

Here's one for you. If you (for whatever reason lost your pedalboard in transit or forgot it in the band trailer wtfever) and couldn't get to it; what amp could you play and get by without a boost?
Easy.
5150II/6505+ or 5150 III - Any model. Right hand technique with these amps goes further than people give it credit for. I can dial up the gain, roll back the resonance and leave the bass EQ dialed around 6, and just adjust my palm mutes to be ever so slightly more towards the pickup and it's as tight as I need it!

For a less conventional answer - Omega Granophyre, Revv Generator 100p/120 MKIII or Engl Savage MKI or MKII. All 3 of these amps are stupidly tight even with a boost and have plenty of saturation to get by!

I forgot the other most important question. Beyond pickles (gross; all of them)....

What are your thoughts on the (un)Official TGF Amp; the Mesa Boogie Badlander? (And are you in the market for a 50 watter?) :bag

I forgot the other most important question. Beyond pickles (gross; all of them)....

What are your thoughts on the (un)Official TGF Amp; the Mesa Boogie Badlander? (And are you in the market for a 50 watter?) :bag
HAHA. I'm tempted to buy yours on the price alone, that's a great value!

BUT, I already have one! I was actually one of the first non-pro Youtuber guys (at the time, my channel was less than a month old when I got the amp) to demo the amp. I still love it! In fact, I use it in the video I am uploading today for a new OCD style overdrive.

A Rectifier, it is not. I can get the voicing close, but it has nowhere near the massive wall of sound low end that a traditional rectifier has. I love the upper mids on it, lower mids are kind of boxy and weird, especially when you tune down. The crunch channel with a Mesa Grid Slammer to boost it is one of my favorite thrash tones on any amp.

2 pedals in the loop have changed it for me forever though. The Guptech pDEQ and Parametric EQ. The pDEQ is essentially an eq pedal that acts as a resonance and presence control. the Badlander, IMO, sorely needs a resonance control on the power section to add in some lower frequenices or depth that it's naturally missing to make it more versatile. The Parametric EQ obviously just allows you to shape the voice of the amp a little more, so I tend to remove some of those lower mids I'm not in love with and BAM - the only things I don't like about it are fixed for me and it's one of my favorite amps in existence!

HAHA. I'm tempted to buy yours on the price alone, that's a great value!

BUT, I already have one! I was actually one of the first non-pro Youtuber guys (at the time, my channel was less than a month old when I got the amp) to demo the amp. I still love it! In fact, I use it in the video I am uploading today for a new OCD style overdrive.

A Rectifier, it is not. I can get the voicing close, but it has nowhere near the massive wall of sound low end that a traditional rectifier has. I love the upper mids on it, lower mids are kind of boxy and weird, especially when you tune down. The crunch channel with a Mesa Grid Slammer to boost it is one of my favorite thrash tones on any amp.

2 pedals in the loop have changed it for me forever though. The Guptech pDEQ and Parametric EQ. The pDEQ is essentially an eq pedal that acts as a resonance and presence control. the Badlander, IMO, sorely needs a resonance control on the power section to add in some lower frequenices or depth that it's naturally missing to make it more versatile. The Parametric EQ obviously just allows you to shape the voice of the amp a little more, so I tend to remove some of those lower mids I'm not in love with and BAM - the only things I don't like about it are fixed for me and it's one of my favorite amps in existence!
Do you have the 50 or the 100? I have both :whistle Agreed pretty much on everything you say. I want to say I read when it initially came out it was designed as a Recto with the pre-boost built in and I agree with that anonymous assessment so much as it is certainly MUCH tighter than your standard Recto. And politely sculpted sounding?

I had an early 2001(?) Dual I bought brand new back in the day and it certainly was much more MASSIVE across the board. I wish I still had it, too; but you know how that goes. I'll have to chuck an EQ in the BL loop and see how it goes! I find I like it up LOUD with the crunch mode and most all of the knobs dimed which is certainly not the usual case for me with older Rectos. It seems to feel less gainy when it's down low but turned up it will comparatively have a ton of usable sizzle :satan

Do you have the 50 or the 100? I have both :whistle Agreed pretty much on everything you say. I want to say I read when it initially came out it was designed as a Recto with the pre-boost built in and I agree with that anonymous assessment so much as it is certainly MUCH tighter than your standard Recto. And politely sculpted sounding?

I had an early 2001(?) Dual I bought brand new back in the day and it certainly was much more MASSIVE across the board. I wish I still had it, too; but you know how that goes. I'll have to chuck an EQ in the BL loop and see how it goes! I find I like it up LOUD with the crunch mode and most all of the knobs dimed which is certainly not the usual case for me with older Rectos. It seems to feel less gainy when it's down low but turned up it will comparatively have a ton of usable sizzle :satan
I have the 50. In a rare case, wish I'd grabbed the 100. The 50 seems to run out of headroom pretty quick at high volumes, much like the old single rectifiers I've owned. not a problem if you are the only guitarist or playing with a band that isn't SUPER loud, but unfortunately those are not my scenarios haha.

Reactions: JT
What do you think of the new 6505s? Notable improvements?
It's going to be subjective, honestly. It's cool they changed over to int'l transformers and detachable power cable, but Peavey really dropped the ball on modernizing the amp a little bit to make a new purchase make sense.

The difference I noticed when comparing the 6505II to my 6505+ was the II seemed a tad more focused and aggressive in the high mids. That's really it, honestly, So it will come down if you want a slightly thicker or slightly more aggressive midrange. But again, differences are minimal.

It's going to be subjective, honestly. It's cool they changed over to int'l transformers and detachable power cable, but Peavey really dropped the ball on modernizing the amp a little bit to make a new purchase make sense.

The difference I noticed when comparing the 6505II to my 6505+ was the II seemed a tad more focused and aggressive in the high mids. That's really it, honestly, So it will come down if you want a slightly thicker or slightly more aggressive midrange. But again, differences are minimal.

I wonder to what degree they may be hesitant to deviate too much from the OG circuit and face backlash. Or, potentially stepping on the toes of the Invective. (Though that amp doesn’t seem to get a ton of visibility)

Good to have it back in production though. I haven’t seen a new 6505 in stock for like 18 months.

Dill pickles or throw em in the trash
Throw Pickle From The Train

anne ramsey 80s GIF by absurdnoise

Most people don't know this but I've spent most of my live overweight. My heaviest was around 265. For context, I've been arounf 165 for the last 2 years. Always struggled with diet and exercise. I'm in the best shape of my life at 34, but I still often notice joint aches and pains when I stray from my diet, which is mostly meat, cheese and vegetables.

I float around 180, and about 10 years ago bulked up to about 210. It was one of those two hours in the gym a day one body part type of things with lots of supplements. I felt very strong and like I just couldn’t get hurt. Cut for me is 170. I wanted to really cut and got down to 160. I felt very weak and was constantly hurting myself and getting joint pains like I never had before. Knees, elbows, wrists, etc. I ended up developing a subluxated patella. I tried joint supplements, shark cartilage, krill oil, collagen powder (you name it) but the only thing that seemed to help was going back up to 180!

Hey all!
New forum member here. Name is Kyle. I'm an amp and cab/speaker nut/collector and have frequented other forums for over 10 years now. I also have a YouTube channel primarialy focusing on high gain thrash/hardcore tones and amp/pedal showcase type videos.

A litlle while back, someone had asked me if I'd like to participate in an Ask Me Anything thread on this forum. I feel like a dick because I had actually agreed to it and then forgotten about it and couldn't remember the forum.....I finally figured out that it was this forum. If you guys are interested, would definitely still love to have the opportunity to do so! If not, no worries.

Happy to have found another forum that hopefully isn't loaded down with holier-than-thou types or people constantly starting pointless arguments for their own entertainment :rofl

Hey welcome brother. I think I have seen all your youtube vids. Great job! I was an instant subscriber.

Welcome!

I honestly haven't watched much of your videos but will check them out. I've seen them pop up on my feed occasionally and I'm like "oh yeah there's muscular metal dude" :D

I can relate to weight struggles as I've been mostly overweight for most of my life (outside of a few awesome years of being skinny in college). I'm trying to eat more meat/cheese/veggies and cut down on carbs and sugars as well. I'll bet the extra sugar in the blood stream not only triggers insulin response but also inflammation, leading to the aches and pains.

Lives in Iowa. Doesn't like pickles or the colour of corn??Next thing you gonna be dissing Pork and we
are going to have to all go in to find a way to usher you to the border for your own safety. :LOL:

No question for you Kyle - just happy to see your success. I started watching your vids from your first Badlander video 2 years ago, and it's been fun to watch you grow your channel.

Hopefully you keep it up, keep diversifying your approach as you have, and keep having fun for sure. Oh and keep clowning on the haters on Facebook, that fun too.

I float around 180, and about 10 years ago bulked up to about 210. It was one of those two hours in the gym a day one body part type of things with lots of supplements. I felt very strong and like I just couldn’t get hurt. Cut for me is 170. I wanted to really cut and got down to 160. I felt very weak and was constantly hurting myself and getting joint pains like I never had before. Knees, elbows, wrists, etc. I ended up developing a subluxated patella. I tried joint supplements, shark cartilage, krill oil, collagen powder (you name it) but the only thing that seemed to help was going back up to 180!
Interesting!
I know people have a natural weight, basically a weight range that their body wants to sty around. When you stay in a certain range for a long time, your body gets comfortable and wants to maintain status quo, so if you cut weight somewhat quickly, your body may have had a hard time adjusting and you werre feeling the side effects of it? Who knows man. Took me 30 years to figure out the right diet for myself and turns out when I stay somewhat ctive and mostly stick to that diet, I have no problem staying right around 165 after years of being of 200 lbs

Back