I'm Just Curious..., How Many Here Own a Fractal, and Who Doesn't?

Which one(s) do you own?

• Total voters
If you think profiling is better than Fractal amp sims, you are wrong. And don't forget that profiling leads you down a huge rabbit hole of never-ending profile searches. It's really not fun. With Fractal, you pick an amp, turn the knobs and you're done. It's so simple and sounds absolutely just as good as profiling.
Mate, what I think is just what I think. Maybe wrong, maybe right... but you´re not the one who decide that, sorry.

If you think that what you think is right and what other ones think is wrong, then it´s you who are wrong.

I´ve been using profiling for several years, and I´ve not gone any rabbit hole. I´ve just profiled my amp, and started inmediately to enjoy it. Much more simple than when I try to replicate my amp sound with a sim, at least in my case. Maybe what you want to say is that if you want a certain amp sound (an amp that you don´t own), you have to search for a good profile and that can take time. Yeah, could be. But in my experience with TH-U, I almost trigger any profile in there and instantly enjoy the sound. The same with Tonocracy.

I´m not the one who has to say if profiling sounds better than modeling or the other way around... But I´m absolutely the one to say which one I enjoy more. And so far, it´s profiling. Maybe when I try a Fractal I could change my opinion, of course.

And by the way, just in case anyone is thinking I´m against any of the technologies discussed... I couldn´t care less about what the tech is into the unit. I´m just talking about what I enjoy more, in my own experience.

Mate, what I think is just what I think. Maybe wrong, maybe right... but you´re not the one who decide that, sorry.

If you think that what you think is right and what other ones think is wrong, then it´s you who are wrong.
the matrix there is no spoon GIF

:rofl

Really?

No profiling.

Not better sims than any other good unit.

Why on earth should I spend 1700€ in something that won't give me everything? That's so much money, man. For that money, there's no excuses for falling short in any area.
Thought you wanted an easy interface sorry

I'm clueless, that's what. Not following along closely enough.
I don't think there are any sims better than fractal, based on what I've read here and there, and also in what I see in tons of videos on YouTube.

That said, I also think that the difference is decreasing. I think the rest of brands are improving a lot, and that the quality difference is starting to be small (sometimes barely noticeable... If it even is).

But as you stated, I've not tried a Fractal yet. I can perfectly be wrong here.

I am with Sedaxel. I PREFER profiling, capturing, what ever you want to call it.

I haven't owned a Fractal since the Axe II. I also owned the original Axe Standard. I loved the Fractal sounds. But, these days, captures just seem to suit my work flow better. Maybe an AxeIII with a profiling or capture device in it's loop!

Was using The Axe III, FM9 and FM3 since they were all introduced.
All sold off. No complaints, great units one and all.

Last edited:
Well, what's the top option 😀
Still looking at options like a kid in candy store or baseball player repped by Scott Boras (dubious reference in this forum, I know).

But I was having too much fun with pedals so may end up further building an amp+pedal rig. I’ve also missed out on the whole ML/AI profiling/capturing fervor so will spend some time trying stuff out there.

Back