John Browne departs from Mayones

used to be your favorite guitar player played brand X. So you checked out brand X, liked it and bought a guitar. A few years later, he or she went off and played brand Y. You only knew it because you saw it at show, in a magazine or on the records liner notes. Now? I have an up to the minute scorecard of what’s great yesterday that suddenly isnt great enough to play anymore because brand Y threw you some more money.

The older I get the more I realize all this gear stuff is bullshit. Play what you like.
Meanwhile, I keep hoping Nuno would actually change to a different company, so I could get an N4 easily again, that doesn't have QC issues. Charvel DK, or Ibanez AZ-based, perhaps?
Especially in the prog metal scene.

I swear, Aaron Marshall must have been paid by NDSP to put the QC in his Rig Rundown because that's about as long as he used the device before going back to Fractal.
Oh for sure. I don't think the ones and zeroes were dry from that upload before he switched back to Fractal.
Dunno man, after moving the Jem to only Indonesia. It still stings a little.
Well, to be fair, the PIA is supposed to be an evolution (pardon the pun) of the Jem, and that's made in Japan.

My bass player got one of those 6 string fanned fret headless Ibanez bass' that is a "high end" Indonesian made. New price is like $1900 (he bought used).

He kind of likes it but he's been battling quite a bit of QC issues. It is currently at a shop getting a bunch of work done

Meanwhile, I keep hoping Nuno would actually change to a different company, so I could get an N4 easily again, that doesn't have QC issues. Charvel DK, or Ibanez AZ-based, perhaps?

Oh for sure. I don't think the ones and zeroes were dry from that upload before he switched back to Fractal.

Well, to be fair, the PIA is supposed to be an evolution (pardon the pun) of the Jem, and that's made in Japan.
In Nuno does change, the way things are you’ll know before the ink is dry on the deal.

And I dunno man………the JEM. I have the BFP Premium Jem. I actually like it more than my MIJ one. STILL, it stings.

Browne is a killer player, if you’re in to that sort of music/style/tone.

I’m sure Browne will make a hell of lot more money with a brand that can sell more than 17 $4,500 guitars in his name.

Browne is a killer player, if you’re in to that sort of music/style/tone.

I’m sure Browne will make a hell of lot more money with a brand that can sell more than 17 $4,500 guitars in his name.
True, and good for him. Schecter MIK stuff isn't far off of the wildly overrated Mayones guitars I've seen, anyway.

My bass player got one of those 6 string fanned fret headless Ibanez bass' that is a "high end" Indonesian made. New price is like $1900 (he bought used).

He kind of likes it but he's been battling quite a bit of QC issues. It is currently at a shop getting a bunch of work done
I have the Affirma copy Indo made bass. Seems like a good playing instrument to me.

I have the Affirma copy Indo made bass. Seems like a good playing instrument to me.

Big picture its awesome, and once it gets fixed up it will be a beast

I have no idea how he plays that thing I picked it up once and I felt like I in a different galaxy :rofl

Especially in the prog metal scene.

I swear, Aaron Marshall must have been paid by NDSP to put the QC in his Rig Rundown because that's about as long as he used the device before going back to Fractal.

CULTIST!

He was just going back to familiar territory because halfway through a tour cycle everyone changes the main components of their rigs and brings out stuff that’s more expensive to lug around!

True, and good for him. Schecter MIK stuff isn't far off of the wildly overrated Mayones guitars I've seen, anyway.

I’ve never laid my hands on Mayones. I did look at the Browne sig when I was after a “modern riffer” a few years ago. I didn’t look long at the time after seeing the price (fast forward a few years and listen to my LP laugh at modesty)

Oddly enough though, at the time, Olly the other guitarist from Monuments was using a new, off the shelf, stock, purple RG, which resulted in:

Purple Rain
1A8BA824-A16E-4DE1-9470-CAB08F2070B7.jpeg

I’ve never laid my hands on Mayones. I did look at the Browne sig when I was after a “modern riffer” a few years ago. I didn’t look long at the time after seeing the price (fast forward a few years and listen to my LP laugh at modesty)

Oddly enough though, at the time, Olly the other guitarist from Monuments was using a new, off the shelf, stock, purple RG, which resulted in:

Purple Rain
View attachment 3656
I’ve only seen probably a dozen of them, but every one of them was…..okay. Not $4000+ guitars by any stretch, IMO.

Mayones is the guitar company I can't help but pronounce mayonnaise. The other guy.......got me. Reading the thread title I thought maybe he was a builder.
Not only do I also pronounce it as mayonnaise, I picture huge globs of mayo in an amazing sandwich when just reading Mayones :bag

John is a bad ass player, and actually really nice dude.

Could give a fuck what he plays. I generally don’t like that style of music but he’s a pretty tasty rider.

Sort of related to the mayonnaise thing…. But I’ll never forget when I was a kid I got my MIM strat setup and when I brought it home, there was a dollop of mustard on the board :wat

Homie must’ve been enjoying a sandwhich on the bench

The legal team for the new endorser probably requires them to publicly declare such things. Yay for lawyers.:cuss
Why would the legal team of company B require the artist to give a final swan-sing endorsement of company A?

As jaded and annoying as I am...I honestly assume that when these guys that have been part of a pretty small guitar company for a long time leave it...they do genuinely wanna TRY to leave on a positive note because they do care about the people and guitars they'll be leaving behind.

It didn't happen in the 90's and 00's because artists didn't have an outlet they controlled on which they could release such a thing. No guitar magazine was going to dedicate a full page to the long-winded drivel of a guitarist dropping an endorsement deal - at best you'd get "Rabea says no hard feelings". in a four line blurb.

Back