IK Multimedia Tone X One?

I still am not sure if you can adjust the input trim on this device? Not to harp on it but that seemed to vary so much from capture to capture.

I'm tempted solely because I have a SW gift card that would essentially cover this 🤣

It is pretty cool, all told. But let's be honest regarding "reverb" and "comp". These really demand air quotes. :D

:farley
I actually found the reverb on the OG unit totally usable. The gate was ok, a dedicated gate works better if you really need the super modern metal gated sound. But yeah, no qualms with the reverb. Hopefully its the same algos on this mini pedal.

I still am not sure if you can adjust the input trim on this device?
Screenshot 2024-04-24 at 16.34.13.png

Definitely. But you are literally the last person I would expect to give up all of those knobs.

Well, in fact, apart from the gain knob (that you need to access via "alt" on the ToneX), the basic tonestack and output level is all I ever use on the AFB and AA. And I usually don't fool around with the gain knob much, either. So all the relevant knobs are still exposed.

Well, in fact, apart from the gain knob (that you need to access via "alt" on the ToneX), the basic tonestack and output level is all I ever use on the AFB and AA. And I usually don't fool around with the gain knob much, either. So all the relevant knobs are still exposed.
You're missing out on the "Damping" control. 30% on that sounds more realistic IME.

Man, not sure what it is but I have zero-GAS for this (with all other options available out there) but I agree timing is good (ahed of NAM pedals in coming years).

I’m sure it will be good for a few pedal folks as well.

A mobile app working as a librarian and live editor would definitely make this a no brainer.
What’s the point? The idea is a smaller rig & now you have a Bluetooth adapter or cable plus a tablet or phone on a stand on stage…

:facepalm:idk:facepalm
Have a good one,

3EO

What’s the point? The idea is a smaller rig & now you have a Bluetooth adapter or cable plus a tablet or phone on a stand on stage…

I pretty much always have a tablet on stage anway.
But then, I wouldn't need to edit this thing on stage at all as all the relevant parameters to finetune your sound for live purposes are exposed.

$179 for this vs $700 for the Kemper player. IK knows what they are doing. This is an awesome price for this. I have a Class D power amp and a delay/reverb pedal, so this just made the slickest, highest quality fly rig possible for me. The switching between two profiles did it for me, I can run a clean and heavy just like I do on my full size amps.

The power of the sun, in the palm of your hand.

Realistically the vast majority of consumers probably just want a Fender clean and a Marshall crunch and they’re done.

I don’t think you can look at a mini pedal as some comprehensive solution for anything. This is either meant to be chucked on the end of small pedalboard, an amp extender, or a if nothing else just a cheap gateway curiosity.
Funnily enough, the smaller, and more cumbersome the pedal, the more it makes sense to have MIDI control.

If it was up to me, pedals would be more like eurorack units (just without all the cables up front) and everything was MIDI controlled. Keyboard players have always had the smarter idea for this stuff.

It’s official…good digital amp sounds are a commodity ;)
The best, or at least one of, under 200,-…

And….it also runs captures of drive pedals right?…so it will bite a bit out of the pedal market also I assume.
Full integration with plugins…great!

I just bought a QC cause the Kemper player didn’t come with full specs….I bet they gonna change that very soon to stay competitive…grrr #badtiming.
Anyway…I’m covered, so not for me atm…but if I ever go back to pedals, I’m sure I’ll grab this…or whatever simular on the market…

Last edited:
This thing is really cool. I’m not that interested in captures, but the form factor, capture quality, and price of this is unlike anything before it.

I don’t understand the crying about midi. Look at this thing. MIDI is impossible. Just get the original larger pedal that has that. And if it doesn’t fit on your board, you need a larger board they don’t need to make a different pedal…

For so little money and space, I might pick one up eventually just to give captures a fair shake.

D
It has usb, so It just can have midi as easy as it gets.

It’s official…good digital amp sounds are a commodity ;)
The best, or at least one of, under 200,-…

And….it also runs captures of drive pedals right?…so it will bite a bit out of the pedal market also I assume.
Full integration with plugins…great!

I just bought a QC cause the Kemper player didn’t come with full specs….I bet they gonna change that very soon to stay competitive…grrr #badtiming.
Anyway…I’m covered, so not for me atm…but if I ever go back to pedals, I’m sure I’ll grab this…or whatever simular on the market…
Sounds like the QC is coming out with a smaller unit soon. Curious to see what they price it at!

I couldn’t resist when I remembered I had Jam Points accumulated that gave me $53 discount.
The size, USB bus powered and audio functionality make it the ‘cost / cubic centimeters’ champion.

Im already imagining I can velcro this little thing to the side of a Push 3 standalone and have it USB powered.
Would make for a really powerful mobile practice/ songwriting station. And now I won’t miss my favorite couple of TONEX models when I’m too lazy to fuss with incorporating the iPad to get to them.

:facepalm:idk:facepalm
Have a good one,

3EO
The point is being able to change models available on the footswitch without having to access hidden menus and remember which knob and colour corresponds to what.
Or without having to carry around a laptop for that, which is definitely more cumbersome than a phone.

$179 for this vs $700 for the Kemper player. IK knows what they are doing. This is an awesome price for this. I have a Class D power amp and a delay/reverb pedal, so this just made the slickest, highest quality fly rig possible for me. The switching between two profiles did it for me, I can run a clean and heavy just like I do on my full size amps.

The power of the sun, in the palm of your hand.
Well... Eeehm... The power of the sun is something a little more "powerful", IMHO...

Back