Kemper Player - 1st [ Paid for ? ] Update coming very soon ?

Comparatively, it was getting the FM9 in my hands and realizing how in-depth the switching was that got me out of my 5-6 year band/playing live hiatus as a result of the “Holy shit, I’m only as limited as I allow myself to be” aspect.
Part of the reason I am thinking one day I will still get an FM9, is because of my experience with the Axe3 and FC12. Having it all in one box I can easily slap on the floor, and connect 4 cables, and be good to go.... smashing stuff!

IMO, Christoph would’ve been better off doing a Kemper Profiler Player Pro. At least he could’ve hidden the crippleware in similar fashion to the UAFX amp pedals, which arguable share the exact same internal components (not confirmed), with just different firmware loaded in for each model.

Even though a Kemper plugin is probably 5 years late at this point, I bet releasing it now would still bring in significantly more money for Kemper - both from existing users and people outside of the current userbase.

I find it nuts that there is still some demand to have Kemper’s tech in a plugin, but I think there is still more than enough scope for it to be a relative hit. Just seems like the obvious route for flogging the dead horse/money for old rope, yet every passing day that door is shutting. Kemper are basically always way too slow to react, too little too late.

Of course a fanboi over at TOP is trying to defend this.

Some other guy replied with the quote of the day :grin

"Consumers white knighting blatant corporate cash grabs must be some sort of cuckold fetish."

Of course a fanboi over at TOP is trying to defend this.

Some other guy replied with the quote of the day :grin

"Consumers white knighting blatant corporate cash grabs must be some sort of cuckold fetish."
Orvillan , is there something you want to tell us ?

TL;DR: The fact that the Kemper Player can't profile on its own is a non-issue for all but a tiny, tiny portion of people who like to wax poetic on the internet.

Totally agree.

I don't think it's built for people who have 1 or 2 amps and want to capture them for gigging. Odds are those people won't have the tools and expertise to properly capture their amps. And the people who have tons of gear that needs to be captured would probably not worry much about having a full size Kemper to do that job.

Sure, but if you have to have a ‘problem’ what great problem to have!

It's got to be a tough spot to be in though. Guitars aren't unusable or out of date after 5-10 years like most tech products so fenders products from yesterday up to sixty years ago are competing with their products from today. The scale of the problem only really gets worse too.

I haven't bought a new guitar in years so no guitar manufacturer has had any cash from me in almost 20 years. I know loads of people like that.

It's got to be a tough spot to be in though. Guitars aren't unusable or out of date after 5-10 years like most tech products so fenders products from yesterday up to sixty years ago are competing with their products from today. The scale of the problem only really gets worse too.

I haven't bought a new guitar in years so no guitar manufacturer has had any cash from me in almost 20 years. I know loads of people like that.
Ultimately, they get their cash from their distribution networks. It has only been comparatively recently that Gibson and Fender have started selling direct right??

I think we're currently in a time of "yes! me too!" products. There is very little going on in the music space that hasn't been done before, fundamentally. We need more Gibson Robot guitars and fewer Kemper Players - IMHO.

Tom Green Backwards Man GIF by Leroy Patterson

Back