IK Multimedia Tone X One?

The switching between two profiles did it for me, I can run a clean and heavy just like I do on my full size amps.
I only just realized (well, confirmed would be more accurate) that you can do this. That is pretty cool for a pedal this size.

What’s the point? The idea is a smaller rig & now you have a Bluetooth adapter or cable plus a tablet or phone on a stand on stage…
I'd say a cable would be more likely, and it would be helpful for making changes during rehearsals... maybe for last minute adjustments during soundchecks. I don't think it's such a crazy idea; you don't always have (or want) a Windows PC on hand.

IMG_1743.gif

I'd say a cable would be more likely, and it would be helpful for making changes during rehearsals... maybe for last minute adjustments during soundchecks. I don't think it's such a crazy idea; you don't always have (or want) a Windows PC on hand.

Gotta say, a tablet editor doesn’t sound too bad, because if I was forced to make a change at a gig with the AxeFx my asshole would start getting squeaky. One wrong “enter vs edit” and…

giphy.gif

As far as I’m concerned, midi is a 5 pin or 7 pin din affair or GTFO. No interest in USB midi, 1/8” adapters, breakout boxes, etc. Do it right or just don’t do it at all.

I think they nailed it on the features, price, and size.

D
As far as you're concerned is not as long as midi can go. USB midi is real and useful. Many of us would find incredibly useful to simply plug a usb midi floor controller and recall presets. Yeah, if they put usb midi (as a host) in there, you don't need any breakout board, or adapters, or whatever. For instance, the Kemper player has that ability... And while it's a pity it hasn't also midi DIN, actually usb midi is becoming more frequent day by day, and you can find controllers dirt cheap... Up to the point that, personally, I'm starting to think that I would choose usb midi over din midi nowadays. This is doing it right too... But hey, if you think that midi DIN is the only correct way of using midi, then I guess We'll never agree.

Different personal preferences. For you it's great, for me it's got no use.

I’ve never seen so much hype over a goddamn mini pedal.

Why all the excitement? Because it’s smaller? Cheaper?

Definitely not because it’s missing features of its larger sibling or the software has become even more of a bloatware mess.

Disclaimer: Yes, I despise IK Multimedia and will bash everything they release. 😂

Looks very cool, great product! But... I couldn't care less?

Can't be bothered with the Tonex software, two in parallel for stereo means gotta deal with potential phase issues between captures, multiple in series for drives means a bunch of AD/DA conversions, plenty of great drive pedals <$180, etc. etc.

Am I getting too old for the cool new stuff?!

Sounds like the QC is coming out with a smaller unit soon. Curious to see what they price it at!
I think IK pretty much has the capture tech under 400 pretty much locked up
Regarding QC they won’t put it anywhere near that price point they will land between the Kemper player and FM3 for a dual cortex ( if that’s what they are Doing)
My guess would be $999
$849 -899 if they really crunch the numbers

I think IK pretty much has the capture tech under 400 pretty much locked up
Regarding QC they won’t put it anywhere near that price point they will land between the Kemper player and FM3 for a dual cortex ( if that’s what they are Doing)
My guess would be $999
$849 -899 if they really crunch the numbers
Totally agree! I think $1000 would be the sweet spot assuming it is something akin to a dual cortex. Anything over 1k gets a little sketchy imo

(it’s a meme reference to Doc Oc in Raimi’s Spider Man movies)
Ok, ok... I'm out of that realm, no doubt about it... :bonk

But the meaning is what I was commenting. Some people treats an amp (plus a delay, in this case) as a complete rig, sometimes. And that's OK in certain cases. However, "the power of the sun", for me, is having everything... Boosts, overdrives, mod, pitch blocks, lots of i/o... Well, you know, a multieffetcs.

Otherwise, it's just a limited rig, which can serve you if you don't have complicated needs, or are OK sacrificing some aspects of your tone and giving up effects. But it's absolutely not comparable to a multieffetcs (being one the Kemper player, by the way).

Totally agree! I think $1000 would be the sweet spot assuming it is something akin to a dual cortex. Anything over 1k gets a little sketchy imo
If they could get 849 to 899
That Keeps them below the 1100 FM3 which for features and tones , is going to be a tough fight , with 850 you are decently in the middle of the
Helix stomp XL , Kemper player and the Fractal entry

I do get the reservation though and unwillingness to want this device. The right captures do sound stellar imo and is the most accurate commercially available hardware capture unit.

I'm all for a shift to good tones for less money. Not everyone has a top tier unit but they can now get top tier toanz for little money. I think the days of needing to shell out thousands for good digital gear is over

Back