I'm thinking about a Marshall Origin

Holy fuck! That is gorgeous! :love

rqxlesj5l5m6ep4cn0zq.jpg

Holy f**k! That is gorgeous! :love

rqxlesj5l5m6ep4cn0zq.jpg

So I talked myself out of going up to GC and buying one after plugging into my FM9 rig. Then I came and saw this and immediately went to Sweetwater to order one, but they're not in stock yet and playing waiting games does absolutely nothing for my impulse by mentality.

I'll most certainly still get one of these within the very near future, but I'm making attempt at this whole financial security thing and I want to see my savings just a bit higher than they're currently at before I spend anything else. Once I sell the SE I might change my tune immediately. But I want this f*cking cream and gold head.

So I talked myself out of going up to GC and buying one after plugging into my FM9 rig. Then I came and saw this and immediately went to Sweetwater to order one, but they're not in stock yet and playing waiting games does absolutely nothing for my impulse by mentality.

I'll most certainly still get one of these within the very near future, but I'm making attempt at this whole financial security thing and I want to see my savings just a bit higher than they're currently at before I spend anything else. Once I sell the SE I might change my tune immediately. But I want this f*cking cream and gold head.

I've read numerous times that the Origen circuitry is much closer to a JTM 45 than a JMP . Don't know if that's true or not .
Could be. I’m not smart enough there to know the circuit details. But it sure sounds purrty. Damnit you guys got me wanting one again, like the 50 even. It’s a Smallbox head, so it’s not the typical gigantor Marshall head shell.

Meanwhile, me….

money smoke up GIF by L.I.F.T

That’s exactly why I’m holding off now, I’ve been doing that for the last 3-4 months.

To be fair, I did also say about 2 months ago “I want to see my bank account move a little higher before buying anything else….” and then immediately bought a partscaster less than 5 minutes after saying it. So If I come home from work with an amp tomorrow, it won’t be all that surprising.

I decided I’m going to wait to buy one until I find one for a good used price, I’ve seen them down to $350 for the 20h……or until I can’t withhold myself from getting this cream head when they start shipping.
Smart. When I was looking for a pic with the matching cab - I didn’t realize the heads were $600. That’s a lot of bang for buck. If you can get it for a hundo or so cheaper - even better.

I have not heard great things about the Origin cabs. True or not, not sure. Which would be troublesome if I was getting the fawn model because stuff have to match at that point. So maybe bullet dodged for Drew?

I have not heard great things about the Origin cabs. True or not, not sure. Which would be troublesome if I was getting the fawn model because stuff have to match at that point. So maybe bullet dodged for Drew?
Add to that, what are the cabs made out of? Must be a 'full' ply cab or it's NOT a true Marshall cab as we know them to be.

Yes, this affects amp's final tone.

Reactions: JT
Smart. When I was looking for a pic with the matching cab - I didn’t realize the heads were $600. That’s a lot of bang for buck. If you can get it for a hundo or so cheaper - even better.

And they were dirt cheap new before they got the post pandemic Marshall treatment. Those heads were like $400 new, combos were barely over $500. I almost bought one as a throw-in purchase while buying a guitar at my local shop. (I’ll take some picks, a set of strings, an Origin20 head, and a new guitar cable, to go with this SG :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: )

Back