I'm thinking about a Marshall Origin

I have not heard great things about the Origin cabs. True or not, not sure. Which would be troublesome if I was getting the fawn model because stuff have to match at that point. So maybe bullet dodged for Drew?

Oh IDGAF about matching, that thing is going to sit on top of two, unmatched 2x12 cabinets like a tri-colored monstrosity.

I haven’t read the rest of the replies, but I’m pretty sure I read the Origin cabs are MDF.

Trigger OCD in others is fun :love

Not that I need to find any other rabbit holes to dive into, but I’ve been thinking of getting a specific cab for it, maybe doing an Avatar or something and just going on a speaker test. I heard these pair great with Greenbacks and that’s no surprise at all to me……and yet another reason why I can kick myself in the ass for selling my old Carvin Legacy cab that came with Greenbacks before they started using V30’s in them.

Not that I need to find any other rabbit holes to dive into, but I’ve been thinking of getting a specific cab for it, maybe doing an Avatar or something and just going on a speaker test. I heard these pair great with Greenbacks and that’s no surprise at all to me……and yet another reason why I can kick myself in the ass for selling my old Carvin Legacy cab that came with Greenbacks before they started using V30’s in them.
I think the same company that makes Bogner and Friedman also make Avatar cabs. ?????? They used to if I remember correctly.

I had one of those Marshall 1960BX(?) cabs with greenies in it. I REALLY wish I still had it. :(

i have a 50 and it is a cool amp, but a little bright and thin for what i would like to hear from it.

it ain't bad at all, mind you, but compared to, say, a DSL50, it sounds thinner and less punchy.

pretty sure someone like dave friedman could mod it to what i want. might have to call dave. :)

Back