IK Multimedia TONEX

@JiveTurkey did you update your software - maybe the modeler update fixes your issue (I hope):

TONEX 1.1.2
Changes from version 1.1.1:
TONEX PLAYER
  • Fixed an issue with the CAB Lock that wasn't locking the CAB when changing from TONE MODEL CAB to VIR.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause TONEX GUI to go grey when closing and reopening the plug-in.
  • Added 13 new PRESETs taken from our demo video. Type "Demo Video" in the search bar to find them.
TONEX MODELER
  • Fixed an issue that could give inaccurate results when modeling High Gain Amplifiers or Stomps.
TONEX PEDAL (Firmware 1.0.4)
  • Fixed an issue that was locking the pedal at start-up when a MIDI CLOCK was sent to the MIDI IN.
  • Fixed a rare issue that could corrupt the last selected preset before powering off the pedal.

• General reliability improvements.

@JiveTurkey did you update your software - maybe the modeler update fixes your issue (I hope):

TONEX 1.1.2
Changes from version 1.1.1:
TONEX PLAYER
  • Fixed an issue with the CAB Lock that wasn't locking the CAB when changing from TONE MODEL CAB to VIR.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause TONEX GUI to go grey when closing and reopening the plug-in.
  • Added 13 new PRESETs taken from our demo video. Type "Demo Video" in the search bar to find them.
TONEX MODELER
  • Fixed an issue that could give inaccurate results when modeling High Gain Amplifiers or Stomps.
TONEX PEDAL (Firmware 1.0.4)
  • Fixed an issue that was locking the pedal at start-up when a MIDI CLOCK was sent to the MIDI IN.
  • Fixed a rare issue that could corrupt the last selected preset before powering off the pedal.

• General reliability improvements.
I did. This is after the update. I assume it means the FW update to the pedal itself as well as the software?

Please report any issues you have to IK Support too so they are aware and can try to recreate and troubleshoot to help you fix them (or if they find a bug they'll open it with the devs). Thanks!
Done. Haven't got confirmation but I am assuming it submitted correctly. It'd be good to have a portal that showed open cases.

Last edited:
Done. Haven't got confirmation but I am assuming it submitted correctly. It'd be good to have a portal that showed open cases.
If you used the form for tech support (not sales/customer service) you should receive a confirmation email with a link to your ticket and your ticket number.

Please check your spam/junk filters. You can PM me the email address you entered into the form if you'd like and I can make sure it got into the system (at least tomorrow morning when the normal people are available).
I did. Thanks. I'll PM you the email address. Thanks.

Does anyone have an FM3/FM9/AxeIII layout for capturing with ToneX? Yes, I’m going to be one of those assholes capturing a modeler, so I can put this on my laptop/iPad for practice, when I’m not carrying the FM9 with me.

Does anyone have an FM3/FM9/AxeIII layout for capturing with ToneX? Yes, I’m going to be one of those a******s capturing a modeler, so I can put this on my laptop/iPad for practice, when I’m not carrying the FM9 with me.
37oylx.jpg
:rofl

I usually have to force quit the Tonex program from Task Manager. Everything works as it should, it just won’t close by clicking the X in the upper right corner.

I usually have to force quit the Tonex program from Task Manager. Everything works as it should, it just won’t close by clicking the X in the upper right corner.
Were you getting consistent results without level issues? Are you on latest version of ToneX?

Were you getting consistent results without level issues? Are you on latest version of ToneX?

Latest version of Tonex and latest firmware on the Pedal.

I’m using a Komplete Audio 6 as an interface in Tonex. Setup like this:

FTKGPKW.png

I have to run the Main Output L (blue above) from the KA6 to the AXE Input1 so I can reduce the level going into the AXE. It was clipping Input 1 on the AXE. Also I only set the Tonex levels so they just light up the first two orange dots in the Tonex meters. I'm adjusting the other levels in the AXE so they are just below clipping and adjusting the levels on the KA6 inputs to about 2:00 on the KA6 level knobs. This give me the most balanced levels across the board.

I'm using the AXE so I can load a Drive Block from the AXE going into the front of the Amp and using a Suhr Reactive Load from the Amp back into the AXE to load an IR Block to go from the AXE to Tonex.

I'm monitoring on headphones from the KA6 using Outputs 3/4 on the KA6 since I'm using main Out1 on the KA6 to go into the AXE.

1C9Lm5c.jpg

Yes... I know, honestly this is a mild one.

yh7Z3R2.jpg

Latest version of Tonex and latest firmware on the Pedal.

I’m using a Komplete Audio 6 as an interface in Tonex. Setup like this:

FTKGPKW.png

I have to run the Main Output L (blue above) from the KA6 to the AXE Input1 so I can reduce the level going into the AXE. It was clipping Input 1 on the AXE. Also I only set the Tonex levels so they just light up the first two orange dots in the Tonex meters. I'm adjusting the other levels in the AXE so they are just below clipping and adjusting the levels on the KA6 inputs to about 2:00 on the KA6 level knobs. This give me the most balanced levels across the board.

I'm using the AXE so I can load a Drive Block from the AXE going into the front of the Amp and using a Suhr Reactive Load from the Amp back into the AXE to load an IR Block to go from the AXE to Tonex.

I'm monitoring on headphones from the KA6 using Outputs 3/4 on the KA6 since I'm using main Out1 on the KA6 to go into the AXE.

1C9Lm5c.jpg

Yes... I know, honestly this is a mild one.

yh7Z3R2.jpg
I was just thinking of Charley Day when looking at that signal chain diagram :rofl

Back