I guess I'm not immune to the Vid...

cragginshred

Roadie
Four years in been exposed so many times via my job in healthcare -out patient and med surg rotations. Vaxed plus one booster in early 2021 and wifey even had it with zero symptoms a year ago. Shared bed, no mask while cooking for me, still never got it. Two weeks ago I get a cough the day of a gig. Next day super tired but was up till 2am. End up testing due to fatigue and cough -bam. Not only me but drummer and singer got it too. Outdoor gig and no close proximity to each other

What is really odd is my brother and his wife had dinner with us and lunch the next day indoors and they did not get it so not sure how I shared it with singer and drummer. Oh well got a week and a half off and was fine in 3 days so hiking and Mt biking happened daily. Great way to clear the lungs too! :crazy

Is Covid going around where your at this summer also?

COVID is still running rampant, although it’s mutated into a much less aggressive virus. Many of my friends and family have likened it to a mild to bad cold.

Unfortunately, most people aren’t immune to the current variants, regardless if they’re vaccinated or not.

Yeah, it's surging right now. I read a couple of weeks ago that the current infection rates in the US are higher than at any time since the pandemic began. We all caught it back in late June when we went to Disney, and everybody in my parents' nursing home is currently infected.

It was like a bad cold for a few days and it set my running progress back a few weeks, but it was otherwise just a shadow of what I experienced with OG covid back in 2020.

8qkMC60.gif

Glad you didn’t experience severe symptoms. Most people don’t.

My little sister ended up hospitalized with it last week and gave us all a good scare. She’s a childhood cancer survivor who has lived much of her adult life on immunosuppressants though - an outlier. Lucky they started her on remdesivir quickly and she was released a couple days later.

i got really sick last fri night. that night, all of sat were brutal. still felt shitty on sun but i had to mow the lawn bc it was really long. felt like i was going drop the entire time but i think i sweated it out bc i felt better after.

not sure if it was covid or not, kids just went back to school but i was the only one to get sick. glad it wasnt tomorrow bc we have a show.

Wife has it now. Weird thing is she had it a year ago with zero symptoms. This strain is different in that we dodged all others for 4 years. Still mild just a bit of a shocker :idk

Wife has it now. Weird thing is she had it a year ago with zero symptoms. This strain is different in that we dodged all others for 4 years. Still mild just a bit of a shocker :idk
Most of us could probably rattle off a dozen or more “somehow x had it but x didn’t catch it” it’s crazy how this stuff works sometimes.

I got my only Covid infection at a Tool show, of all places, and none of the 3 other people I went with got it…including my wife.

It took me so long to catch it I was starting to hope I was one of those few who just couldn’t catch it. No such luck.

Hope everyone heals up completely.

My wife had it beginning about three weeks ago, and despite being vaxxed and boosted was at least the second time she’s had it (she’s also on immune suppressants, though, so…). I am also vaxxed/boosted, and have not caught it from her either time :idk. Good thing, as it may have put my little three-day trip to Canada in jeopardy (just got back today). Thing is, I may have gotten it before it was widespread, and never tested for it; also, my job is repairing lab diagnostic equipment within hospital and other lab environments, so my immune system might be elevated. Again :idk

Back