Kemper Player - 1st [ Paid for ? ] Update coming very soon ?

Right. Which up until now, was accounted for in the device being sold. A device with 10 year old technology, that’s still more expensive than its competitors.
I don’t know. I guess I feel like people are overreacting for something that they’re not being forced to purchased. Those who purchased a Kemper Player knew what the feature set was when they purchased it. Kemper doesn’t owe anyone anything.

Again, Kemper isn’t forcing anyone to purchase these upgrades. If you don’t want to upgrade, then don’t. Kicking and screaming isn’t going to magically change anything.

My $0.02.

Vote with your wallets people. It’s not rocket science.
There have been multiple instances, especially in the video game industry, where a company tries to overstep, the community let's them hear about it and more often than not, the company will realize their error and backtrack.

Vote with your wallet, sure, but it's not a crime to voice displeasure...which outside of you and one other person on here, have done

I don’t know. I guess I feel like people are overreacting for something that they’re not being forced to purchased. Those who purchased a Kemper Player knew what the feature set was when they purchased it. Kemper doesn’t owe anyone anything.

Again, Kemper isn’t forcing anyone to purchase these upgrades. If you don’t want to upgrade, then don’t. Kicking and screaming isn’t going to magically change anything.

My $0.02.
True. But kicking and screaming (overall, as a whole) sends a message.

Then again, UA doesn’t give a fuck about making their shit with what everyone asks for, so what do I know.

Right. Which up until now, was accounted for in the device being sold. A device with 10 year old technology, that’s still more expensive than its competitors.
I was saying more than 5 years ago that the tech is old. But that’s what I mean, you think all their products are too expensive cus old tech, so of course you think the Player lvl 3 is expensive. If you like the Kemper, the Kemper Player lvl 3 for $1k makes sense. Some years ago I got over the “old tech” aspect, and I still like what the Kemper has to offer. And they’ve released a lot of unique features in recent years - Kabinet/Kone, LP, hardware Fuzz, etc.

My $0.02.
No one is forcing you to go to Saigon either!!!

The only fucker going to be left standing when this thread is over is TB3...

1000067245.gif

...and he still won't have bought shit :grin

I was saying more than 5 years ago that the tech is old. But that’s what I mean, you think all their products are too expensive cus old tech, so of course you think the Player lvl 3 is expensive. If you like the Kemper, the Kemper Player lvl 3 for $1k makes sense. Some years ago I got over the “old tech” aspect, and I still like what the Kemper has to offer. And they’ve released a lot of unique features in recent years - Kabinet/Kone, LP, hardware Fuzz, etc.
No, actually I think this for $1600 new, $1000-$1100 used is a way better value. Even brand new, for $600 more, it gets you far more elaborate switching, a screen, and most importantly, capturing functionality. I think the Player was a joke before, and to me it’s even more of a joke now.

The reason you and I own yachts is because we don’t pay for firmware updates on our modelers.
leonardo dicaprio yacht GIF

No, actually I think this for $1600 new, $1000-$1100 used is a way better value. Even brand new, for $600 more, it gets you far more elaborate switching, a screen, and most importantly, capturing functionality. I think the Player was a joke before, and to me it’s even more of a joke now.
Agreed, way better value. But if you value pedalboard space more and still want the Kemper, you get the Player. Makes sense to me, maybe I’m weird ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

leonardo dicaprio yacht GIF

Agreed, way better value. But if you value pedalboard space more and still want the Kemper, you get the Player. Makes sense to me, maybe I’m weird ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I guess that’s where we’re different. For $650, the HX Stomp continues to get free updates, and is way more full-featured.

Back