Kemper Player - 1st [ Paid for ? ] Update coming very soon ?

I guess that’s where we’re different. For $650, the HX Stomp continues to get free updates, and is way more full-featured.
100% agreed.
1727558307176.png

I’ve tried to caveat my posts a handful of times now, if you want/like the Kemper and want it small, the Player and lvl3 makes sense. If you don’t want it small, get the Stage. If you don’t want a Kemper cus it’s old tech and/or sounds donkey, move on.

100% agreed.
View attachment 29589

I’ve tried to caveat my posts a handful of times now, if you want/like the Kemper and want it small, the Player and lvl3 makes sense. If you don’t want it small, get the Stage. If you don’t want a Kemper cus it’s old tech and/or sounds donkey, move on.
I like donkeys.

As in, they’re a peaceful creature. Not as an entree. :rofl

Last edited:
I dont have a dog in the fight, but IMO Where Kemper fucked up is that they should have come up with at least a semi-decent update/upgrade for the toaster at the same time for free and marketed as "since you invested in our flagship model, you still get updates/upgrades for free" with the marketing showing screen and other benefits of the #1 vs player. Also, IMO, if you are an original owner of a Toaster, and you have both products, you should get the update for free.

It's funny as hell though to watch some people who own $5K and up in guitars and gear lose their shit over a $300 update, jus' sayin:rofl

But, I'm only a salesman so what do I know...

I dont have a dog in the fight, but IMO Where Kemper fucked up is that they should have come up with at least a semi-decent update/upgrade for the toaster at the same time for free and marketed as "since you invested in our flagship model, you still get updates/upgrades for free" with the marketing showing screen and other benefits of the #1 vs player. Also, IMO, if you are an original owner of a Toaster, and you have both products, you should get the update for free.

It's funny as hell though to watch some people who own $5K and up in guitars and gear lose their shit over a $300 update, jus' sayin:rofl

But, I'm only a salesman so what do I know...

I haven’t been a toaster user for too long, but since I have owned one they added usb connectivity for DAWs and liquid profiling, both as free updates.
They could have easily created a KPA 2.0 at that time for an easy money grab but instead they just let everyone update their then 10+ year old units. I think that is pretty commendable.

I haven’t been a toaster user for too long, but since I have owned one they added usb connectivity for DAWs and liquid profiling, both as free updates.
They could have easily created a KPA 2.0 at that time for an easy money grab but instead they just let everyone update their then 10+ year old units. I think that is pretty commendable.
After holding USB hostage for 10 years.

Kemper is just trying to react to their falling position. They have felt they don't have to do anything as they dominated their niche until 2021 when the QC released. They just got lucky that the QC had so many issues, and was pretty expensive so it didn't straight up dominate the modeler market, even if it is still the top seller in its category.

This kind of reminds me of my Minnesota Twins. Last year they broke a 20 year winless playoff streak. Everyone in town was super excited for baseball again.

Then the owner came out and said they needed to "right size the business" meaning they were going to cut spending on players, so they let their best pitcher go in free agency and did nothing to replace him.

And then they doubled down by signing a new TV contract with their crappy partner who blacks out games anywhere outside the market, so fans are stuck having to subscribe to cable to watch them. But right when the season started, the TV partner got into a fight with the cable company who stopped showing their games on TV.

So they cut payroll, blacked out games out of market, blacked out games in market, and let the team get worse. The result: massive backlash from the fans who stopped going to games, which was the only other revenue source. They lost half a million ticket sales, right after their best season in 20 years. They were out of sight, out of mind. The players quit on the team too, going from 95% chance to make the playoffs last month to getting eliminated last night.

Now they're going to get stuck in this cycle again...they lost a ton of revenue due to bad attendance, so they will have to cut payroll even more. They didn't invest in a new streaming platform, so fans won't be able to watch from home either. And they'll just dwindle away their market share until they're on the verge of contraction/relocation just like they were 30 years ago.

Back