Kemper Player - 1st [ Paid for ? ] Update coming very soon ?

Simple, just because someone has done something is not proof that everyone must always do it that way. The business model was never produce and sell to the lowest bidders ability to pay.
It has always been balance your profit margin to maintain optimal cash influx.
The market as a whole decides what is viable, not the noisy low bidder.
Name another company that has charged for functionality in their unit the last 10 years.

Expecting free updates is not a false premise. It's been the standard. In a world where it seems you get nickel and dimed for everything, it was only a matter of time before a company got greedy and incorporated it into their gear....didn't think it would be Kemper tho.

But yet, as mentioned in this thread, Line 6 sells the stomp for a fraction of the price of the flagship and not once have you had to pay to unlock functionality.

There is enough of a price cushion with how Line 6 tiers their products imo. Kemper failed on this.
Line 6 sells you tiered functionality products instead. I’d pay to have amp modeling in HX Effects, but they released the Stomp XL instead. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Line 6 sells you tiered functionality products instead. I’d pay to have amp modeling in HX Effects, but they released the Stomp XL instead. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Those other products have different specs when it comes to the hardware and DSP capabilities. Not a fair comparison surely?

Name another company that has charged for functionality in their unit the last 10 years.

Expecting free updates is not a false premise. It's been the standard. In a world where it seems you get nickel and dimed for everything, it was only a matter of time before a company got greedy and incorporated it into their gear....didn't think it would be Kemper tho.
Your assertion depends entirely on your arbitrary indictment of ‘greed’. And it is a bit of a hyperbolic argument.
So I’ll see your challenge with the other side of the coin…

If the motive was fiscal responsibility instead of greed your point is moot.

If, for example, Kemper is a publicly traded company and Christoph destroyed sales of his top tier product line by selling a Player that cause sales to plummet he could lose his job and control of his company. Even a privately held company can assemble enough stock holders to oust the CEO, owner, Chairman etc for malfeasance.

Using existing inventory to assemble and sell Players properly limited in content with little development expense is a great business decision if the market supports it.
Selling the Player fully unlocked to stifle sales of Stages, Toasters and Racks for less than half the going rate is completely stupid.

So a balance was sought and delivered in really well rounded way. No one was harmed, the company stays healthy and the consumer has choices of just how much they want to buy. And all this was explained many months in advance. Their reputation is solid, they didn’t act out of greed, some of the potential buyers are too easily triggered into self righteous posturing …and that isn’t Kempers fault either…
The Market will deliver judgement the haters will hate and everyone gets what they are really looking for.

Glad you all are enjoying the Kemper Player. That's all that matters in the end. Just please keep paid DLC away from the rest of us 🤣

They’ve been in business for over a decade, I’m sure they have a handle on how to compete with used prices better than rando forumites.
Wow, that’s pretty arrogant. But okay, you’re right. I don’t know shit about the used market. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I just went to try Apple Music on my iPhone and it’s an additional $10 a month??? I CAN’T BELIEVE that I have to pay to use it! I mean, I ALREADY PAID for my iPhone, so why should I have to PAY for Apple Music?

I think I've never seen a $300 update in my life. Not saying it's never been one... Just that I'm almost sure it hasn't been.

But the important part, for me, is that it's a $300 update of old tech, nothing new, nothing fresh.

Yeah, those who like it, great for you. For me, 1k for a Kemper that doesn't profile (nor have a display, not have great I/O routing...)... No way man.

I just went to try Apple Music on my iPhone and it’s an additional $10 a month??? I CAN’T BELIEVE that I have to pay to use it! I mean, I ALREADY PAID for my iPhone, so why should I have to PAY for Apple Music?
Eh, you can also rip all of your music you already own free and clear, and load it for free onto your phone. Not a great analogy, IMO.

For you to assume I don’t know anything of which I’m talking about is arrogant, imo. But carry on with the white knighting.
You’re being offended by things I haven’t said, where did I say you don’t know anything? I know you’re associated to some music shop, but clearly Kemper knows their business better than you do. What’s there to be offended about? Move on.

You’re being offended by things I haven’t said, where did I say you don’t know anything? I know you’re associated to some music shop, but clearly Kemper knows their business better than you do. What’s there to be offended about? Move on.
Clearly they do. Clearly! Companies never fuck up royally, especially in the MI business! You’re right.

Well the musicians that create the content being sold need paying.

The analogy might work if Apple were only selling music that Steve Jobs wrote 10 years ago and was already given away free with older iPhones, otherwise no.

Back