I Scored A

It's not a horror, just disappointing. I hoped it would be a better unit and imho it's not worth the money they are asking for it quite yet but it's not bad or evil.

That's how I felt immediately the first time but since the update{s}? I feel differently. I spent almost the entire day A/B/C'ing it against my Helix Rack and my Fractal Std (am I the only one here still rocking my original AxeFx Std?) and I have to say I'm digging the Amp tones. The editor tho still a Beta works pretty well. It's only crashed on me once and that was probably user error. I'm not a huge effects guy. Give me delay and verb and I'm a happy guy. I haven't found a verb I really like and the Tape delay is pretty much where I stay. At this point the first time around it was arlready boxed up and I had my Sweetwater rep on the phone :grin

That's how I felt immediately the first time but since the update{s}? I feel differently. I spent almost the entire day A/B/C'ing it against my Helix Rack and my Fractal Std (am I the only one here still rocking my original AxeFx Std?) and I have to say I'm digging the Amp tones. The editor tho still a Beta works pretty well. It's only crashed on me once and that was probably user error. I'm not a huge effects guy. Give me delay and verb and I'm a happy guy. I haven't found a verb I really like and the Tape delay is pretty much where I stay. At this point the first time around it was arlready boxed up and I had my Sweetwater rep on the phone :grin
The only strange thing is that honestly, not that much has changed. A few amps and effects, limited hybrid mode, but tone wisez it should be the same as the day you first had it.

But sometimes you just need to revisit it!

It's very good! It's definitely a gamble with it being a smaller company in Ukraine but I can't hold that against them. Theyve put out a killer device and hope it gains traction

Unfortunately, they need to up their onboard UI game even *way* more than Fractal. So much it's impossible with the current hardware. With this very hardware generation, it will only be something for a very limited amount of users, namely those that never want or need to edit anything straight on the unit.

I've got to admit, I've spent a lot of time with the 3 modelers over the last couple days and I am developing a greater affection for the Helix Rack

QC today....

There, I said it out loud.. :crazy

Oh the horror ! :oops:

I've owned every modeler known to man at least once, if not twice and in some instances 3 times. I still own a couple Fractal units, a Helix rack, an Amperium and too many plug ins.
Sheesh, I still own an 11R and a V Amp Pro.

I grabbed a QC shortly after the initial roll out and quickly realized it wasn't ready for prime time. Sent it back

A good friend with a successful regional band kept recommending the QC.

So, here we are,, Rd 2

Out of the box the firmware needed updated. Once that was done and the editor DLed and hooked up and with less than an hr playtime I have to say I am impressed this time. I 'm just scratching the surface and honestly don't know shit about the pc of gear but it sure does inspire me to play. And that, makes me smile..

I have so so much to learn about this rig..

I guess these aren't particularly appreciated around here, Maybe I'll come to understand why but at the moment the 2203 preset has this no talent hack giggling and snorting like a lil biatch after some tweaks :headbang

The QC is really good and the 2203 preset is indeed dope AF. The Berlin one or whatever it’s called is kinda badass to get your trance groove on. :ROFLMAO:

FAS drives are great and better to my ears (and lack of desire to hear disembodied distortion) over the other options. But nothing beats the real thing :chef

Congrats on the QC, Ax. I bet you'll have a great time with it \m/

The QC kicks all kinds of ass. A lot of the folks here are just easily triggered.

I'm definitely triggered......to congratulate @Axe on his QC! It's a very capable piece of hardware that offers some stuff that no one else in the market offers even after 2.5 years of opportunity to respond.

The company behind it is who they are, and that's not relevant to this thread at this time.

Back