IK Multimedia TONEX

TONEX was updated this morning:

TONEX 1.1.3

Changes from version 1.1.2:
  • Resolved an issue that could cause corruption of the current Tone Model while editing Metadata.
  • Enhanced the default volume of imported IRs
  • General reliability improvements

TONEX was updated this morning:

TONEX 1.1.3

Changes from version 1.1.2:
  • Resolved an issue that could cause corruption of the current Tone Model while editing Metadata.
  • Enhanced the default volume of imported IRs
  • General reliability improvements
Will the IR volume also be addressed on the pedal?

Resolved an issue that could cause corruption of the current Tone Model while editing Metadata.
It sounds like this probably fixes a bug I was going to report - after creating a ToneX model with a cab, I went back into edit the details (names etc.), and when I saved it, all the cab info "disappeared" - i.e. the capture looked like an amp only capture.

Is anyone finding they have to go from like 5 to 7 on the gain to make the captures come close to the gain it was originally capturing?

Is anyone finding they have to go from like 5 to 7 on the gain to make the captures come close to the gain it was originally capturing?
It's a little less gainy I'd say. I'm going to the update and try a few caps this afternoon.

It's a little less gainy I'd say. I'm going to the update and try a few caps this afternoon.
Aside from that, I was doing like a two hour live stream yesterday trying to match tones by hand vs tonex, and with just turning the gain up a bit, it absolutely smoked trying to match by hand, by a ridiculous amount...I still can't get the hand matched stuff anywhere even in the same zipcode as tonex

This weekend, I hope to be able to spend some quality time with my massive Koch...

PXL_20230303_172242678.jpg

... And get a few captures up on Tone.net!

How are folks setting their levels/ No clipping(red dots) at all. I captured a few KPA profiles as practice(I won't be uploading them).
They seem a little dull compared to some of the purchased ones I have.
The KPA is a mono path out of the main out, nothing but the AMP/TONE/CAB on, into an AXE I/O line in.

Any ideas, the capture and original sound exact(before finalizing), but I don't remember the profiles sounding so flat.

My ASUS gaming laptop with Ryzen 7 and a Nvidia GTX1650 is performing the entire process in 35 min for advanced training.

Next week, I'll try capturing my REVV D20 and drive pedal collection via the REVV's Two Notes loadbox.

You load the pedal using the software so you'd take advantage of the fix that way. There's no direct editing of patches on the pedal, you'd need to load them from the software.
How do we make use of the IR level enhancement? Do we need to reimport the third party IR's to get the level raised? Maybe I'm just not looking in the right place but I don't have any knob, slider, etc where I can manipulate the levels

I love the software. Waiting to see how I get along with the hardware
I hope that you'll let us know about your experience with the hardware. I have the Tonex software and find it confusing. Granted, I haven't spent a lot of time with it. But it isn't immediately obvious how it works. At least not to me.

I'm on the fence about the hardware. I'm a FAS user and have been for over a decade. I love the FAS model - top notch modeling and really great care for the customer. So, I'm not sure if the $299 for the hardware (I have a Tonex Max license) will add anything that I don't already have. FAS modeling is the s**t in my experience. But, sometimes there are other amps I'd like to experiment with that aren't in the FAS amp modeling stable. An Ampeg VT4 or a Victoria Double Deluxe are two amps I've had in the past that aren't explicitly in the FAS ecosystem.

Has anyone had any success getting the IR level increased? If so how/where did you do it?

Nevermind, by deleting and reloading the IR's into ToneX they then become a higher level...I'd guess at approximately 10 dB higher

Last edited:
You load the pedal using the software so you'd take advantage of the fix that way. There's no direct editing of patches on the pedal, you'd need to load them from the software.
I've updated and I'm still getting a pretty significant volume drop when either adding a User IR to an Amp capture or when replacing a Cab in an Amp+Cab Capture with a User IR.

Edit: I'm also being prompted to update tonex to import a preset, but I'm already on 1.1.3, confirmed by the IK Product Manager and the Info tab in the Tonex app...

Edit 2: I re-loaded the User IRs, and I'm hearing the corrected volumes now. However, I'm still unable to install the LRS 50th Triple No Cab.txp preset from @Deadpan despite being up-to-date.

Screen Shot 2023-03-04 at 9.16.33 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-03-04 at 9.19.10 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-03-04 at 9.16.23 PM.png

Last edited:
Back